Eddie McGuire | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Eddie McGuire

(a) the club lost $8 million , so he needs to deflect the attention elsewhere
b) thye tried to lure Judd last year , that failed
(c) they tried to get the fornt running on cousins this year, that backfired when the news got out that the club went to the police commisoner
(d) made a play for Kerr, that didnt come off
(e) shaw,didak , club went poorly in finals

enough said collingwood coped a lot of heat this year and now with the $8million loss, they are going to cop it again .
how great is this Richmond in the papers for trying to do the right thing by 2 players (polak) and giving cousins a second chance
collingwood for loosing $8million
eddie can see it now
round 1 2009 rich v carlton
thursday night under lights
crowd 85000+
cuz v judd
kruzer v vickery
cotch v gibbs/murphy
lids v stevens
will be the highest rating afl game appart from the grandfinal
and collingwood wasnt involved :rofl

Classic case of opening the mouth before thinking wtg eddie no way you will win with sheedy in our corner thats the thing thats annoying you its eating you up inside ;D

Not sure about everyone else, but I don't see how discussing an unemployed bum is the slightest bit topic worthy.

The Tigers are doing the AFL and every other club a favor if they give Cuz a second chance.

Your club and 14 others didn't want him Eddie, move on, even the dullest of your supporters will eventually be able to work out your stance has no internal consistency

Eddie makes some very good points.
We,ve had 2 months to apply too have Polak put on the Rookie list.
It does effect the draft.
If clubs Knew that we had 2 choices in the PSD they had the chance to act accordingly.Delist an extra player or not use pick 65+ in the ND on a kid they were keen to Rookie.
The 7th pick does have huge ramifications.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
If clubs Knew that we had 2 choices in the PSD they had the chance to act accordingly.Delist an extra player or not use pick 65+ in the ND on a kid they were keen to Rookie.

Do you think the clubs really have that finely tuned a drafting strategy? Our second PSD pick will be the last player to go on a senior AFL list, anyone who hasn't gone already isn't that highly sought after.

The way it is at the moment no club is picking Cousins. If we use the 7th PSD to draft Cousins then there is no huge ramifications to the order of the draft or which kids go to which clubs.

It does if we are doing it and not selecting Cousins at PSD # 7

Dyer Disciple said:
Good analogy. That's how I view it also. I don't think Eddie has as much a issue with it as much as he fears if Cousins goes to another club, how bad it will reflect on collingwood if it's a success.

Excellent point.
Mr Ed is afraid that Cuz at Richmond will make his club look like geese.

Eddie will be complaining next year that Collingwood only play Richmond once in 2010 and it's not their home game..

B2

Huh? Whether we have one or two picks in the PSD makes bugger all difference to anything. Eddie's arguments made no sense at all.

Mr Magic said:
Not sure about everyone else, but I don't see how discussing an unemployed bum is the slightest bit topic worthy.

Good post. Eddie should be worrying about him and his club's hotel investments.

tiger1966 said:
(a) the club lost $8 million , so he needs to deflect the attention elsewhere
b) thye tried to lure Judd last year , that failed
(c) they tried to get the fornt running on cousins this year, that backfired when the news got out that the club went to the police commisoner
(d) made a play for Kerr, that didnt come off
(e) shaw,didak , club went poorly in finals

Don't forget that he got the kyber from his TV management role. A bungler.

Ah isn't it great to have such "high profile" media people whinging about the tigers and them playing the system.

Despite what your take on the Cousins issue is I just feel happy to know we are making one of the most arrogant morons in the caper jealous of how we are going about it.

Let's continue to make him look like the clown he is!

Trust this *smile* idiot to open his mouth, it's none of his business, he's best served worrying about his own shithole of a club.

A club full of drunk driving liars and look at his cheer squad...

$8 Million? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Suck it up you *smile* pack of *smile*. :clap

As a Richmond supporter I'm happy to get stuck into Eddie and Collingwood, in fact as a Richmond supporter I have a moral obligation to do so, it's a veritable right of passage, but I have nothing against him wanting to find out more details in regard to us being advantaged by the AFL in this instance. It's his job to do so.

I'm sure if the tables were turned and it was Collingwood looking to have the rules changed for their own benefit we'd all want Gary March to check things out closely rather than blindly agreeing and we'd be stuck right into Collingwood and Eddie about it. Correct?

Geez I'd like more info myself and I don't have to agree to anything.

vosstiger said:
Eddie = Hypocrite

Even more accurate.

For once I'd love for the AFL to tell Eddie to jam his opinion up his clacker.

rosy23 said:
As a Richmond supporter I'm happy to get stuck into Eddie and Collingwood, in fact as a Richmond supporter I have a moral obligation to do so, it's a veritable right of passage, but I have nothing against him wanting to find out more details in regard to us being advantaged by the AFL in this instance. It's his job to do so.

I'm sure if the tables were turned and it was Collingwood looking to have the rules changed for their own benefit we'd all want Gary March to check things out closely rather than blindly agreeing and we'd be stuck right into Collingwood and Eddie about it. Correct?

Geez I'd like more info myself and I don't have to agree to anything.

Stop making sense Rosy, these Cousins threads are all about hysteria and guessing!

B1

Just read what he had to say in the papers & was shocked - what a scumbag.

Good to see this thread up with lots of traction - reassuring.

I am more in favour of drafting Cousins because Eddie doesn't like it

I also like that we have committed to a young player as our priority before Cousins

Envious & scared of RFC achieving.

The more he carrys on the sweeter it will be if we draft him.