Draft 2017 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft 2017

Tygrys said:
I look at that group and I think how many would have loved trading places with them. Jarrod Brander at 13 went to West Coast Eagles but had talked about how awesome it would be to go to Richmond. Adam Cerra who went at 5 for the Dockers is a massive Richmond fan and had previously spoken of his excitement of seeing Richmond win the flag. These guys are really lucky and really privileged, I know Higgins and Naish know it but I hope the others realise it as well.

We’ve got two seasons to bring back Brander & Cerra.

Anyone else notice Hunter Clark's image appear on the main screen multiple times instead of the selected player when they were announced? After all this time, the AFL just can't get their sh!te together.

just playing devils advocate (as I always do). If teams find a way to stop our manic pressure small forward game... do we have a plan B? Even Dimma claims that game plans evolve and can change over a couple of months during the season. what if it proves that having 2 or 3 tall forwards is the best way forward in 2018? can we adapt and change? Or have we put all of our eggs in the small forward basket?

bullus_hit said:
Very true, I had Meek & Coleman-Jones pretty neck & neck but they ended up 49 picks apart, but I have full confidence in Clarke. We absolutely nailed our Higgins & Balta picks so I'm pretty stoked. If the brains trust thinks we can turn him into a viable forward option then I'm all aboard.

How do you rate our Draft overall incl rookie picks etc?

Ian4 said:
just playing devils advocate (as I always do). If teams find a way to stop our manic pressure small forward game... do we have a plan B? Even Dimma claims that game plans evolve and can change over a couple of months during the season. what if it proves that having 2 or 3 tall forwards is the best way forward in 2018? can we adapt and change? Or have we put all of our eggs in the small forward basket?

The Coaches are working on the backup plan as we speak,Its called Noah' Arc

Thats the reason why we drafted Noah Balta

Ian4 said:

Just need to play the odds.

Incremental changes to curb our enthusiastic smalls can be adjusted for and refined by us too. We have flexibility in that area.

Another theory behind overloading on smalls , is the enemy of this manic pressure lies within , any drop off creates flaws that could be exploited . The antidote to apathy in the playing group is to intensify the comp for spots

BillyJean17 said:
Another theory behind overloading on smalls , is the enemy of this manic pressure lies within , any drop off creates flaws that could be exploited . The antidote to apathy in the playing group is to intensify the comp for spots

Or maybe we are now drinking our own bath water.

BillyJean17 said:
Maybe we don’t see them all as small forwards. Rioli is seen as a potential
Midfielder, Bolton as a winger, Butler has designs on midfield time, castagna came as a running back etc. Higgins midfield
Numbers in the juniors are awesome.

Midfielders who are natural forwards are gold, always have been

IanG said:
I would hope we remain in Brander's ear considering how much we were reportedly into him.
article in the Hun today with him claiming he’s a Weagles supporter since Wirrpanda played.
I think we focus on building our own champions, rather than worry about pinching one 2 years down the track.