Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Crows

tiger_25 said:
What we learnt tonight:

1) We played like we had a premiership hangover from last week.

2) No lids no richmond

3) We miss Edwards

4) We should never play 2 rucks again this year

5) Forget top 4 talk ... finals still aren't a certainty

6) The game has gone past Newman

7) Lloyd is not the answer to our glaring small fwd issues. Throw the cheque book at Motlop

8) Houli needs to stop kicking in. Not one hit a clean target

9) When our defensive game falls over it highlights our poor offence.

10) most tiger fans probably expected this

11) unless our A graders stand up our depth is exposed

12) play our best fwd in the fwd line. That experiment worked as well as when they tried to play Rance in the middle.

13) we are slow. If the defensive zone falls down our speed is exposed

14) Easy to blame Taylor Hunt's disposal ... but at least he got near the footy.

15) Thankfully that happened now and not potentially in 5 weeks time.

16) It's easy to pick out the negatives and this post is about tonight's game. Let's remember we've been up for a long time and shown we're capable of playing some quality footy. Go Tigers

Big 4 weeks coming up. Hopefully this is the last time this season we see a performance like this.
[/quo

Why the f k can't I happen next. Week or in the fkn mythical 5 week time frame you Lludey t?

Sintiger said:
The lesson is never ever play Maric and Hampson in the same team. I have just about always defended Dimma but i can't defend that.

Few people have said this tonight, but fact is we nearly beat freo by double teaming Sandilands with Maric and Hampson... in fact Hampson going off swung that game. Hardwick's reasoning was ok, it was the execution by Hampson that let us down.

Only just watched the game. They beat us at the contest for intensity and composure all night. Rattled us early and we fumbled and rushed our possession for the rest of the night. They did to us what we did to Hawthorn, except if they'd kicked straight holy *smile* it would have been a monster spiflication! Dimma is lucky, that could have been a front page demolition.

Reiwoldt looked very underdone. No run and no intesity at all. Vickery was the better forward and that is really saying something. Hammer I can't see the point of. I don't know if McJeebus would have made a difference, but I'd like to have been given the chance to find out.

Tigers of Old said:
This is why there are still questions on Hardwick. How does this happen?
Maybe questions on Clarko from last week too .137 point win to ordinary loss .

69 vintage said:
Maybe questions on Clarko from last week too .137 point win to ordinary loss .

One has plenty of runs on the board. The other has achieved squat

Crows brought intensity and determination last night after being given a massive grill due to the lack of it over the past few weeks. Blew their average tackle count for the past month out of the water. They were their to play after ha pathetic showing against the swans.

We looked like we did in the final last year. We were rooted. Happens sometime coming of a massive win. Just have to turn it around next week and I have no doubt we will.

It was Melbourne, Bulldogs, Cats all over again. Just never looked like it. They had room everywhere, we had none.

Fighting Fury said:
Few people have said this tonight, but fact is we nearly beat freo by double teaming Sandilands with Maric and Hampson... in fact Hampson going off swung that game. Hardwick's reasoning was ok, it was the execution by Hampson that let us down.

Yep the reasoning was ok but the problem is Hampson is just a fringe player and has never been consistent so is more likely to pull out a game like last night than Freo game. We actually squared hitouts but the hitout to advantage is where we got killed. But to square the hitouts we needed two players to their one which robbed us of another small. But no matter what team we brought out last night we were going to get smashed, we weren't on our game and they were. There was something amiss. Flu symptoms is a possibility, it was not Richmond like. We move on and look to next week. We must as a finals place is on the line.

Tigers of Old said:

There are questions because we are Richmond, and Richmond fans will doubt the coach - well forever.

Good teams lose games. We are still developing. Let's not have a mass panic attack.

Oh too late, we have.

toby64 said:
One has plenty of runs on the board. The other has achieved squat

Geez Tobes, you seem happier when we lose than when we win. Confirms all your negative thoughts about the Richmond FC.

Thought we looked flat and tired. Could be a reaction to last week's intense win. Will need to do better on Saturday week or the finals could yet be a pipe dream.

Re: Game Day

Crows seemed to use the "uncomfortable" comments after the Hawthorn win as motivation. No way were we going to waltz into Adelaide and push them around. After the siren, Walker hesitated just long enough when describing Richmond as "a great team" to give away his disdain.

Dimma may be coming up against the remnants of 30-odd years of spotty culture.

JimJessTorp said:
I'll be gobsmacked if it's anything like the flu. There is an immunisation jab for that. And given the body on body contact of AFL there is every chance that influenza could easily pass between players and through an entire team, and between teams so I doubt that the players would not have been immunised.

Unless they are all anti-vaxers.
Being immunised against influenza won't always stop you getting the flu or another virus like the common cold which people often call the 'flu'. Lids could have had a virus with chest congestion, headaches, muscle aches, etc. but not necessarily the flu.

graystar1 said:
Thought we looked flat and tired. Could be a reaction to last week's intense win. Will need to do better on Saturday week or the finals could yet be a pipe dream.
Yes they looked tired, spent. I saw the punishment Miles was getting last week and thought he would be lucky to get up this week too and I was right. I suspect there were quite a few like that, mostly midfielders. We didn't get first use of the ball all night and that was where it was lost. Focus this week on recovery and move on. In a way I'm glad we lost one before the finals. This could be a blessing in disguise. Won't make top four and probably won't have to travel two weeks in a row to the west.

Tigers of Old said:
Amazing the lack of tolerance with Hardwick even after last week's performance. Even if there were genuine reasons I don't think Dimma would use them as excuses bc he has some class. They will keep it within the club and we should have more faith in what they are doing. On paper we still have a way to go, some players are not quick enough or skilled enough and Betts loves playing against our slow backline (except for Rance). Good thing Morris was not brought in on Betts or he would have kicked more.

Rance had an absolute shocker. Looked dazed out there. Didn't read the ball at all. Very un-Rancelike

There was hesitation and second guessing going on all over the ground at the contest in the first half. I recon we just hit breaking point with sore and missing players and the team knew it.