Game Day thread....vs Geelong Cats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day thread....vs Geelong Cats

davidrodan said:
Maybe we need an award for the player that shepherds the most team mates into space

We still don't shepherd, and it's not something that is not exclusive to 5+ year players
Spot on. That is the one thing that annoys me more than anything, and something i really expected with Hardwick at the helm. You can't teach skills and tactics in 1/2 a year but you can teach 1%ers, tackling and determination. If i was seeing blokes like Simmonds or Newman not doing i could understand as they were born and bred under the Frawley, Wallace era. Sad thing is even our 1st year players aren't doing it.

The comment about the jumper not hitting the floor sounds very hollow at the moment. Not only are they letting it hit the floor, but they are continually mopping the floor with it. Have not seen one passage of play this year that showed me hunger, passion, commitment and desperation for the Yellow and Black guernsey!!! Very dissapointing. When i see Reiwoldt prance around like he is J.Brown bu with the commitment and toughness of Mcmahon i realise just how bad things are. Reality check is something i would highly recommend to the entire list minues Martin.

davidrodan said:
We still don't shepherd, and it's not something that is not exclusive to 5+ year players

Someone pointed out to me at an earlier game that it seems deliberate, maybe because it takes the shepherder out of the play and leaves the ball carrier with one less option.

don't know if its the hardwick game plan or the players or both but we are still playing selfish and dumb football. as people have stated above we don't know how to shepherd, we've been pathetic at this forever. players without the ball are too concerned about running away from the ball carrier to get a cheap possession instead of providing a block. also we still don't know how to run from behind the play to support the ball carrier. players behind the play just stand there more concerned about their man rather than running past to provide an extra option for the player under pressure

Harry said:
don't know if its the hardwick game plan or the players or both but we are still playing selfish and dumb football. as people have stated above we don't know how to shepherd, we've been pathetic at this forever. players without the ball are too concerned about running away from the ball carrier to get a cheap possession instead of providing a block. also we still don't know how to run from behind the play to support the ball carrier. players behind the play just stand there more concerned about their man rather than running past to provide an extra option for the player under pressure

Worst moment in the game for me was at 18.47 in the third quarter where McGuane gets absolutely smashed by Pods with 4 Tigers standing around just watching it happen.
No talk, no shepherding. Selfish and dumb football.
Not good enough. :mad:

I just watched the game again,
I'm just wondering when you play in the backline and considering the ball was there 1000 times, I'm pretty sure your there to defend, i didn't see Lids make a tackle,
and I'm really worried Rance has rubber legs combined with concrete arms!!

Tigers of Old said:
Worst moment in the game for me was at 18.47 in the third quarter where McGuane gets absolutely smashed by Pods with 4 Tigers standing around just watching it happen.

Ah *smile*. That was funny.

Both Jacko and Polo have escaped sanction from the MRP.

Good news about Polo, hope he gets a few weeks at senior level to strut his stuff.

Leysy Days said:
Ah *smile*. That was funny.

He's a pretty ordinary footballer hey Leysy.

Can you believe we just recently re-signed him to a 3 year deal and IIRC Jackson got a 2 year deal. Maybe I should go dig up my CC on his last legs thread because those are terrible decisions.

Tigers of Old said:

..and no awareness.

Barnzy said:
He's a pretty ordinary footballer hey Leysy.

Can you believe we just recently re-signed him to a 3 year deal and IIRC Jackson got a 2 year deal. Maybe I should go dig up my CC on his last legs thread because those are terrible decisions.

We didnt did we. Surely not.

Tigers of Old said:
It's not about McGuane but then you know that. ;D

;D Couldnt help but laugh at that play though. Would probably cry otherwise.

Tigers of Old said:

Yep. How often do you hear the term "playing for each other." More than any passage of play in years, this highlighted several of the things most wrong with this team out on the field.

Could someone shepherd? Could someone make an option for a pass? Could someone get int eh way and make him run around them? Could someone yell out, "You're hot?" Could someone even yell out something stupid like, "kick it now?"

Its not dumb footy. Its just selfish, I don't care coz I'm all right stuff.

They have a hell of a long way to go.

Maybe they did & McGuane was in his own element too much to hear them.

Nearly all of that lies with McGuane ILO. Regardless of any talk it was an amazing lack of awareness.

Leysy Days said:
Maybe they did & McGuane was in his own element too much to hear them.

Nearly all of that lies with McGuane ILO. Regardless of any talk it was an amazing lack of awareness.

Even considering he was standing still and not running forward with the ball.

Leysy Days said:
We didnt did we. Surely not.

According to Willo this thread: http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=39848.30

Contracts List:

2010: Connors, Cousins, Edwards, King, Graham, Hislop, McMahon, Moore, Polo, Post, Riewoldt, Simmonds, Tambling, Thomson, Tuck, Vickery, White

2011: Astbury, Browne, Collins, Dea, Farmer, Grimes, Griffiths, Jackson, Morton, Nahas, Nason, Newman, Rance, Taylor, Thursfield, Webberley

2012: Deledio, Foley, Martin, McGuane

2013: Cotchin

I swear I heard at the end of last year that Jackson was re-signed and I guess McGuane was too. Amazing if true, such limited footballers. Sure will make trades hard working around contracts. CC is a massive fan of mediocrity.

Barnzy said:
According to Willo this thread: http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=39848.30

Contracts List:

2010: Connors, Cousins, Edwards, King, Graham, Hislop, McMahon, Moore, Polo, Post, Riewoldt, Simmonds, Tambling, Thomson, Tuck, Vickery, White

2011: Astbury, Browne, Collins, Dea, Farmer, Grimes, Griffiths, Jackson, Morton, Nahas, Nason, Newman, Rance, Taylor, Thursfield, Webberley

I swear I heard at the end of last year that Jackson was re-signed and I guess McGuane was too. Amazing if true, such limited footballers. Sure will make trades hard working around contracts. CC is a massive fan of mediocrity.

Cameron is a very mediocre performer at best. I have no faith in him as the head of football at the RFC. I find it very hard to share the optimism for the future of this club with people like him at the helm. I'm not a fan of Jackson's either.

Barnzy said:

Contracts List:

No way players of McGuane's ability should be re-signed for 3 years. No excuse if indeed that is the case.

Thats right, so the only evidence we have is that McGuane should have realised he wasnt crossing the road with his dog but was actually on a football field.