Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs West Coast Eagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs West Coast Eagles

Tonight just shows there is still a long way to go.

Talk of top four was premature rubbish. We are a middling side with a middling list. Too many players are way too inconsistent in their performance and also their effort IMO. Bottom reaches of the 8 at best, if we are lucky.

While performances like this keep rearing their ugly heads several times a year, we will continue to be mediocre.

One week we are clean and precise, the next we are fumbly and turnover merchants. The gap between our best and worst is huge.

We just needed to stop kicking it to Shannon Hurn. That was the difference. Every time we got the ball in our half wet kicked it to him.

If we kicked it to our players instead of him wet win. Simple.

alexwern said:
We just needed to stop kicking it to Shannon Hurn. That was the difference. Every time we got the ball in our half wet kicked it to him.

If we kicked it to our players instead of him wet win. Simple.

Nah not that simple. West Coast closed down the space superbly. We seemed to rarely have clear easy targets to kick to and had to try riskier passes. West Coast are impressively drilled team. I was far more impressed with them than Fremantle. Might be an all WA final.

Fair enough, that all makes sense. Not sure if I think they are as good as they looked tonight.

As much as I love ivan. I hope we go after a ruckman come end of year.

Was listening to Derwayne Russell pregame mocking us saying "here we are again, red 12 and we are wondering if Richmond are the real deal this time, or are they teasing again. It's a big Friday night game and I think they'll lose"

The worst thing is he was right in mocking us.

tigertim said:
Was listening to Derwayne Russell pregame mocking us saying "here we are again, red 12 and we are wondering if Rich,ondcare the real deal this time, or are they teasing again. It's a big Friday night game and I think they'll lose"

he's still a *smile* though.

tigertim said:
Was listening to Derwayne Russell pregame mocking us saying "here we are again, red 12 and we are wondering if Rich,ondcare the real deal this time, or are they teasing again. It's a big Friday night game and I think they'll lose"

The media dont trust us for good reason. Tonight has happened many times before.

what would the cats have to win by tmrw to knock us out of the 8 on percentage ?

tigertim said:
Was listening to Derwayne Russell pregame mocking us saying "here we are again, red 12 and we are wondering if Richmond are the real deal this time, or are they teasing again. It's a big Friday night game and I think they'll lose"

In footy the losers are nearly always bad and the winners almost always good.

I'm disappointed but thought tonight was was a genuine 50/50 going in, and the Eagles were better than I expected. If 'Roids Russell really thinks losing to a decent side undoes all the gains, he's as facile as he sometimes sounds.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
In footy the losers are nearly always bad and the winners almost always good.

I'm disappointed but thought tonight was was a genuine 50/50 going in, and the Eagles were better than I expected. If 'Roids Russell really thinks losing to a decent side undoes all the gains, he's as facile as he sometimes sounds.

tAts where its at.

Two teams enter as sides who might breach the gap across no mans land into top 4 realms. One team emerges as a threat, the other is dismissed as not up to it! Some sides have been trying for so long that the true knobs in the media sink their slipper in. Easy targets. But so do some of their "fans".

I think we have done enough to be rated over 22 games this year. But their will always be plenty around to take cheap shots when we have a loss.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Yep. He's a star, has added some aggression to his game. What a great athlete. Instrumental. Anyone looking at his disposals and using them in isolation ignores what a great package he is.

Tigers of Old said:
Natanui loves playing against the Tiges. What a player. The key difference tonight. He destroyed our talls.

To think some preferred Jack Watts to this guy.

Did any of our talls win their position on the night?

I felt that was one area where we would have the clear advantage.

MB78 said:
Did any of our talls win their position on the night?

I felt that was one area where we would have the clear advantage.

On the night

They easily had the best ruck... (duh)

They had the best tall Fwd...

They had the best tall back...

I so think Darling won his position as well. Rance tried hard on Kennedy but was hurt by some of the good supply he got.

Just on that a Carlton supporter text me tonight saying typical Richmond. I just wrote back how good was Kennedy? Still no text back.

We set ourselves for a big pre-BYE Friday night away game against the top team.

WC set themselves for a big pre-BYE Friday night away game against the team-of-the-month.

Don't throw all the toys out just yet. We are not top 4, but we are not as bad as tonight.

Hardwick for one will learn to react and adjust to an opposition and coach who have obviously watched our last month and planned accordingly.

Fighting Fury said:
We set ourselves for a big pre-BYE Friday night away game against the top team.

WC set themselves for a big pre-BYE Friday night away game against the team-of-the-month.

Don't throw all the toys out just yet. We are not top 4, but we are not as bad as tonight.

Hardwick for one will learn to react and adjust to an opposition and coach who have obviously watched our last month and planned accordingly.

His had 6!years to learn and still got no idea. Not likely to change any time soon

Next month will tell a tale. Should win 3 of the 4.

However, with performances like this always a possibility, i wouldnt bank on it.

Last night was typical Richmond.

When hunted we struggle.
When game isnt played on our terms players and coaches simply cant adjust.

We came out at the start of each qtr and were flat. They jumped us in each of the first 3 qtrs and we had to play catchup.

Why were they so flat in what was such an important game? Perhaps it wasnt important enough to enough of them. Fluctuations in form and effort just way too great for us to be considered anything more than middling IMO.