Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs West Coast Eagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs West Coast Eagles

percyms said:
God I hope we throw the cheque book at a top end midfielder at seasons end - our midfield was woeful as a unit tonight. They handballed with impunity our of packs to running outside players and tore us apart. P.S - I am on the bandwagon and Hunt has to be dropped..

Nah give me a Ballantyne, Puopolo, Betts etc etc

At least the press and On Couch and Robbo will be happy - love nothing more than to sink the boots in the Tigers guts. On the other hand after this performance they deserve it.

Poor performance tonight but the most frustrating point was that we only lost by 20 points. If our kicking had been a bit better then we could have won that game despite playing so bad.

Leaders didn't stand up today. Cotchin was really poor and was totally ineffective. Lids had more of it but was totally ineffective as well.

Fumbles and poor skills it was like we were playing in the wet.

Also it did my head in not using the non preferred foot when it was the highest % play.

Other thing that cost us we were not stronger today than the Eagles both in body and in mind. The Eagles getting the jump each q showed we are slow learners.

To many dumb footballers in our side.Deledio was terrible tonight but he wasn't the Lone Ranger.So frustrating watching that *smile*.
Hardwick is still a deplorable game day coach!

Poor tonight Tigers.AFL even poorer allowing the jumper clash.At times l thought a Richmond player had the ball but an Eagle had the ball.

Note to opposition coaches and players- put pressure on the tiger players and they crumble just like the choc bar violet.

Beaten by a good side.

Eagles two on one defense and shepherding forwards out of contests warrants some comment though.

casper68 said:
Poor tonight Tigers.AFL even poorer allowing the jumper clash.At times l thought a Richmond player had the ball but an Eagle had the ball.

Couldnt give a Continental about the jumper clash

Poor skill errors & turnovers cost us tonight, simple as that. Looked flat & really only played about 20 minutes decent football

casper68 said:

Hunt gave it to the Eagles all night, but i think the clash wasn't the issue.

We were poor but some credit to the Eagles, there pressure around the contest was 1st class, there ability to defend as a team is as good as i have seen this year. The way they work from contest to contest showed up our poor work rate.

Lucky to have been within 20

casper68 said:
Please someone explain why we left Eagles midfielders by themselves at center bounces.

Coach issue. We could've used Vickery on Nic Nat instead of Griffiths with our mids roving off Nic Nat....but it just didn't happen...