Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs GWS

Speaking of rules, what has happened to the 5 metre exclusion zone around a player who is taking a kick from a mark or free? I'm sure I saw a Vietnamese family open up a pop-up restaurant and serve a mean pho to the public in the exclusion zone after pretty much every mark on Saturday.

Took my 2 you boys to the game for the first time (6 and 7 yo) on a bitterly cold day in true winter conditions and they loved it. The game was one where we take the points and run, never to reflect back on that. Just hope that the kicking for goal can be addressed. So many kicks, 30m out, slight angle and extremely poor conversion - Cotch, Vickery, Lambert, Miles just ones that I can recall. 4 or 5 more goals and your talking about a comfortable 40 point win. Bad kicking (for goal) is just poor football. Carlton and StKilda as very much loseable games if we dont convert our chances in front of goal.

stripes17 said:
That's why every game is vital. There are no easy ones this year.
There are easy games if you strike a club at the right time. Eg Essendon are in meltdown now but were in decent form in the early rounds and even beat Hawthorn. St Kilda are playing decent footy now but were ordinary early. Carlton are more competitive now post Mick Malthouse but were putrid with him.

A lot of it is in the timing.

tigertim said:
There are easy games if you strike a club at the right time. Eg Essendon are in meltdown now but were in decent form in the early rounds and even beat Hawthorn. St Kilda are playing decent footy now but were ordinary early. Carlton are more competitive now post Mick Malthouse but were putrid with him.

Suns now starting to get their good players back

French Tiger said:
Suns now starting to get their good players back

Yep, you watch them be more competitive and snare a few wins.

On the other side we are watching the slide of GWS too.

tigertim said:

That is exactly right. No team can stay “up” for very long. The better teams like Hawthorn and Freo manage to keep winning despite this. Freo, for example, started the season better than every other team but have been in a mini-slump for weeks now. Nonetheless, they have managed to escape with only one loss during that time, a fair indication that they are quality.

Apart from Hawthorn, Freo, Sydney and maybe, maybe WC, every other team is on more or less the same level this season and any of these teams can beat another on their day. Confidence, or lack thereof, and injuries are huge factors in determining who wins. Timing is also becoming a major factor, especially in this era of “injury management.” This year the Essendon saga, the “Malthouse meltdown” and the “Gold Coast revelations” have exacerbated the impact of timing.

We will find out how good the Tigers are over the next few weeks. They will have to find a way to beat both Carlton and St Kilda. This will then be followed by games against Freo and Hawthorn, both of whom will be pretty eager to put an upstart back in their box.