Draft 2017 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft 2017

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
What do you think of Miller, Bully?

And can someone please post their combine test results?

Miller is a superb athlete, pity he's not 200cm+ because he would have been an ideal ruck. I'm guessing we'll try and turn him into a key forward with occasional stints on the ball. Great project and could be one of those players who could fill a few voids if our talls go down. I think we really addressed our height deficiencies and now have adequate back-up. String beans just aren't worth it these days.

So with the exception of Coleman-Jones over Oscar Allen did you think we nailed all our other picks Bully?

Dev Tiger said:
So with the exception of Coleman-Jones over Oscar Allen did you think we nailed all our other picks Bully?

That's my question also Dev - out of Allen and Balta who was the best option as I am assuming CCJ would have been on the board at 25.

year of the tiger said:
That's my question also Dev - out of Allen and Balta who was the best option as I am assuming CCJ would have been on the board at 25.

I would not be surprised if we had some intel that CCJ was going to be take soon after 20.

IanG said:
I would not be surprised if we had some intel that CCJ was going to be take soon after 20.

Yeah I think that would be the case.

And Balta wouldn't have been on the menu if we had a bid on Naish before 25.

bullus_hit said:
Miller is a superb athlete, pity he's not 200cm+ because he would have been an ideal ruck. I'm guessing we'll try and turn him into a key forward with occasional stints on the ball. Great project and could be one of those players who could fill a few voids if our talls go down. I think we really addressed our height deficiencies and now have adequate back-up. String beans just aren't worth it these days.

Higgins is a great selection and 1 that i didnt believe was possible getting to our selection,Had him between 9-15
I dont have an issue with his height at all at 178cm is just 2-3 cm off players like Merrett,treloar etc and is 100% a midfielder not just a small foward
will play a similar role to Dion Prestia imo.

Love the Balta selection's of Balta and miller - Looking foward to post Riewoldt and thinking about pour foward structure with 2 talls of Moore/Miller/Balta all extremely mobile strong and athletic combined with the smalls already at hand it looks extremely dangerous and exciting

CCJ - I would have liked to get Allen at this selection personally
I didnt mind CCJ at #25 but clearly we must rate him higher with his contested marking and Ruckwork as well as leadership qualities fits our team mantra well. Also thinking about our Ruck dept I think a combination of CCJ & Nankervis could work very well and cause problems for the opposition teams bith are competitive and hard players that dont take a backward step

Very pleased with our Haul and think the team did a great job in both trade and draft period trading 15 for 20&25, I believe even at 15 we would have still taken Higgins and would have taken CCJ with 17 had we not traded - Noah Balta is the freebie

Naish is clearly 20-25 range and was silly to suggest a teens bid by Twomey and Buck and was a good range to get Naish at #34 which allowed us to select Miller with #64

Bring on the Rookie draft

se7en said:
Average draft from us. Nothing to get excited about.
Don't get me wrong, these guys will be handy in the VFL for a few years.
Track on this draft will go down as a massive blunder from us

thou art a debbie downer

higgo rumoured to have gone 1st to tenth if dogs and us hadnt changed the game since 2016 and we get him and naish and 3 other handy players

fantastic draft

so

we have drafted another south australian under 18 captain.
floss, graham, ccj were all state captains, any others i've missed?
great to see we've picked up guys with real character

Kid (CCJ) was probably a rabid Crows Fan too and hating the hell out of the Richmond Football Club for the past few weeks.

Now hes been drafted to the RFC ;D

Crows will probably try and pinch him back if hes any good in a couple of years to replace sauce Jacobs.

What ruck depth do the Crows have apart from Jacobs pinch hitting, (Keath is a Key Back, so is Himmelberg) and Tom Lynch is a Key Forward.

Is there another ruck option I'm not remembering maybe we can try and re build our former good trading relations with them and send them Hammer as a backup for them.

We've been a bit nasty to the ol Crowbaits recently considering that they did take Tambling, and Camel Graham off our hands and gave us Ivan in return and then had Chris Knights walk to us....... then we pantsed em on GF Day ;D

Great draft. All decent selections and fill needs.

Don't be upset about missing out on Allen or Hayes. Both are spuds and don't fit the Richmond mould anyway.

I would've liked Taylor as well but was gone by 63. Miller looks great and there's plenty to work with given he's tavelled heaps to just play games along with minimal training.

A.

On a side note, I am away camping atm but made a special effort to get to shop to buy paper. No Suns left so I bought the age, for $4 mind you, and zero on the draft, you have to go online to read about it. Ridiculous. Pleanty on who's rooting who in Hollywood though.

tigerlove said:
On a side note, I am away camping atm but made a special effort to get to shop to buy paper. No Suns left so I bought the age, for $4 mind you, and zero on the draft, you have to go online to read about it. Ridiculous. Pleanty on who's rooting who in Hollywood though.
Like all the sport that's on at night, you'll never get anything due to deadlines.
And then it's old news the next day.