Don,t Fly the Flag | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Don,t Fly the Flag

Liverpool said:
In many cases, it is not the minority that is craving the pandering.

I remember a few years back that Sea World were looking at changing the name of 'fairy penguins' to 'little penguins' as it "might offend the gay community".

Of course, people jumped up and down about pandering to minority groups and gays hijacking the word 'fairy', etc.....however various gay groups openly criticised this move by Sea World as being ridiculous and that they were not offended at all by the name of the penguin.

Such examples as this lead people to attack minority groups when it is not their wish to be associated with decisions made by imbeciles, who attempt to take a moral high ground, and try to think on behalf of minority groups who are not asking for their help to begin with as their "help" usually leads to more attacks or insults and further discrimination against them.

wow. this is the first post of yours I've ever agreed with Liverpool. I'd take it a step further though. Tabloids love this 'bereaucracy gone mad' stuff. They love that *smile*, eat it for breakfast. Sometimes you will find a dumb decision has been made like the fairy thing, but the tabloids love to portray it as if every single bureaucrat everywhere makes it their personal mission in life to annoy people with precious, dumb decisions. The opposite is the case. Also it fans hate and antagonism toward minorities, as you've pointed out, through processes they have nothing to do with or often completely disagree with.

Usually when these things pop up, the reality is it might have been mentioned in a meeting once, and the majority said 'dumb idea'.

Liverpool said:
In many cases, it is not the minority that is craving the pandering.

I remember a few years back that Sea World were looking at changing the name of 'fairy penguins' to 'little penguins' as it "might offend the gay community".

Of course, people jumped up and down about pandering to minority groups and gays hijacking the word 'fairy', etc.....however various gay groups openly criticised this move by Sea World as being ridiculous and that they were not offended at all by the name of the penguin.

Such examples as this lead people to attack minority groups when it is not their wish to be associated with decisions made by imbeciles, who attempt to take a moral high ground, and try to think on behalf of minority groups who are not asking for their help to begin with as their "help" usually leads to more attacks or insults and further discrimination against them.
I think from memory a similar situation at Hume(?) council who wanted to ban ham sandwiches at the town hall meetings as it might offend Muslims. Muslim groups responded "we never asked anyone to do this!"

tigertim said:
I think from memory a similar situation at Hume(?) council who wanted to ban ham sandwiches at the town hall meetings as it might offend Muslims. Muslim groups responded "we never asked anyone to do this!"

As a resident of Hume, that sounds very much like something they'd do. (That and take a pile of pick up sticks in the name of federation that nobody else wanted then leave them in a shed.)

Interesting viewpoints made here.. although I tend to believe that our culture along with other western nations is one of many to fall victim to the zionist ideology - the calculated & deliberate corruption of the moral & social fabric from within - implemented via cleverly disguised new age laws and reforms imposed on us via the UN human rights charter. Numerous western nations including Aus. have already been effectively enslaved to serve the whims of the zionist regime which controls Israel. I've copped alot of cristicism for my views including being labelled a racist however i'm not criticising Jews in general, i'm criticising those who follow the zionist doctrine which is a complete corruption of the true Judaism faith. When you look at the decay within western nations, particularly the US, you start to understand why countries (where christianity is not the primary faith) are so defiant and unwilling to fall under the yoke of zionist Israel and its vassal states who act as the global enforcers of the zionist doctrine.

RfC77 said:
Interesting viewpoints made here.. although I tend to believe that our culture along with other western nations is one of many to fall victim to the zionist ideology - the calculated & deliberate corruption of the moral & social fabric from within - implemented via cleverly disguised new age laws and reforms imposed on us via the UN human rights charter. Numerous western nations including Aus. have already been effectively enslaved to serve the whims of the zionist regime which controls Israel. I've copped alot of cristicism for my views including being labelled a racist however i'm not criticising Jews in general, i'm criticising those who follow the zionist doctrine which is a complete corruption of the true Judaism faith. When you look at the decay within western nations, particularly the US, you start to understand why countries (where christianity is not the primary faith) are so defiant and unwilling to fall under the yoke of zionist Israel and its vassal states who act as the global enforcers of the zionist doctrine.

Interesting view also.
I wouldn't have thought the 'zionist doctrine' would allow western nations to be so open to such things as immigration, where we have parts of major cities with large Muslim enclaves, and a spreading of the Islamic ideology, especially seeing that Jews/Muslims aren't usually the best of friends.
Regarding Israel...I think Israel has the right to live in peace and exist as its own nation.
However, they also need to respect the Muslim people that surround them.
I think Israel would have got more respect if over time, they slowly exited the land that is in dispute and put an exit plan in place over a 5-10 year period to allow their residents to move and find alternative accommodation.
But any such ideas would get shot down from their own internal politics and also the Muslims who continue to threaten Israel, such as Hezbollah, Hamas, and Iran with their nuclear weapon threats.
I think if there was a zionist regime running rampant through western societies, then Palestine and Iran would have been problems solved long ago.

RfC77 said:
Umm, can you dumb this down for me?

A zionist conspiracy thread on a Tiger forum. Gold.

What next? Lady Di alive and well and living in Leongatha?

..yes, but that all changed in March 2011 when she was taken on a crayfisher working the waters off southern tassie. She’s 10 days on and 10 days off. Rents a caravan and drinks some. Is given to moments of senseless violence. Stay clear.

May as well get in early as I'm sure we'll get the usual flogs pushing their republic/change the flag barrows ;D

Have already seen a couple of articles in the media and I am sure it will be hyped up in the coming days...

Liverpool said:
May as well get in early as I'm sure we'll get the usual flogs pushing their republic/change the flag barrows ;D

Have already seen a couple of articles in the media and I am sure it will be hyped up in the coming days...

was one of those articles about the violent crime rate on Australia Day? :D

Brodders17 said:
was one of those articles about the violent crime rate on Australia Day? :D

If you want to include that Brodders...then yes.

While there are some good positive stories about our national day...unfortunately, there are the media orcs that find this an opportune time to try and push their own political agendas and look at the negativity, whether it be our flag, our monarchal system, or as you point out, a day of "violence" (or binge drinking, etc).

Liverpool said:

are you calling me a flog because i poked fun at liverpool yesterday? :hihi

Liverpool said:
While there are some good positive stories about our national day...

interesting to see what peoples thoughts are in regards to australia day being our 'national day.' IMO anzac day is our true national day.

edit: might be worth a poll.

Liverpool said:

And the usual flogs will be professing their love for the Union Jack and the Queen. You can keep that.

Tigers of Old said:
When the hell are we going to get our own flag?

When a few more of the Queen and country types drop off the twig, 10 more years at least. They are a minority, but a significant and vocal minority with the support of tabloid press and shock jocks, which in concert makes it a battle not worth fighting, at the moment.