Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs GWS

We had nine more scoring shots against a team on the same number of wins. We played well. Perhaps some on here have very high expectations

Big Country said:
Just got home from game to catch the news saying Richmond to have MRP issues with Cotch and Ivan Didn't think there was much in either of them watching the game. What'd they look like on tv? Any worries?

When I was at the ground didn't think there was much in Cotch's and still don't. Clearly was high and late an they paid 50, no need to take it to the MRP. It got what it deserved. If they look at both of those, how about the GWS player that kicked one of ours (can't remember who it was) in the face when he was on the ground. There was a clear move to kick out at him.

Thought we dominated around the ground for much of the game but our disposal into 50 was really poor for much of it. It was marking practise for many of their backs for most of the game. Vickery was disappointing for me, he got to contests but didn't compete and was outmarked regularly. It was a rare occurance when he actually brought the ball to ground. After last week was disappointing, I know it wasn't a game for talls but you still need to compete.

Umps were awful particularly in the first 3 quarters, some really obvious stuff in our favour missed and then borderline ones for GWS given. Pretty sure one of their goals in the 2nd quarter was scored when Rance was going off the field with a cut to his head, any chance of the blood rule that every other team gets!!

I heard Dimma on Triple M as I was driving in, he commented that the next stage of our evolution as a footy team is to win when we aren't playing to our best. That was today and was actually pleasing to see in the end. We didn't play anywhere near to our ability (other than a few) but managed to get over the line.

To Ian as well for slating Cotch, get a grip mate, clearly the best player on the ground today (and has repeatedly done that over the last month) and willed us to the win. I highly doubt we would have made that comeback in the 4th without him, he was massive for us.

Best 3 for me were Cotch, Edwards and Rance. All key at different times.

Just home from the game ... Thank God we won!

Just saw on the highlights ... I think it was Toby Green .... Spitting on Anthony Miles!?!

What a disgusting pig .... I hope the boys see that vision ..... Might get em up and about next time!

phew

hard to get up for a game like that after the last 3, good sides find a way to win and we did. So relieved. Shed!

mrposhman said:
Umps were awful particularly in the first 3 quarters, some really obvious stuff in our favour missed and then borderline ones for GWS given. Pretty sure one of their goals in the 2nd quarter was scored when Rance was going off the field with a cut to his head, any chance of the blood rule that every other team gets!!

The umpiring was a disgrace but I suppose what else could we expect when we are playing the AFLs love Child!

TigerForce said:
Ivan's might be more to worry about.

Hmmm I hope not. From where I sat the guy he whacked came from behind Ivan"s line of vision. Just looked like bad timing. I may have been only looking through one eye though.

TigerTribe5 said:
Just home from the game ... Thank God we won!

Just saw on the highlights ... I think it was Toby Green .... Spitting on Anthony Miles!?!

What a disgusting pig .... I hope the boys see that vision ..... Might get em up and about next time!
They've got some dogs, the Giants. Greene, Smith, Cameron, Shaw, Palmer.

Bad day, good to win. Character in the last. Everyone lifted.

tigerlove said:
The bias commentators were pretty adamant they'd both get weeks.

God they better only get fines after what Buddy and Tippet got. Neither was nearly as bad as theirs. Of course Razor could hardly curb his excrement of being in another TV shot reporting Ivan. He was a total flog today. Hw bout that free against Floss early in the last.

lukeanddad said:
We had nine more scoring shots against a team on the same number of wins. We played well. Perhaps some on here have very high expectations

It was a pretty poor showing. But good sides find something to win which is what we are. We were almost 3 years per player older and 45 games per player more experienced. GWS had a few key players out, particularly in their backline. Got out of jail in this one. 5-6 to 2-0 in the last was the difference.

feisty tige said:
Cameron should be cited for kicking Grimes!

Greene should be fined for spitting, not a great look for the game, what a pig.
Greene stomped on Miles foot first then spat on him ordinary .

tigerlove said:
Not wrong. A sign of a good side? Play like crap all day yet still win?
yeah, dunno about that.

Kinda worries me how easily our midfield was beaten despite having the dominant ruckman.

feisty tige said:
Cameron should be cited for kicking Grimes!

Greene should be fined for spitting, not a great look for the game, what a pig.

The guys on Fox Footy were indicating last night that Cloke would be looked at for when he kicked Smith. The one from Cameron was worse as he clearly pushed his leg out to kick.

I didn't see the Greene one but if he spat I think he should be gone for a week. They cannot condone that.

69 vintage said:
Greene stomped on Miles foot first then spat on him ordinary .

really hope the MRP have a look at that. spitting is a disgustingly low act.