Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Crows

tigerlove said:
I have no doubt it affected the team. It just wasn't a very Richmond like performance. I don't think we've been flogged like that in contested ball and clearances for a long, long time. And we had basically the same cattle in the midfield as the previous week. 151 contested to 119, 49 clearances to 28. Adelaide are good in those stats anyway (1st and 2nd in the league) but that was a thrashing.

That's it. And it's critical to our current "beat em up and then win the inside ball and then if we don't win it then tackle the crap out of em" game plan.

Flu aside, Adelaide showed us up for what we lack - big, bull mids - Martin aside.

Danger on our team, different story.

WesternTiger said:
Reported today on SEN that the flu had gone right through the club for what it is worth.

Explains a lot.
Certainly looked flat footed and slow for the game

this game was horrible - so many players down

i will cut them some slack for a one off bad game, hopefully flu related

will be interesting to see how we go for the rest of the year

se7en said:
Explains a lot.
Certainly looked flat footed and slow for the game

A combination of flu and the physical effects of the previous 2 games are enough to explain last night. The boys will hit back hard.

Flu facts:

- It can take up to 3 days from the time you catch it to the time you notice symptoms.

- You still 'feel' sick for those 3 days prior to getting the symptoms. ("I think I'm getting sick")

- You stop being contagious about 2 days after you notice symptoms, even if symptoms persist for another 3-4 days.

- 50% of the time when you catch a virus, you don't actually get any coughing/sneezing symptoms at all, but you do get lethargy/lack of motivation. In other words you don't look sick, but you feel sick.

It's possible half the team were suffering from lethargy without even knowing they had a virus at the time. Some might 'get worse' today and tomorrow, and if they do, then it means they were suffering from sickness symptoms on Friday even though they didn't look sick.

Just some interesting facts about the immune system.

Tigers of Old said:
Do you always answer a question with a question?

Pretty rarely, I hate it when people do that because it allows people to weasel out of providing a genuine argument by asking the wrong questions.

If the Q was a joke, it didn't hit the spot for me :hihi

As someone who has to get flu shots because of my cancer, there are usually 4 main strains.
The other 250 the docs can't contain.
This coming from the our ex club doctor who looks after me.

tigers80 said:
As someone who has to get flu shots because of my cancer, there are usually 4 main strains.
The other 250 the docs can't contain.
This coming from the our ex club doctor who looks after me.

Each year the WHO make an educated guess as to the three major strains of flu that will be prevalent that year. Viruses mutate, and which strains become prevalent in certain areas can vary. Hence the flu shot is not a guarantee.

Mind you I've had it the last five years through various employers and have not got the flu once in that time...

I've never had a flu shot and I've never had the flu.

Has there been any confirmation from the club that our players actually had the flu?

It would be highly unlikely that a club would come out publicly with that information as it would be almost saying we had an excuse for the loss. I've never heard a club do this.

I've heard it before Maleny. I've been away and haven't read all the posts and was just wondering if talk of the flu was official or speculation.