Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Crows

Jacobs and their midfield killed us tonight.

We had a shocker but we were still in the game at 3/4 time.

Time to recover & regroup with a 9 day break. Hopefully we can win the next 3.

Stats wise, this is the worst loss of the season. Lids and Edwards will make a difference but too many of our better players were awful tonight.

Forward structure has been an issue for a while and today the lack of the ability to score came home to roost. Being smashed in contested ball was the obvious starting point - we never seem to have a plan B.

Worst performance of the year. Hard to find one player who stood up. We looked flat all night. The season starts NOW!

33 scoring shots to 12. In those terms that as uncompetitive a loss as you'd see anywhere. That is shocking.

I can not believe as far as we have supposedly come that we can still be so uncompetitive in a game of football; especially against a team lower than us on the ladder.

How far have we really come? Serious questions to be asked after that effort.

Mental toughness still a MASSIVE issue at RFC. Yet another failure to deal with expectation.

Will it ever change :-[

ryan said:
Tippett killed Jacobs last week because he ran him around

we play Hampson who is too slow

And Maric.

It was like watching two mummies in a B grade horror movie running around.

They looked very tired tonight, you could see they struggled to get any run going, it might be a good time to rest a few players. Adelaide were very good and should have beaten us by more, but we were off tonight. Im not that fussed, we have come off playing number 1 and 3 ranked teams and put in top performances and its caught up with us.

tigertough said:
Worst performance of the year. Hard to find one player who stood up. We looked flat all night. The season starts NOW!

Thought Dusty, Vlastuin and maybe Lennon were the only ones that got anywhere near their usual output. Miles tried hard but was left alone to the wolves for too long in the contest.

It makes you wonder idf the flu had gone through the whole group during the week and Lids was just the last one to get over it...

MalenyTiger said:
It makes you wonder idf the flu had gone through the whole group during the week and Lids was just the last one to get over it...
That's what I thought. Listless.

MalenyTiger said:

With Rance playing as bad as that, it's possible.

Did Dimma come with the wrong plan? Typecast the Crows as a fast "outside" team, but the game was won at the stoppages. Wonder whether they seized on Hardwick's rather expansive comments yesterday. I certainly haven't seen this Crows side play that way before and sustain it.

MalenyTiger said:
[/quote

Oh come melany if we are gonna blame the flu......seriously it's mental with this team and until we get over it we won't contend....again apologies to all pre enders buts that's fact .]