Game Day Thread - Pies v Tiges Rnd 21 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Thread - Pies v Tiges Rnd 21 2015

The commentators did mention that the last time Richmond had such a great defensive effort for a season was in 1967, and we all know what happened that year.

I watched a few highlights last night but the one that stood out to me was the song. For a 90 point win against the old enemy it was remarkably low key.

Apart from Benny Lennon who was singing with gusto (he is still probably in the "how good is this? " stage of his career ;D ) the players sang the song in a very matter of fact manner. It shows me that these wins are not a surprise to this playing group and are just part of where we want to get to.

billyb#40 said:
Collingwood cheer squad - why were there so few of them behind the goals at their home game?
I don't like players interacting with opposition supporter who are allowed to act like morons when they enter the ground and sit behind the fence, and at least those few stuck it out. A quite word in our players ear should be enough.
It was bizarre there were so few in their cheer squad on a home game. There must be a reason.

Pendlebury in the Age this morning saying he's not used to playing in games that "don't mean anything" - well, get used to it dude

UKTiger said:
I think everyone of us is buzzing at the moment. I can't remember when I last saw such a complete performance by theTigers

yep. there was something about it. i was thinking "what a team"- and that went beyond being a supporter. very satisfying...

larabee said:
Pendlebury in the Age this morning saying he's not used to playing in games that "don't mean anything" - well, get used to it dude
He also said on 3aw that were strivingto be llike the TIGERS .
It was glorious listening .

69 vintage said:

nice compliment coming from a very good footballer

69 vintage said:

He could go one better and strive to BE A TIGER.

I'm sure we could fit him in on a flank next year.

I just don't understand why Collingwood fans have such a bad reputation...

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/F1D38936F81246756892781514752_3cde6ad39f9.4.6.2667328691610527141.mp4?versionId=smHivujFDoGf1POJR_QfgFT43iJFXaKr

tigertim said:
It was bizarre there were so few in their cheer squad on a home game. There must be a reason.

Isn't there an issue between the club and the cheer squad? Eddie's trying to sanitise the image and control what they do and say. The club writes the messages on the banner etc. A lot of the old timers have left or been kicked out

evo said:
I just don't understand why Collingwood fans have such a bad reputation...

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/F1D38936F81246756892781514752_3cde6ad39f9.4.6.2667328691610527141.mp4?versionId=smHivujFDoGf1POJR_QfgFT43iJFXaKr

Classy lady. Nice haircut though!

Have absolutely no problem with Dusty giving them the two finger salute. If it's ok for the fans to direct it at the player it's ok for the player to respond. Just as long as it's not threatening (eg throwing an imaginery spear)

The Pies had 9 more i50s yesterday if you can believe it and lost by 91 points. We had 2 i50s per goal to their 8. :eek:

The importance of a rock solid defence coupled with efficiency in attack never highlighted better.

BrisTiger24 said:
Have absolutely no problem with Dusty giving them the two finger salute. If it's ok for the fans to direct it at the player it's ok for the player to respond. Just as long as it's not threatening (eg throwing an imaginery spear)

Dusty was giving them the old Maori traditional victory dance.
Nothing to see.
Move on.

Please.