Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs GWS

BT Tiger said:
As usual there are some pretty embarrassing comments from posters for the first 3 1/2 quarters of this game. Have some faith people! I know its hard to get used to but the tigers have arrived and now believe. Maybe you should too!

Don't know about anybody else but I was glad the kids were outside. Felt like I was Father Jack for the majority of the game.

Brettstigers said:
Don't know about anybody else but I was glad the kids were outside. Felt like I was Father Jack for the majority of the game.
My wife took my son back tot eh accommodation. Was probably a good thing him not seeing me that stressed today.

HR said:
Cotchin Martin and Batchelor got the votes from me.

Martin was like Jeckyl and Hyde. 10 tackles but gee he had some shocking disposals, 10 clangers - would have to be close to a record for 1 game.

tigerlove said:
Martin was like Jeckyl and Hyde. 10 tackles but gee he had some shocking disposals, 10 clangers - would have to be close to a record for 1 game.

Exactly right. Stick in the Dusty thread for some to understand.

geeze, that was a relief.

Got away with murder in the end.

Razorgang2 said:
No love for Rancey?
You got me. I really wanted batch to get one today. 2 goals to Cameron 2 touches to Mccarthy. Touch and go.

Only good thing to come out of the game was the 4 points
Rest was socking we bring this *smile* out next week against the visy blues
They'll beet us.

For years I slammed Rance and Edwards as being unworthy to wear the jumper, and not up to AFL standard. I hereby apologise to them both.

we stood up in the last Q when it mattered.
we have a problem kicking for goal at the G. what is that?

I had bad feelings about this game all week, purely because the hype was all for us and this is the sort of game we stuff up. Both sides missed easy shots - I think they are still struggling to know when to go quick and when to control the game. During the second qtr we were too keen to go back when we should have pressed forward.

Dodged a bullet there. Hard fought win. Were we too over confident?
Shoddy skills, very poor kicking for goal, especially by our supposedly elite players. Conditions a bit ordinary, but a lot of those misses were gettable.
Take the 4 points, learn from mistakes. The hard work was there but the skill execution nearly killed us.

tassiedave said:
For years I slammed Rance and Edwards as being unworthy to wear the jumper, and not up to AFL standard. I hereby apologise to them both.

Just keep it in mind next time you want to slam another player.

Just got home from game to catch the news saying Richmond to have MRP issues with Cotch and Ivan Didn't think there was much in either of them watching the game. What'd they look like on tv? Any worries?

Big Country said:
Just got home from game to catch the news saying Richmond to have MRP issues with Cotch and Ivan Didn't think there was much in either of them watching the game. What'd they look like on tv? Any worries?

Ivan's might be more to worry about. Chimp will probably get let off or fined.

Tough conditions.

GWS deserve some credit, played well and have some serious talent. They also have some seasoned talent as well. They have won a load of games and against some good sides. Weather robbed us of some of our advantage.

We didnt play our best footy, its still coming, we have shown it in patch's. Worst umpiring I have seen for a while. So inconsistent.

We are starting to will wins. Very important ingredient to consistency.

4 points

Go Tiges!