Draft 2017 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft 2017

Timmy99 said:
Wow. Plenty of talent coming through. More so now than ever the club needs to focus on developing the cubs and making sure players are ready to step up when they are called upon. Great time to be a Tiger Supporter. I get the feeling my 2 young kids are going to enjoy a few more Tiger wins growing up then I did.

yep good times Timmy, so nice to see the smiles on my kids' faces.

theglove3 said:
Any news on what the new player guernsey numbers will be?

And if anyone else switching to a lower number?
I'd like to see Jack Graham get #11.

So we got The no1 stat machine; another snakey SA Capt; the best mark; the most metres gained; and the fastest giant North of Coolgardie?

Pretty stoked. Nice work tiges.

Had another look at the players we took on the clubs website.

I know its only ( the best of stuff ) , but you can that you could possible see any number of these players playing , debuting next year.

Its not far fetch that this could happen depending on injuries, form in the twos , form of the ones etc...

Really excited with all of them but if i had to choose say two , it would be Balta( see him as a big bodied midfielder / wing/forward).

And Callum is an exciting forward ruck relief who can take a contested mark and kick goals).

Higgins will be special but will need to nudge out the exciting 3 mosquitos and has Shai & Stengle in front ATM.

Naish - could play in a number of positions until his body develops but needs to fight off players such as Markov, CEllis ATM.

Miller- i see as a ruck prospect solely who might provide a better future option than Soldo. Out of all the cubs maybe he might take the longest...

Our VFL side will be so exciting to watch next year and hopefully will be hungry enough to go a step further in 2018.

That side Lamb will set us up for hopefully future success....

Vacant numbers

7, 11, 13, 19, 20, 28, 38, 43, 45

7 Castagna
11 Soldo
13 Higgins,
19 to CJ,
20 to Balta
28 to Naish,
38 to Miller

Give 43 & 45 to the rookies we take today.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Vacant numbers

7, 11, 13, 19, 20, 28, 38, 43, 45

7 Castagna
11 Soldo
13 Higgins,
19 to CJ,
20 to Balta
28 to Naish,
38 to Mitchell

Give 43 & 45 to the rookies we take today.

Reckon george stays in his premiership number. Butler Broad Graham too. Menadue might be given a lower number. Interesting if we retain our recent tradition of giving new kids high numbers.

Harry said:
Reckon george stays in his premiership number. Butler Broad Graham too. Menadue might be given a lower number. Interesting if we retain our recent tradition of giving new kids high numbers.
Butts will get a low number

I love this photo.

https://twitter.com/richmond_fc/status/934940963339870208

The 5 guys We drafted.

I’m not sure who it is but the unit on the left is a tank.

Edit: this time with a link

DirtyDogTiger said:
I love this photo.

https://twitter.com/richmond_fc/status/934940963339870208

The 5 guys We drafted.

I’m not sure who it is but the unit on the left is a tank.

Edit: this time with a link

From L to R
Miller, CCJ , Higgins, Balta , Naish

Do any of the lads have some mongrel in 'em?

Exhibit 1 (front and center):

a319b36291254fb6e958c031859f2700

taztiger4 said:
From L to R
Miller, CCJ , Higgins, Balta , Naish

I look at that group and I think how many would have loved trading places with them. Jarrod Brander at 13 went to West Coast Eagles but had talked about how awesome it would be to go to Richmond. Adam Cerra who went at 5 for the Dockers is a massive Richmond fan and had previously spoken of his excitement of seeing Richmond win the flag. These guys are really lucky and really privileged, I know Higgins and Naish know it but I hope the others realise it as well.

Surprised collingwood recruited zero KPP's considering their lack of book ends.