Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs GWS

Home from game after many beers :)
Played 1 good quarter in the last and still won . Go Tiges .

Ian4 said:
Shocked by the Cotchin love. Was diabolical for 3 and a half quarters

Couldn't agree more. I was stunned to get into the car and hear the commentators praising his game. His kicking skills are diabolical at times. He just has a habit of doing a couple of flashy things that makes people forget all the passes to a teammate under pressure and the shanked kicks to opposition players

A win is a win
Just shows how bad kicking (into the 50, and at goal) wastes so much effort
The defensive team were terrific, Jack was enormous, made easy shots for blokes that just p!ssed it away
Rest were evenly average to good, except when shovelling it forward, we produced horse manure
The last quarter was better 5g 6b vs 5g 12b in the first three quarters, we were really just playing ourselves if we could get rolling
Dimma said he just talked to the boys at 3q time, what must a real spray look like.
But a win is a win and let's bank 4 points, the teams around us are struggling to get their pennies together this week
I also think the lack of atmosphere due to no banners or songs really drained away the pre game build up for the players. They played for the four points after a very unusual buildup to the game.

feisty tige said:
Cameron should be cited for kicking Grimes!

Greene should be fined for spitting, not a great look for the game, what a pig.

Greene is more used to attacking security guards, he is one effed up kids

evo said:
yeah, dunno about that.

Kinda worries me how easily our midfield was beaten despite having the dominant ruckman.
GWS have one of the strongest and deepest mid fields in the comp.

evo said:
yeah, dunno about that.

Kinda worries me how easily our midfield was beaten despite having the dominant ruckman.

GWS have a top 5 midfield. Ward, Shiel, Treloar, Scully, Whitfield, Coniglio, Greene, Griffen, Smith etc.

St Kevin said:
GWS have a top 5 midfield. Ward, Shiel, Treloar, Scully, Whitfield, Coniglio, Greene, Griffen, Smith etc.

yeah they've got some good players for sure, Their forwards as well.

They had also won as many games as us b4 today. They came to hunt us and they played well.

Think people underestimate what it takes to win a game of footy. Its the elite level and the comp is as even as it has ever been.

The boss keeps telling us but we won't listen will we.
5% off your game and you'll get pantsed, this isn't the old VFL tin pot comp.
Read Tom Hafeys book even the great RFC sides lost sides against the minnows and this isn't even a great RFC Side.

wayne said:
We're north melbourne...
Haaargh! You should have waited until Norf had played Wayno. Missed it by thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much.

22nd Man said:
And while it was a one off, the absence of pre match "hype" and half time " entertainment " was refreshing. Who missed it?

Not me. I reckon banners are becoming useless anyway.

22nd Man said:
And while it was a one off, the absence of pre match "hype" and half time " entertainment " was refreshing. Who missed it?

I didn't notice it was missing, so therefore I couldn't have missed it

Big Country said:
Hmmm I hope not. From where I sat the guy he whacked came from behind Ivan"s line of vision. Just looked like bad timing. I may have been only looking through one eye though.

I thought so too - it was careless rather than deliberate. However since Buddy got one week for taking his eyes off the ball and taking Shed in the head with his shoulder, Ivan keeping his eye on the ball and accidently wacking the guy with his elbow will mean he gets three weeks.

22nd Man said:

Good call.

TigerForce said:
It's something he really doesn't need to do to mature age players.

If the players need a bake they get a bake doesn't matter if your 18 or 34!

HR said:
Collingwood have arrived because they lost to freo and hawthorn. Richmond still yet to prove ourselves. Public opinion hasn't changed a bit yet. I like it.

need to start beating the easier teams to be taken seriously