Game Day Thread - Pies v Tiges Rnd 21 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Thread - Pies v Tiges Rnd 21 2015

Giving a bit to the Feral Cheer Squad is brilliant. Shows we are no longer intimidated by Collingwood and it will also go a long way to having the opposition fans hating us again.

And when everyone hates us again, we'll know the Tiger Of Old is back

TigerForce said:
Basil Brush shows it again. Huge effort to get our players in trouble. Even Lids said or gave some gesture (air kiss?) after his soccer goal.

Is Dusty the new Jake King? Two very strange frees plus 50's paid against him.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
That was the commentary team? The stuff of nightmares!

Yeah and guess what rompingwins has actually gone past the other two! Skin crawling nightmare!

Gotta love how suddenly, out of nowhere, the umpires remembered about the 5 m exclusion zone. I knew it would happen eventually.

Giardiasis said:
Cost the saints the game.

Such a joke. Guys have been stepping up to man the mark from any direction all season, sometimes two or three players have been manning the mark to try to cut off all the options. Suddenly, today, it was strict letter of the law. Poor old Varcoe has probably been stepping over the mark like that all year.

TOT70 said:
Such a joke. Guys have been stepping up to man the mark from any direction all season, sometimes two or three players have been manning the mark to try to cut off all the options. Suddenly, today, it was strict letter of the law. Poor old Varcoe has probably been stepping over the mark like that all year.
Yep it was great to finally see it adjudicated correctly. Varcoe was slow on the uptake.

One of the best games I've seen by the yellow and black in many a year. Pity the commrntary team were a dull as dishwater after watchingg the Tigers make finals. Cop that!

antman said:
Lids blew them a kiss after he kicked that soccer goal in the last, bit hard to see on the replay but he did it. I only saw it because I snuck down to that end for the last quarter - then I was "politely" asked to leave the area by about about ten middle aged women wearing Magpies gear.

Only just got out of there with my life.

Courageous effort antman. 10/10 for effort.

Just out of curiosity, did it smell like a zoo there (urine faeces etc)??!!!

Baloo said:
Giving a bit to the Feral Cheer Squad is brilliant. Shows we are no longer intimidated by Collingwood and it will also go a long way to having the opposition fans hating us again.

And when everyone hates us again, we'll know the Tiger Of Old is back

Well said Balooga, thought the same thing.

Cannot imagine the amount of crap Richmond players have copped over the years and I've never seen Tiger players give it to a feral crowd like that before.

Good to see. Shows we have a confident bunch of players now who arent intimidated by any other teams or their feral supporters.

Shows a little bit of arrogance too which all good teams posses.

Watching on delay.. Pretty sure i just saw tyrone take a contested mark! And tackle hard on quarter time! He nailed it! Go tyrone

I'm still buzzing with excitement. In fact today felt like I had travelled back in time to September 27th 1980!!

JR8 said:

Yep.

I forget who, but 4-5 years ago an opposition player said Richmond players were the most arrogant in the competition. At the time we weren't winning, so it didn't mean much. But it could be a trait we all enjoy watching over the next few seasons.

JR8 said:
Well said Balooga, thought the same thing.

Cannot imagine the amount of crap Richmond players have copped over the years and I've never seen Tiger players give it to a feral crowd like that before.

Good to see. Shows we have a confident bunch of players now who arent intimidated by any other teams or their feral supporters.

Collingwood cheer squad - why were there so few of them behind the goals at their home game?
I don't like players interacting with opposition supporter who are allowed to act like morons when they enter the ground and sit behind the fence, and at least those few stuck it out. A quite word in our players ear should be enough.

While Im not sure i condone Dustys behaviour , the positive for me , it clearly showed his pride and love for the club .

billyb#40 said:
Collingwood cheer squad - why were there so few of them behind the goals at their home game?
I don't like players interacting with opposition supporter who are allowed to act like morons when they enter the ground and sit behind the fence, and at least those few stuck it out. A quite word in our players ear should be enough.
I thought Jack handled it quite well. Just made the hand talking sign at them, telling them to keep on yapping. I dread to think what the shy retiring flower with the short peroxided hair and the tatts on her arms was screaming at him as she hung over the fence and stuck her middle finger up repeatedly. They can give it out the Collingwood ferals, but they don't like it when it comes back the other way.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Fourth time Richmond has recorded consecutive wins of 80+ points, after R3-4 1942, R20-SF 1969, and R17-18 1982 (all Grand Final years).

:eek: :eek:., you just keep digging them up L2R2R, bloody amazing stats. You do realise that half a million Tigers will now be expecting a grand final performance this year. Well, praying for one at least.