Don,t Fly the Flag | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Don,t Fly the Flag

TigerForce said:
Why not? The Aboriginals were here before us. What's multiculturalism got to do with it? All foreigners are known as Aussies now.

We're all Aussies. If it's alright by you I prefer not to single any race, religion or creed out. In fact I feel that way even if it's not alright with you. :hihi

Baloo said:
Change the GG's title to President. Make him the Head of State and don't change anything else. Say Thanks and Bye to Queen Lizzy. All done.

the GG is a woman.

How about making the flag all white?
Clean, crisp and it would never clash. Running colours a thing of the past.
Passive yet extremely aggressive.
Think about it, foreigners looking on with nefarious intentions would see our flag at every turn - on the collars of office workers, at wet t-shirt contests, suburban clothes lines would be flying the flag at least once a week and even our pensioners on the bowling greens - one foot in the grave - would look ready to die for their country dressed in our national colour. And when we do go to war we won’t draw any unnecessary fire.

Bonus - artists could feel individualistic and edgy again in rebelious black.

flag_zps00eb6968.jpg

Someone kindly sent me this. A rough idea that could do with some fine tuning but I like the idea because....

It keeps some tradition. I know people who fought for our flag and it means/meant the world to them.

Like the Canadian flag it's simple and clean looking.

We're all united under the Southern cross. It means a lot to me.

Not a massive change but it ditches the union jack. The Poms shouldn't have to share with us.

Got to remember to separate the flags in the wash though. Red is a bugger to run and it would turn Glantone's flag pink.

Angola's flag is pretty groovy. I don't know what the jagged thing is, but they look like a people not to be trifled with.

Flag_of_Angola.svg

Like Japan & Canada's simple designs, I'm actually a fan of Turkey's as well.
The red and white must be appealing (seems to be for the Swannies too).

tr.gif

As a stand alone flag I actually really like the Union Jack too. Very strong design.

I just don't like another countries image on what should be our flag that indicates our independence.

glantone said:
How about making the flag all white?
Clean, crisp and it would never clash. Running colours a thing of the past.
Passive yet extremely aggressive.
Think about it, foreigners looking on with nefarious intentions would see our flag at every turn - on the collars of office workers, at wet t-shirt contests, suburban clothes lines would be flying the flag at least once a week and even our pensioners on the bowling greens - one foot in the grave - would look ready to die for their country dressed in our national colour. And when we do go to war we won’t draw any unnecessary fire.

Bonus - artists could feel individualistic and edgy again in rebelious black.
Don't like it. Because to paraphrase groundskeeper Willie from the Simpsons, about the french- we would become surrender monkeys :)

Legends of 1980 said:
Don't like it. Because to paraphrase groundskeeper Willie from the Simpsons, about the french- we would become surrender monkeys :)

Cheese-eating surrender monkeys

Happy straya day everybody! :)

An important consideration often overlooked by the highbrows is the ‘tattoo factor’ - a large troop of our population will be quick to ink up our new flag. So what is it we want to see engraved into our childrens’ epidermides?

Whatever we go for it needs to be pleasing to our senses whether displayed on our sons’ bronzed shoulders or resting above our daughters’ plumbers’ cracks.

evo, dunno about machetes and industrial cranks over my daughetr's plumber's.

glantone said:
Happy straya day everybody! :)

An important consideration often overlooked by the highbrows is the ‘tattoo factor’ - a large troop of our population will be quick to ink up our new flag. So what is it we want to see engraved into our childrens’ epidermides?

Whatever we go for it needs to be pleasing to our senses whether displayed on our sons’ bronzed shoulders or resting above our daughters’ plumbers’ cracks.

evo, dunno about machetes and industrial cranks over my daughetr's plumber's.

:hihi

Just suggest a tatt of a stand alone Southern Cross.
They can put the bottom star wherever...

glantone said:

Now that's a great excuse to dump the southern cross from our flag. :hihi

I actually like and feel quite patriotic about our flag. Wouldn't really care if it was never changed. The only reason I'd support it, and then only minimal change, was if we became a republic.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Or else you,ll be labelled a racist. :eek: ::)

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/racism-links-to-aussie-car-flags/story-e6frg13u-1226251686129

I brought myself car flags this year because I wanted to go from not being a racist to being a racist not sure how I have changed but there you go. I do have a ten year old who wanted them and a 16 year old who really didn't figured it made more sense to tease the older one by getting them but in doing so I am now a racist so I pity the next ethnic or indigenous person who crosses my path.

evo said:
I wouldn't mind if we became a republic but it'll be interesting to see the model they come up with. Who would design it?

I reckon Livers should design the model ........ then invert it.