Is Jack Riewoldt too lazy and arrogant to become a gun ?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is Jack Riewoldt too lazy and arrogant to become a gun ??

anyone who week in week out tries running his player under the ball and run back to kick a goal when it has worked for him 1 out of 100 needs to learn some new tricks.
Inspector said:
Needs a stint at Coburg mate he kicked 3 of our 7 goals!!

this is the problem. Because he kicks a goal, he cant get dropped? Teriffic..

If Jack is our best hope for the next decade, then we may as well wipe off the next 20 years.

Jack is an arrogant showpony who will do well in a winning side, he hasnt got the fight or guts to drag all his teammates up with hium to make us a good team. he will wait for a real gun to do that and then try and claim the cream at the end.

I hate showponies. I even hate it more when they play for frees constantly and never get taught a lesson because apparently they are the only footballer who can kick a goal for the yellow and black.

You dont learn from being babied, You learn from being taught..

Soon see just how hard this coach is.. 3 years goes past very quickly...

well with the squad we have to pick from this week

Is start with full forward astbury Browne/Vickery nahas

half forward morton Post Tuck/edwards

Just til Jack realises he isnt the only person who is able to play footy for the richmond footy club, It seems a given he plays, yet when guys like morton (who has shown as much if not more than Jack) always gets dropped (3 or 4 times in the last 2 years) for not having the "application". Jack only needs a week or 2 out to be given the message..

Simmonds proved today he is pathetic and big Browne is tough and strong. If we can play Vickery, then there is no reason not to play Browne. Simmonds though is a waste of time

Post needs to be played, Not in 3 or 4 different possies a game. He needs to be played forward!

When we get our others back from injury this line would change as I would have tambling at half forward because he is not a defender and I think he is only a part time midfielder, same as shane edwards, both better played ahead of the ball

Crumpet_Avenger said:
anyone who week in week out tries running his player under the ball and run back to kick a goal when it has worked for him 1 out of 100 needs to learn some new tricks.
this is the problem. Because he kicks a goal, he cant get dropped? Teriffic..

If Jack is our best hope for the next decade, then we may as well wipe off the next 20 years.

Jack is an arrogant showpony who will do well in a winning side, he hasnt got the fight or guts to drag all his teammates up with hium to make us a good team. he will wait for a real gun to do that and then try and claim the cream at the end.

I hate showponies. I even hate it more when they play for frees constantly and never get taught a lesson because apparently they are the only footballer who can kick a goal for the yellow and black.

You dont learn from being babied, You learn from being taught..

Soon see just how hard this coach is.. 3 years goes past very quickly...
Did Jaaack give your missus a touchup while you weren't looking crumpet?
You've run a nonstop slagoff at Jaaack since you've jumped on here.
Perhaps if you sat down and carefully watched a game you would see what actually goes on during our hidings and realise that Jaaack isn't the evil cancer destroying Richmond that you believe him to be.
He's still got a fair bit of growing and developing to do but he is actually one of our better footballers, maybe one day when we put a decent supply line to our forwards he will get the chance to properly display his talents.

its his attitude that is the problem, so if you carefully go back and watch the games, watch how our so called big forward falls to the ground like he has been shot when a back pocket pusshes him or when he thinks its clever to try and fall over in front of the umpire to gain a 50 if he is breathed on too hard...

He is passing bad habits on to the kids in their first season at the club. perhaps he should go have tea with his cousin and try to get a clue from him (bar the crying bit)

A big forward takes a big mark, I know he isnt massive but leave the diving and party tricks to guys like Milne from the saints, nahas (not that he does, because he actually plays with some bloody heart.)

The way to kick goals on and off the field is to bloody work for them, not cheat the system

the way i see it crumpet, there's 3 kind of posters on PRE,

1. Those who know heaps about footy
2. Those who come on here to read what the No.1's have to say and have a chat (That'd be me)
3. Those who obviously know very little about footy.

Your No.3.

Crumpet_Avenger said:
its his attitude that is the problem, so if you carefully go back and watch the games, watch how our so called big forward falls to the ground like he has been shot when a back pocket pusshes him or when he thinks its clever to try and fall over in front of the umpire to gain a 50 if he is breathed on too hard...

He is passing bad habits on to the kids in their first season at the club. perhaps he should go have tea with his cousin and try to get a clue from him (bar the crying bit)

A big forward takes a big mark, I know he isnt massive but leave the diving and party tricks to guys like Milne from the saints, nahas (not that he does, because he actually plays with some bloody heart.)

The way to kick goals on and off the field is to bloody work for them, not cheat the system
Funny how the match review panel decided he had nothing to answer for when people claimed he took a dive. Go back and open your eyes, watch the incident again and strangely enough Jaaack was pushed over while he was just standing there.
Jaaack is one of very few players at Richmond with a little bit of self belief and attitude, he tries nearly all the time to encourage and instill a little bit of positive into his teammates.
With our inept delivery into the forward line Jaaack needs to use every party trick he can think of just to get a bloody kick, he works his arse off leading up to the wings, chasing and harassing, trying to pluck or outbody from the fringes of contests, standing to try for pack marks, leading in the hope of receiving a ball out in front and scrambling at ground level for crumbs and dish offs.
Perhaps you'd be far happier sitting down at Moorabin having a good cry with cousin Nick you've certainly got no idea about the garbage delivery our forwards have got to try and work with.

TigerMasochist said:
He's still got a fair bit of growing and developing to do but he is actually one of our better footballers, maybe one day when we put a decent supply line to our forwards he will get the chance to properly display his talents.

agree with that, played well 2day Jack and gave his all.....gee if tom hawkins was playing for richmond he'd be bagged to the sh!thouse, very average player tommy hawkins just has good supply from his cats team mates

This bloke Crumpet thinks Cotchin is one of Richmond's major flaws. Says it all really.

To answer the thread question: probably.

Real challenge for Hardwick, Daly, Leppitch and Lade to change the attitude of some of our players.

As a start I would put forward the rule that anyone slapping high fives with Jack is dragged to the bench. He won't stop and believes that is the way you gee up your team. Interesting to see what the reaction is when no-one else carries on with this self indulgent crap. Watching the Collingwood - Carlton game and Beams has kicked a game winning goal but I couldn't tell from his reaction that he had snagged it. Noticable that most of the younger Collingwood players don't carry on after any of their goals. Buckley influence?

"an extrovert personality". I know I'm an old man but in my day that meant you were an arrogant tosser and treated accordingly.

Things are going to be tough for Jack all year but if he just keeps on going at it he will be better for it in the long run. He is doing his job every week just as long as his forward pressure picks up. He has the tools to become an important player in our team. To not look interested like he did last week and still put away three means a lot, if he was interested that could have been 4-5.
He did well today, we played the beat team and they had him covered many times.

Gotta laugh at the Jack knockers.

All I can say to them is who would you prefer, Riewoldt or Hawkins?

Jeez Tom is a dud. I reckon Geelong will punt him to the Gold Coast.

josey said:
Gotta laugh at the Jack knockers.

All I can say to them is who would you prefer, Riewoldt or Hawkins?

Jeez Tom is a dud. I reckon Geelong will punt him to the Gold Coast.

I reckeon your right josey I bet thy will pay him as well just to get rid of him

Pity Jack didnt go in with the same attitude the week before against Freo like his improved effort yesterday.We might have won against Freo.
Lets see what happens against the Crows.

RedanTiger said:
As a start I would put forward the rule that anyone slapping high fives with Jack is dragged to the bench. He won't stop and believes that is the way you gee up your team.

Just drag Jack for doing it.

Runs around high-fiving people, looking like he's about to break into a Maurice Greene-esque bout of, "Who be da GOAT, baby?!?!"..... we are 15 goals down. Whereas last week we were still in the game and he decides to sulk and play from behind.

Absolutely zero awareness of the context of the game. Whether that can be changed I don't know.

Ready said:
Just drag Jack for doing it.

Runs around high-fiving people, looking like he's about to break into a Maurice Greene-esque bout of, "Who be da GOAT, baby?!?!"..... we are 15 goals down. Whereas last week we were still in the game and he decides to sulk and play from behind.

Absolutely zero awareness of the context of the game. Whether that can be changed I don't know.

The problem is that Jack, like all arrogant selfish people, would then believe he was being picked on and treated unfairly.

The idea is to force him to think about the effect he is having on his team-mates if they're dragged. It is also a form of group punishment and gets them ALL focused on the next play and their part in it.

geoffryprettyboy said:
You know jack sh!t!

Amazing how people comment when they don't watch games of football.

Post was non competitive yesterday in the VFL and has a long way to go to be considered. He has a lot of areas to work on before he can be considered. The situation may force us to bring him in for games he truly isn't deserving.

Also he is a defender, not a forward. I still have faith he can be a top class player, but a lot of development still needs to be put into him.

Leysy Days said:
Should be Chimp's vice captain next year.

Hopefully he is.

Cotchin, Foley, Riewoldt are in the lead as leaders of the club with Astbury and Dea coming through as the junior leaders being developed.

Cotchin for Captain with Foley and Riewoldt his deputies.