Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Crows

Dimma seemed to be writing it off as a loss we were due to have and we will bounce back next week. If we are ever going to win a premiership we can't accept those type of efforts. We can't accept being uncompetitive in crunch games any longer. Full credit for last weeks efforts but we need consistency. We must be ruthless week in week out.

We need more forward class still. Hopefully get a Motlop type.

Ridley said:
According to Fox Footy before the game Crows ranked 3rd in contested possession and we were 4th.

If Dimma didn't know that the game would be played like that then God help us.

He said it would be a different type of game to the past couple and we needed to slow the Crows' ball movement down. Didn't notice much difference in our style. Maybe he was feeding the chooks but highly doubt he was expecting to get smashed at the clearances.

Very slow, disinterested, flat etc....
Don't forget, we have played 4 games in 19 days...2 of which were against the best in the comp...
Add this to , what I suspect, the flu going thru the club, then it was always gonna be hard tonight...

We have an 8 day break now, Lids and Sheds will be back......and the Tigers will come out hard against the GC at home...

I reckon the flu went through the side. Jack and Rance not themselves, most of the side weren't setting up, wandering around like browns cows. Most of the side flat as pancakes. Can't win 'em all.

tigersnake said:
Can't win 'em all.

Don't we know it; we're Richmond supporters.

But 33 shots to 12?? That's Mark Neeld Melbourne uncompetitive.

Hopefully there is something in the flu theory. That was too bad to be true.

tigersnake said:
I reckon the flu went through the side. Jack and Rance not themselves, most of the side weren't setting up, wandering around like browns cows. Most of the side flat as pancakes. Can't win 'em all.

and the good thing is Dimma makes no excuses - beaten by a better team on the night - move on - focus on next week.

lucky we have a 9 day break

tigersnake said:

I hope so cos that would at least partly excuse the performance tonight.

If they were all fit and health then heaven help us.

I'll be gobsmacked if it's anything like the flu. There is an immunisation jab for that. And given the body on body contact of AFL there is every chance that influenza could easily pass between players and through an entire team, and between teams so I doubt that the players would not have been immunised.

Unless they are all anti-vaxers.

Smoking Aces said:
I'm sorry but that flu theory is laughable.

agree - never play that card - we were just flat as a tack (5% off our game) and according to the Crows coach, they played their best 4 qtr game of the year.

What we learnt tonight:

1) We played like we had a premiership hangover from last week.

2) No lids no richmond

3) We miss Edwards

4) We should never play 2 rucks again this year

5) Forget top 4 talk ... finals still aren't a certainty

6) The game has gone past Newman

7) Lloyd is not the answer to our glaring small fwd issues. Throw the cheque book at Motlop

8) Houli needs to stop kicking in. Not one hit a clean target

9) When our defensive game falls over it highlights our poor offence.

10) most tiger fans probably expected this

11) unless our A graders stand up our depth is exposed

12) play our best fwd in the fwd line. That experiment worked as well as when they tried to play Rance in the middle.

13) we are slow. If the defensive zone falls down our speed is exposed

14) Easy to blame Taylor Hunt's disposal ... but at least he got near the footy.

15) Thankfully that happened now and not potentially in 5 weeks time.

16) It's easy to pick out the negatives and this post is about tonight's game. Let's remember we've been up for a long time and shown we're capable of playing some quality footy. Go Tigers

Big 4 weeks coming up. Hopefully this is the last time this season we see a performance like this.

year of the tiger said:
agree - never play that card - we were just flat as a tack (5% off our game) and according to the Crows coach, they played their best 4 qtr game of the year.

You never hear it any more from the clubs, only a vague "the talk is that Team X may have been suffering from the flu last week..."