Eddie McGuire | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Eddie McGuire

NEWS FLASH NEWS FLASH NEWS FLASH Collingwood Eddie and scumwood have just found out they are (NOT) the AFL . Poor poor Eddie . No wonder " his " pubs have gone broke he sacked the cheersquad . :hihi :hihi

BBC said:
The ace up our sleeve would be a new medical report (since the ND) that outlines that any gametime for Polak in 09 is highly unlikely. This would get us over the line.

McGuire can pull Cousins into this all he likes, but it's none of his business who we take with our 2nd PSD pick if the AFL commission thinks our argument on Polak is watertight.

Have we done our homework??

I would assume that any submission of this kind would include detailed letters from his neurosurgeon, club doctor, coaches, fitness staff all attesting to the fact that despite giving Polly 2 months of training it is obvious from medical tests and observation that he is nowhere near being capable of playing top level AFL footy in 2009. Those tests would all be listed with results outlined and explained.

Fat Head Ed is yesterdays man trying to remain relevent.

supercoach tw said:
What is this guy's problem?
Collingwood decided that it did not want Cousins and now it appears they don't want anyone else to have him either.

Eddie seems to have a problem with Richmond. Presently it is Cousins, last week he attacked the journalist for highlighting that Collingwood is ripping off its cheer squad members (he mentioned that she was a member of Richmond C.S and they were the rip offs.)
Before that it was over gate sharing and meant the Richmond v Collingwood season opener was lost.

Eddie should focus on getting his clubs investments and player behaviour right rather than trying to sabotage other clubs.

I for one won't be listening to his Collingwood rubbish on his proposed new SEN show.

Two problems i see. EMcG didnt think of doing this first. EMcG had nobody on the playing list to do this with. They didnt want to waste a pick on Cousins, but now that RFC look like getting a freebie, its the old Collingwood "dog-in-the-manger" attitude. If i cant have it, nobody else can!

Lets face it the club should have done something about this long ago.
A blind fool could see Polak was never going to play again.

rosy23 said:
I agree about Eddie generally, I just not sure what he's done wrong in this instance.

Have you seen his interview Rosy? Maybe then you'll understand. Was typical Eddie sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong.

GoodOne said:
Have you seen his interview Rosy? Maybe then you'll understand. Was typical Eddie sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong.
as one who doesnt want run ben run ,stories of eddie and that festering pile of pooh he calls a footy club sticking their noses where its not wanted makes me want us to take benny and get the psd pick just to rub his nose in it,

.........................Yesterday's man.........Edward appears to have developed the reverse midas touch...............but, I'm sympathetic in some ways. I find him a really likeable bloke......were it not for the fact that he is a part of Collingwood.

McGuire, and Collingwood, can get *smile*. Maybe we are trying to exploit a loophole, maybe not. Maybe we'll pick Cousins with no. 6 anyway, if he's available, if Polak is not allowed to be placed on the rookie list.

Whatever the case, I'm just pleased that the RFC are finally getting some balls and adopting a "*smile* you" attitude to the rest of the competition. We've been pushovers for longer than I care to remember.

IanG said:
It probably looks to him like we're trying to 'game' the system, and to be quite honest I think we are. As a Tiger supporter I'm obviously not against that, although I remain opposed to Cousins coming to us, but I can understand other clubs being against us trying to gain an advantage.

hey, at least we don't tank

doherz said:
Two problems i see. EMcG didnt think of doing this first. EMcG had nobody on the playing list to do this with. They didnt want to waste a pick on Cousins, but now that RFC look like getting a freebie, its the old Collingwood "dog-in-the-manger" attitude. If i cant have it, nobody else can!
on this note , I think you'll find the majority of his list have the brains of sea monkeys,[ the rock apes didak and shaw spring readily to mind,] eddies just pissed their brains are pre- existing conditions, and he cant run

the 'Acquired' line and therefore tap an abundant natural resource advantage.

eddie deflecting away from the stench over pub losses....mmm lets hope he doesnt like the rugged pulled from under him....

Many on here don't rate Crackers Keenan's scoops but he did have Matty Knights to Essendon and Cousins to us in the PSD before a lot of other pundits did.

Did not see any mention of this earlier in the thread and I skipped a few pages so apologies if it's already been raised but ...

This afternoon on ABC Regional Radio he said Eddy might get knocked off his perch at the Scumwood AGM next week.

IanG said:
Well I'm going against the grain, he's not saying he's definitely against it just that he needs more info and time. I reckon he actually makes some good points, especially about the timing. Why did we not do this before the ND? It probably looks to him like we're trying to 'game' the system, and to be quite honest I think we are. As a Tiger supporter I'm obviously not against that, although I remain opposed to Cousins coming to us, but I can understand other clubs being against us trying to gain an advantage. We've already committed to Polak staying on the list next year so its not as though we're going to dump him.

And another thing why can't we take Cousins with the 1 PSD pick we already have?

You raise some very good points. Unless there has been some very recent deterioation in Polaks condition this should have been broached well before the whole draft period, certainly not half way through it. Clearly it would appear that Richmond has had a change of heart about Cousins but is scheming to get him but still keep their first PSD pick. At any rate the two issues should be kept completely apart and should have no bearing on each other. Richmond will need to justify why Polak should be a mature rookie and not simply placed on the longterm injury list and a present rookie elevated in his place. Nor should the AFL allow itself to feel blackmailed by giving Richmond what it wants simply because unless we get the extra pick we won't take Cousins. If we want Cousins (although I certainly do not) we already have a pick to do it. Mondays decision is only of significance because of the conditions we have placed upon ourselves and the whole football community knows that. Personally having said that, I would love to get the extra pick and get a promising junior instead, although I know that isn't going to happen. Still we run the danger of outsmarting ourselves with our very late timing. McChins is just pointing that out - and as a AFL club president like it or lump it, that's something that he is entitled to do.

McGuire is a dog. A low scumbag.
This is the same bloke that choked back tears because two bogans( one a complete mouth breather) lied to him? But stone cold on sober blokes that get hit by trams.
Before today i had no interest in the idiot. Now i hate his guts.

I think congratulations are in order for the good people of Albert Park and Diamond Creek. I too would find another drinking hole if Collingwood took over my local.

Hello Newman said:
I think congratulations are in order for the good people of Albert Park and Diamond Creek. I too would find another drinking hole if Collingwood took over my local.
Well said Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Newman said:
Hahahaha top post :hihi

Tygrys said:
Nor should the AFL allow itself to feel blackmailed by giving Richmond what it wants simply because unless we get the extra pick we won't take Cousins.

The only ones who seem to blackmail are the AFL themselves. Why would they feel blackmailed by Richmond? Many people have the view that the AFl don't want Cousins to play again in the AFL.

Reports are saying that unfortunately Polak has been feeling the pressure alot more lately and his recovery line has not continued as has been hoped. The belief is that he has next to no chance of playing AFL next year with his current condition. If that's the case, everyone (except Eddie it seems) agrees that this is a special case and that Polak deserves every opportunity to get back (just as Ramanaskus did) and why should the Tigers be penalised for that? Im still not convinced that the Tigers are definitely going to recruit Cousins.

Simply Eddie has passed his use by date.........he can't handle it now when he's no longer the centre of attention.

Sorry Eddie you should go rent a room with Trevor Marmelade.