Draft 2017 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft 2017

craig said:
At least you got somthing to wipe your arse with , and the Age would be perfect for the job.

Want to see some real quality journalism, go read Buckenara ‘s review of the draft. 16 clubs absolutely nailed the draft and got the possible steal of the draft. He then names 6 clubs as the big winners. That guy doesn’t pull splinters out of his ass, he pulls entire pickets.

Alot on non richmond posters on BF saying we absolutely smashed the draft.

craig said:
At least you got somthing to wipe your arse with , and the Age would be perfect for the job.

Oh Craig.
Anyone with experience knows that the Age is better than the Sun News PICTORIAL as a wipe.
Less ink on the page with all those photos and big headlines filling the page leading to serious colour transfer.
Still you've got to have someone or look in the mirror to see your big black arse.

The_General said:
Want to see some real quality journalism, go read Buckenara ‘s review of the draft. 16 clubs absolutely nailed the draft and got the possible steal of the draft. He then names 6 clubs as the big winners. That guy doesn’t pull splinters out of his ass, he pulls entire pickets.
Damn! Thanks General, Haven't perused my Hun yet n was looking forward to Bucky's anal ysis. Seeing how it was such an even spread of talent this year I guess that made it virtually impossible for any club to stuff up this year.
Only 16 clubs nailed it? Hope he didn't rank us as one of the two clubs that stuffed up.

RedanTiger said:
Like all the sport that's on at night, you'll never get anything due to deadlines.
And then it's old news the next day.

The Sun would have had a summary of selections at least surely? Age had zip, nothing, not one line.

The_General said:

Yeh thought the same, all clubs did brilliantly. :spin

craig said:

I'm almost certain that's why they went to the tabloid format. :hihi

TigerMasochist said:
Damn! Thanks General, Haven't perused my Hun yet n was looking forward to Bucky's anal ysis. Seeing how it was such an even spread of talent this year I guess that made it virtually impossible for any club to stuff up this year.
Only 16 clubs nailed it? Hope he didn't rank us as one of the two clubs that stuffed up.
No, he said we did brilliantly.

But we missed his "top 6", of which Hawthorn was one.

From memory, Essendon was one who was a "wait and see", and Gold Coast was the other.
Both North Melbourne and Carlton got massive praise for taking recycled players. Hartung was an inspired choice and gave them exactly what they need, run and carry with pace. Carlton got a "first round draft pick" in Garlett, for pick 70+ which these days is normally a nothing player anyway.

tigertim said:
Yeah, he went on a bit about Hartung.
His sycophant ramblings about Hawthorn were amazing. Whilst he praised some for their excellent trading enabling them to get extra picks, he mentioned nothing about the disastrous trades which left Hawks getting into the draft so late. But they got Worpel, Moore and a tennis player (Vickery's wife?), so they "nailed it" and were one of the big winners in the draft.

If he's going to make a criteria for "winning" the draft, applying it evenly to all clubs would be a good start.

Why they pay that *smile* to write such drivel is beyond me.

Who really knows?

This time next year we may have an idea how we went but realistically with 3 talls it will take a few years.

The thing for me is that we had a strategy and we clearly stuck to it. We wanted to bolster the mids as best we could and part of that was getting Naish for our 4th pick. We wanted to add some tall timber and within that get players who were not one trick ponies and we seem to have got that as well.

Whether they are any good only time will tell but we have so many young kids who didn’t make the finals team we have time on our side

We probably do need another tall kpp to come on in 2018 or we need Griffiths to stand up. One who interests me a lot next year is Callum Moore, he showed a lot in the vfl late in the season

Seemed to have drafted well. I am most excited about Balta and Miller. High ceilings I would have thought. Looking at Miller his speed is amazing but he may not now how to use it to full advantage. I'd imagine a 100kg 196cm speed machine galloping down the wing might be almost untackleable. Our own Jonah Lomu. Looks pretty strong to go with it. A bit of Craig McKellar in him for old fogey posters like me that remember him.

this mug on the terraces is rapt. all good types, can't wait to see the magoos in action in 2018 :clap

Yep Baron. Massive improvement in the list with a number of cloggers gone and some talented kids in.

Reserves side (leaving the GF side as is) of:

Short Balta Garthy
Naish Chol Markov
Miller Miles Menadue
Bolton Higgins Stengle
Lloyd Moore Griff
Cu Jo Ellis Conca

Soldo Drummond Hammer Rookie (mid hopefully)

Wow. Plenty of talent coming through. More so now than ever the club needs to focus on developing the cubs and making sure players are ready to step up when they are called upon. Great time to be a Tiger Supporter. I get the feeling my 2 young kids are going to enjoy a few more Tiger wins growing up then I did.

Any news on what the new player guernsey numbers will be?

And if anyone else switching to a lower number?