Game Day Thread - Pies v Tiges Rnd 21 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Thread - Pies v Tiges Rnd 21 2015

Only just finished watching the first quarter - been away for most the day. Whats with the commentary barracking for free kicks in Wobbles fwd line and talk about booooooooooooooooorrrrrrrriiinnngggg commentary - enough to put you to sleep if the game was not so bloody exciting. Somebody said earlier that Darcy Moore is going to be a player - he is very exciting and will tear a few teams to pieces if he keeps it up.

Buckley said after the game that Collingwood was suffering mentally after not having been rewarded for consistently taking it up to the top sides. Whilst I thought he didn't say anything unreasonable, it'll be interesting to see how it goes down with the media.

There are some parallels between this Collingwood team and Richmond 2012:

Richmond 2012 |Collingwood 2015
Rd AvAge R Mn Op Fin |Rd AvAge R Mn Op Fin
---------------------|--------------------
2 24.07 L 21 Co 4th | 2 24.27 L 27 Ad 8th
4 23.90 L 10 Ge 7th | 7 24.27 L 5 Ri 6th
5 23.85 L 10 WC 5th | 9 24.45 W 17 NM 7th
7 24.10 W 29 Sy 1st |13 24.52 L 7 Fr 1st
9 23.90 W 62 Ha 2nd |14 23.93 L 10 Ha 3rd
11 23.22 L 12 Fr 6th |16 24.29 L 31 WC 2nd
14 24.08 L 19 Ad 3rd |17 24.12 L 18 WB 4th
17 23.93 L 4 NM 8th |20 24.24 L 11 Sy 5th
21 24.16 L 22 Fr 6th |21 23.91 L 91 Ri 6th

Richmond won 10.5 games (Collingwood 9 so far), yet Richmond received a lot of negative coverage through the year where Collingwood's has been generally positive, with a lot of discussion about their talented list and seemingly bright future.

Honestly believe perceptions created by media are a factor in Richmond not being able to land prime talent seeking a club on the move. These days we deserve a better deal.

Collingwood fans have become tame. Their golf claps for the first quarter goals were Dees-esque.

I loved today's match... enjoyed every minute of it. Personally, I considered that to be the best match I attended all year!

Just got back after celebrating the win at the social club and a few drinks after. How good was that ?

This team is not done yet. A couple of recruits and Lennon and C. Ellis coming through...the future is really bright.

ToraToraTora said:
That was fun. Let's do it again.

Most enjoyable game I've been to in along time. It was great to just sing the song and cheer the boys off the ground and reflect on what a great effort the boys put up .... Seemed like none of us Tigers wanted to go home :clap!!

Really put our foot on their throat and didn't let them back up! We owed them that smashing and some!

Lols at the scum cheer squad throwing their pom poms & streamers over the fence at the end :rofl

The scum cheer squad are feral. Dusty gave them a flaccid two finger salute and of course they had to replay it on the telly. Jack just raised his hand to his ear and the commentators were all over it, saying he shouldn't do anything in retaliation.

Please. The players are human. The ferals, not sure if they are human or not... ?

I was at the game I enjoyed every second I am still intoxicated having so much fun first time I have used my Maurice Rioli membership - go Tigers - yeeeeeee haaaa!!!!!!

Its just a jump to the left...
Screen%20Shot%202015-03-10%20at%202_48_22%20PM.jpg

Damn, it feels like I'm doing the 'Time Warp' again, Richmond is back roaring like the Tigers of Old and Scumwood has reopened the Collywobby coffin again.

Big Country said:
That was the most fun I've had in an afternoon for some time. :clap

You stole my thunder BC. Was about to post something similar, ie That was one of the most enjoyable games I can ever remember at the G in recent times!!

I'm still basking in the afterglow of smashing these scumbags!! ;D ;D ;D

Now on to next week and hopefully a 100+ thrashing of Essendrugs.

Brilliant game to attend. Ferals were quiet all day, plus it appeared like there were more Tiges there than Pies fans. The song was sung VERY LOUDLY at the end. I reckon louder than any game I've been to all year.

Great game by all, very hard to find much not to like about that game, pretty much the perfect game I thought. Our defence was fantastic and one of the reasons why the Pies kicked so poorly, our pressure was very good throughout. Our ball use for the vast majority of the game was top class. Just a great game to see live and experience. Easily the best footy we have played in years, we have played like that in parts of games, but that was a true 4 quarter effort. We were under the cosh a bit in the 2nd quarter but our defensive effort was top class.

I've been a critic of Vickery's but that was without doubt the best game he has ever played for the club. His goals were great and his effort was the best I have seen for a long time. I think the bit of his game that I loved the most wasn't that he scored 6 goals, but the effort that he put in I think it was the 4th quarter when he applied brilliant pressure and effort when he wasn't favourite for the ball, not once but twice and it led directly to a goal (might have been for Ellis) - actually could have been 2nd quarter definitely shooting towards the City end. That really showed his desire. If he can keep that effort and desire for the contest up continuously then anyone (including me) that has criticised him will eat their words.