Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs West Coast Eagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs West Coast Eagles

Pathetic tonight, poor skills, poor decision making, poor across the board. Not one winner on the night, Dusty tried hard but faded, Cotch non existent and we lost by 20 points. Thank the good lord it wasn't Sydney or Hawthorn against us tonight. Play like that next week and 20 will be our total score.

TigerForce said:
Coach issue. We could've used Vickery on Nic Nat instead of Griffiths with our mids roving off Nic Nat....but it just didn't happen...
Or Griffo who was giving nothing up forward

Top 4 was a tiny possibility but that is shot now. May make the finals but also rans even if we win a final... and the list gets a year older...Jack, Delids ... Maric (totally usueless tonight)... Chaplin (Best witches hat impersonation ever)

Tigerdog said:
Or Griffo who was giving nothing up forward

Top 4 was a tiny possibility but that is shot now. May make the finals but also rans even if we win a final... and the list gets a year older...Jack, Delids ... Maric (totally usueless tonight)... Chaplin (Best witches hat impersonation ever)

We're no top 4...never were. At least we're still 8th after this round, but we need the talls Griffo and Vickery to start stepping up more, be more cohesive together and start firing especially next week at Sydney.

Their defensive setup was to good for us tonight. They often seemed to have two loose men in our backline that picked us off time and again. They used these free players to set up loose men and break open the play. It made our skills look bad as well because a lot of times we had no clear players to go to.

Tiger fan's understand 1 thing this mob has pretended for years bloody years & they get us ALL in , suckers we are realists we are not .
The club has a LONG WAY to go to even make the 8 , seriously short of another 4 -5 good players , so sit back and take it like l have for the past 50 years , guess lm used to it now , l just laugh inside and think it's just what Richmond does best !!!!!

Like · · More · 23 minutes ago

Dev Tiger said:
Their defensive setup was to good for us tonight. They often seemed to have two loose men in our backline that picked us off time and again. They used these free players to set up loose men and break open the play. It made our skills look bad as well because a lot of times we had no clear players to go to.

Good fair post, dev.

Dev Tiger said:
Yep

Pitiful foot skills tonight and decision making was mind boggling.
But boy-wee, ain't west coast good.
Hunted in numbers, when ever the ball came free they were there.
Always seemed 2 on 1 in their favour all over the ground

After that effort we should be applying for a priority draft pick first thing Monday.

Err, it's always frustrating losing, especially after the recent momentum, but thats not even close to a pathetic loss some R going on about.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Park the dreams for another year, we're clearly behind the Eagles who are borderline top four.

Yep, that's it.

We're a good team but not as good as a few others.

Nothing surprising here and the result was expected.

Mr Magic said:
Eagles were average we were stuffen woeful

Thats what i mean . We were supposed to be the the team with week off and them playing three games on 6 day breaks and we come out and play like crap.

its so god damm frustrating. Let them kick bloody 6 goals in 10 mins yet again. Still could have the won the thing in the last but to pissweak to mount any challenge at all.

Dev Tiger said:

They set up in a grid-like formation once we got to the centre. Where we tried to leave space to lead into, Hurn or McGovern filled the hole.

Certainly did their homework.

Don't think I'll criticise Naitanui again, does a hundred things that don't go on the stats sheet.

Keeping the faith with a 20 point loss after being comprehensively beaten. Why every quick kick went to a Weagle is frustrating. Didn't do the old fashioned cover the hole and play in front. Taylor Hunt gutsy but I think his kicking composure is why the Cats let him go.

Dev Tiger said:

The times when we did have spare players we stuffed up those plays as well.

Our disposal and composure tonight was as bad as it has been this year.

Bad teams play okay and look bad on the scoreboard.

Good teams play bad and look okay on the scoreboard.

Chimptastic said:
Bad teams play okay and look bad on the scoreboard.

Good teams play bad and look okay on the scoreboard.

I know what over rated front running teams look like after tonight also

Did there home work on us didn't they , shut down cotchin Grigg Ivan got smashed Dusty keep us in that one . Looked rusty to me after the break 20 points not that bad . If we are lucky enough to play that lot in the finals have to consider Hampson

28 changers from disposals.

Game over.

Thought we'd lose by three goals and I was close. Just knew we'd lose coming off the bye.

pervian said:
Did there home work on us didn't they , shut down cotchin Grigg Ivan got smashed Dusty keep us in that one . Looked rusty to me after the break 20 points not that bad . If we are lucky enough to play that lot in the finals have to consider Hampson

I wish Hampson was better around the ground :-[ as he's actually quite a good Tap Ruckman.