Is Jack Riewoldt too lazy and arrogant to become a gun ?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is Jack Riewoldt too lazy and arrogant to become a gun ??

GoodOne said:
I reckon your opinion is wrong ;D

Really starting to step up now. Has been consistent in most games this season and, at this rate is looking at a 60+ goal in a team that hasn't won a match and is sitting neatly at the bottom of the ladder for goals scored this season. Being the primary forward target this year, his stats do not represent a player who is just a tall HFF. Really can't see how you can make that assessment.
Just go ask our coach. ;)

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Just go ask our coach. ;)
Don't rely on authorities to tell you what is truth, use your own reasoning skills. Besides I don't think L.Franklin and J.Roughead are good comparisons for half forward flankers.

Giardiasis said:
Don't rely on authorities to tell you what is truth, use your own reasoning skills. Besides I don't think L.Franklin and J.Roughead are good comparisons for half forward flankers.
Damien and i seem to be on the same wave length. ;D

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Damien and i seem to be on the same wave length. ;D

He said that to protect Jack from critisism. After his performances this year if he believed it at the time he would have changed his mind anyway considering he compared Jack to Buddy and Roughead.

Unless you think those two are 3rd talls as well?

Eoither Damien Hardwick believes Jack is a KPP, or Jarryd Roughead is a 3rd tall. :hihi

About Angus Graham, Hardwick said he "didn't think he had it in him" to play as good as he did last week either - he's a new coach and his initial assessments are sure to change as he sees them play.

Personally I think the way Jack takes big contested grabs makes him a KPP, however there is still room for a 'bigger' KPP to play alongside him. Maybe that is what DH was referring to.

Have been a tad critical of Jack in the past saying he is not a KPP but like a beaming beacon of light in this dark season he is making me eat my words. Keep it up Jack. :)
At a young age for a key forward he is certainly taking some big steps this year.
Makes me wonder if we were winning games or if he was playing in a succesful team would he be the latest media darling?

Interestingly I was reading an article in the Sun about what chances of players winning the Coleman medal, and the pros and cons. They listed 10 players, including some players on 18 goals for the season but ommitted Jack all together (who is on 25). Poor Tiges are just not respected by anyone in the media.

GoodOne said:
Interestingly I was reading an article in the Sun about what chances of players winning the Coleman medal, and the pros and cons. They listed 10 players, including some players on 18 goals for the season but ommitted Jack all together (who is on 25). Poor Tiges are just not respected by anyone in the media.

yeah, i read that too, tho i think it was written on Sat, before Jack's 6 goals.
he'd have to be a slight chance for the Coleman.

Brodders17 said:
yeah, i read that too, tho i think it was written on Sat, before Jack's 6 goals.
he'd have to be a slight chance for the Coleman.

Nah was definitely after, think it was in yesterday's Sun actually. Just looked odd that he was the only player in the current top 10 not discussed.

GoodOne said:
Nah was definitely after, think it was in yesterday's Sun actually. Just looked odd that he was the only player in the current top 10 not discussed.

it was put online midnight sat. i reckon it would have been written before the game. anyway doesnt really matter. jack is 6th on the goalkicking ladder. be great if he keeps up there. give us something to cheer.