Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs GWS

Brettstigers said:
Don't know about anybody else but I was glad the kids were outside. Felt like I was Father Jack for the majority of the game.h

That would be an ecumenical matter.

Not sure about Dimmas pushing. Did Newman get a push? He needed to wake up. Not sure Hunt got one either. Morris wouldn't have got one. The players needed to get into gear no doubt.

We supporters wants to shake a few players, sure. But we can want that, knowing we'll never have the chance thank Christ!

But I reckon that move weakens Dimma actually.

Either that, or we have to get used to see him pushing everyone who drops their game. Fine line between being firm and just well... A *smile*.

Need to cut him some slack considering whats gone on this week.

I know its upset me and many others that never new Phil. Let alone those who knew him.

ninjahaha said:
Need to cut him some slack considering whats gone on this week.

I know its upset me and many others that never new Phil. Let alone those who knew him.

Yeah. I'd accept this. And I think Dimmas great .

Hopefully a one off / rarity.

caspar said:
Not sure about Dimmas pushing. Did Newman get a push? He needed to wake up. Not sure Hunt got one either. Morris wouldn't have got one. The players needed to get into gear no doubt.

We supporters wants to shake a few players, sure. But we can want that, knowing we'll never have the chance thank Christ!

But I reckon that move weakens Dimma actually.

Either that, or we have to get used to see him pushing everyone who drops their game. Fine line between being firm and just well... A *smile*.
You have no idea what he was saying. I bet he wasn't pushing individuals to have a go at them. To me, he was pushing the blokes at the front to make a point to the team.

Not the best game of footy I have watched as it took over three quarters for the Tigers to come alive and despite woeful kicking we got the points and that is what really matters right now

DirtyDogTiger said:
Spitting is never accidental.
His best bet, if he gets a 'please explain' is to say he had some phlegm and was spitting on the ground
There is no way he'll get weeks considering how soft the tribunal is and the assessment is based on the physical damage done

spook said:
You have no idea what he was saying. I bet he wasn't pushing individuals to have a go at them. To me, he was pushing the blokes at the front to make a point to the team.

Exactly. Thought that was pretty obvious the way he went from his left to the centre and then his right. I loved it. H e shouldn't have had to do it but he did have to do it. And it worked.

jb03 said:
There is no way he'll get weeks considering how soft the tribunal is and the assessment is based on the physical damage done

Pay for the dry cleaning bill?

Greene should at least answer some questions from the MRP, because it's a shocking look for the game. Hopefully gets a fine and a warning. According to Cameron, he and Miles are actually quite good friends off the field. Sheds' goal from the centre clearance in the last quarter was Ablettesque.

There's a showreel video under media for this game in the official sites here thry show the 3/4 break dimma spray, the 5 last q goals, and the defensive efforts

Fine stuff!! I Just keep watching it.

TASSIETIGER2 said:
We normally lose those games so that is a positive

spot on Tassie.

Robert Shaw said this on SEN this morning - this victory is more important than the Freo game or the Swans game. This is our best win. Everything was against us this game, it had that "this is not our day" feel.

But we dug deep and won it.

Well done Dimma and the boys. Same again against Cartoon next week.

I can't believe some of the tripe I've read hear that Dimma shouldn't have fired up and pushed a few players.

My god, it fired us up. It obviously meant a lot to him this week, a lot to Chocco and Lade too. Sure you don't want it every week, but when a good old spray is needed, you make it count. I have no problem with what he did. He adressed them like grown men and it worked.

Tiger Tuff. said:
I can't believe some of the tripe I've read hear that Dimma shouldn't have fired up and pushed a few players.

Personally I'd like to see more of it. We played like cream puffs for 3/4ers. Thank christ we came out in the last and played the footy we should be playing every quarter of every match. Seems to be a bit of laziness creeping in. 1st half against the Swans was the same, lack of intensity. The positive is we are now god enough to win on a bad day, even against quality opposition. To take us to the next level, top 4, we need intensity more consistently. Hopefully this will improve in the back half of the season leading into finals.

antman said:
spot on Tassie.

Robert Shaw said this on SEN this morning - this victory is more important than the Freo game or the Swans game. This is our best win. Everything was against us this game, it had that "this is not our day" feel.

But we dug deep and won it.

Well done Dimma and the boys. Same again against Cartoon next week.

Agree ant. The only thing I didn't like about Shaw's comments was he thought GWS got the raw end if the stick with the umps a couple of times. Yes, Miles was lucky in the last minute to get so much time but the umps cost us at least 3 goals so no way could you say on balance the GWS were stiff with the umps. In that instance yes, but overall no.

Some are underrating this win, these were the sort of games we lost in 2012 - think West Coast, Geelong, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Nth Melb. All games I reckon we should have won. We've matured as a group.

If only Beavis had fired up like that at the boys in the Hafey game last year.

AMPS said:
Agree ant. The only thing I didn't like about Shaw's comments was he thought GWS got the raw end if the stick with the umps a couple of times. Yes, Miles was lucky in the last minute to get so much time but the umps cost us at least 3 goals so no way could you say on balance the GWS were stiff with the umps. In that instance yes, but overall no.

Some are underrating this win, these were the sort of games we lost in 2012 - think West Coast, Geelong, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Nth Melb. All games I reckon we should have won. We've matured as a group.

The one that really pissed me off was the goal kicked from the boundary line in the third... forget the player. Ump puts him on the line, right against the fence. Then he effectively plays on, runs off the line when OUT OF BOUNDS. Surely that's a throw in? I don't know the exact rule here but playing on when out of bounds seems wrong to me.

Good kick though.