Game Day thread....vs Geelong Cats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day thread....vs Geelong Cats

Tigers2011 said:
Totally agree. Given Hardwick's background, that's been the most disappointing aspect of the season to date.

Agree - I knew we were going to be in for a shitty season this year. That didn't bother me one bit, because I was expecting balls to the wall toughness and ferocity.

We've gone BACKWARDS in this area compared to last year.

Tigers2011 said:
Totally agree. Given Hardwick's background, that's been the most disappointing aspect of the season to date. It has been the common theme of the first six rounds. Costs nothing to chase, tackle and create pressure.

+1000.

All the talk preseason of putting your head over the ball, when its your time to go you go blah blah.

thejinx said:
I don't think anyone expected a win today, or even a close match. But it's the complete lack of intensity and run that continually gets on my nerves.

There's simply no effort out there. How the *smile* did we get beaten in tackles today?

No talking, no supporting each other, no shepparding, no 1%ers, no tackles, laughs and high fives when we're getting thrashed by 60+ points.

Age and inexperience have nothing to do with these issues.

If you thinks this your ability to assess a football game is on par with Richmond's performance today. By the way are you really saying there was not any Richmond player that tackled, gave a shepherd, or worked hard today - Tuck had the most contested possession today by a long way.

thejinx said:
I don't think anyone expected a win today, or even a close match. But it's the complete lack of intensity and run that continually gets on my nerves.

There's simply no effort out there. How the *smile* did we get beaten in tackles today?

No talking, no supporting each other, no shepparding, no 1%ers, no tackles, laughs and high fives when we're getting thrashed by 60+ points.

Not a 100% correct. Was amazed at our tackling being mostly maintained. Sure there were two periods of the game where we slipped badly (and around half of the winning margin was scored in those minutes), and the first half of the first quarter was were the final tackling differencial was created - otherwise it was maintained through the game bar one other small period. THAT IS A BIG POSITIVE not as easily evident in early games I think.

Yes, Jack is trying for an all-time record of high-fives after goal, but his team mates are letting him down badly :cutelaugh

The teams all-time deficiency is on field talk - the tackle on McGuane and strip by Pods was poor vision, but that's why you have team mates acting as your eyes and ears. have complained for years we do not talk enough - and until we do - we well never rise. Boot the mutes!

[quoteI don't think anyone expected a win today, or even a close match. But it's the complete lack of intensity and run that continually gets on my nerves.

][/quote]

great post...For those of you thinking we will eventually improve over time simply because we currently have a young list are deluded in their thinking. These young players are picking up bad playing habits - through no fault of their own it must be pointed.

cagedtiger said:
If you thinks this your ability to assess a football game is on par with Richmond's performance today. By the way are you really saying there was not any Richmond player that tackled, gave a shepherd, or worked hard today - Tuck had the most contested possession today by a long way.

Oh dont go there......

Crazy Costanza said:
[quoteI don't think anyone expected a win today, or even a close match. But it's the complete lack of intensity and run that continually gets on my nerves.

]

great post...For those of you thinking we will eventually improve over time simply because we currently have a young list are deluded in their thinking. These young players are picking up bad playing habits - through no fault of their own it must be pointed.

Whose bad playing habits are they picking up - pretty much most of the old guard are gone now?

Crazy Costanza said:
For those of you thinking we will eventually improve over time simply because we currently have a young list are deluded in their thinking. These young players are picking up bad playing habits - through no fault of their own it must be pointed.

Agree with that - believe we have chosen the wrong path going for youth alone over the next three seasons, but here we are. If we survive the next three years, we may need to bottom out again for another couple................ Here we are, no way back - only one way forward now...........

Age and inexperience have nothing to do with these issues. But it's the complete lack of intensity and run that continually gets on my nerves.

I think age and inexperience AND lack of confidence have a huge impact on the team's apparent lack of intensity.
Many of their attempted tackles are simply shrugged off by stronger bodies. Some of our players just lack the skills.

The young players are not used to playing with one another and despite our "game plan" appear to have no idea have no idea what the player with the ball is likely to do.
Give them time and match practice. Each week there will be lessons.
Don't underestimate confidence as a huge factor especially with the likes of Astbury and Dea, but also Riewoldt and Morton , who are under enormous pressure to put goals on the board.

I don't think we gave up trying and I'm not giving up supporting the mighty Tigers.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Has $80[to win $400] on Geelong/Richmond high/low score of the Round.
Also $80[3340] on Freo/Rich High/low score.

Go Cats and Moreso Freo ;D

Although i think the doggies might have put a spanner in the works :help
Dammit.Still can,t win when we lose. ;D

cagedtiger said:

Of course we laid tackles and gave a few shepards, but not nearly enough as we should be. Watch any other team in the comp and they *smile* all over us when it comes to effort and support.

The biggest thing that was so evident for me today was our inability to keep our feet at contests - we would get to the ball no worries, but its hard to get it out on your back or hands and knees - when the ball came out Geelong had the bodies to clear as they were staying on their feet.

thejinx said:
Of course we laid tackles and gave a few shepards, but not nearly enough as we should be. Watch any other team in the comp and they sh!t all over us when it comes to effort and support.

You know the tackle count presumably?

Just bigger bodies.

Seriously though I will not abide skinny runts 2 or 3 years down the track.

tropicaltiger said:
reading some of your posts jack frost it appears to me that you dont have any genuine support for the tiges

you are more interested in trying to be a keyboard hero it seems.

Genuine support you ask ??

Whats to support exactly ?

Oh wait, let me guess, lets make sh!t up and pretend we arent as bad as what it seems and shows on the field every week, that should get us some sympathy and help us field a more competitive team in the future.

That better ?, more to your liking ?

Support !!!!!....... Ill show support when this club shows a willingness to put together a team that is at least semi competitive and capable of at the very least show a little of what made the the Richmond Football Club a thing to be proud of being apart of 30 years ago...till then Ill continue to have a laugh and make fun of this pretender that takes the field, sorry, just the way I deal with being a follower of this rabble these days.

it's understandable... I was in primary school the last time we played for a flag...

thejinx said:
Of course we laid tackles and gave a few shepards, but not nearly enough as we should be. Watch any other team in the comp and they sh!t all over us when it comes to effort and support.

Tackles Geelong 72 Richmond 61 - hardly a compelling story. Maybe we are just young bodied and inexperienced .