Changes Vs. the Suns | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes Vs. the Suns

Status
Not open for further replies.
TigerMasochist said:
Bloody hilarious some of the punters bleating about us not playing a bunch of flaky youngsters who have yet to put together a decent performance at senior level.

Just in case some have forgotten, we haven't locked in a finals slot just yet.

We've had a batch of injury issues to a large group of mid range players, got some handy youngsters been given a look and the ones who've performed have been retained in the side, while a few were unlucky enough to cop injuries which stuffed their chances.
We got completely smashed in the mid field n grunt work last week, which means we either simply had a team brain fart, or quite likely our mids are feeling the strain from not having that second tier hardened support during the year. Thomas plays hard arsed mid field grunt n Stevie FFS plays annoying mad *smile* somewhere around where the ball is'nt. Maybe doesn't get much of it or do much beyond make a few opponents look over the shoulder n rush things, but sometimes it's enough to help.

Fixed

TigerMasochist said:
Bloody hilarious some of the punters bleating about us not playing a bunch of flaky youngsters who have yet to put together a decent performance at senior level.
Stevie FFS plays annoying mad *smile* somewhere around where the ball is. Maybe doesn't get much of it or do much beyond make a few opponents look over the shoulder n rush things, but sometimes it's enough to help.
Almost as hilarious as punters trying to perpetuate this myth that FFS Morris has the opposition looking over their shoulders and rushing.......

Leysy Days said:
C'mon Lazy, is that the best response you can manage ;D. Surely you could go a bit harder than just putting in a teensy little colourful fart.

tigertim said:
Almost as hilarious as punters trying to perpetuate this myth that FFS Morris has the opposition looking over their shoulders and rushing.......
Could be insanely ridiculous timmy, but the coaches seem to think Stevie is doing something that they want. He's not getting many possessions or kicking goals so there's not many other possible options left to consider. Unless of course he has some of those special photos of the match committee that some keep whispering about.

The thing I cant get my head around is that 109 goals in 42 games is considered flaky but Morris running around headless for the last 30 games is playing the percentages.

Some of the selection of players my not be about just this week we work in blocks of 4 weeks :hihi

Leysy Days said:
The other point.

Where does it leave Clarke when he talks to his players on the cusp.

"Show your ahead of this level young fella, I know you are, you know you are, keep it up and you will get your chance....."

Oh Wait...

Very good point.

Watched Foley's retirement speech just before and his theme was 'rush for success / take your opportunities right now'... I was picturing their reaction to his words.

tigertim said:
If memory serves you and Tigerbob were big wraps for Matty when drafted?

Tigerbob thought Mitch Farmer was a very good trade for us. Enough said.

To me McDonough with his ability to play midfield and go forward was the obvious replacement for Conca.
Good luck to Thomas he is a warrior and will be put his body on the line.
I guess Morris is in for Grimes, I thought Dea would have come in for him, I hope Morris doesn't play forward.

Tigertough1974 said:
Even with a weakened team this week still feeling confident, Tigers by 35 points

hope so TT, even if all those 35 points are actual minor scores ;D

lamb22 said:
The thing I cant get my head around is that 109 goals in 42 games is considered flaky but Morris running around headless for the last 30 games is playing the percentages.
Flaky at AFL level lambshanks not VFL level.
He's had a few senior games plus a few practice matches n so far has a handful of possessions n nil scoreboard to his name. If we'd played him last week while our mids were getting bashed up, he'd have come off with near donuts again through no fault of his own n noises would start to be made.
Kids got talent, he's shown plenty that so far he hasn't been able to transition into senior performance. He's also been growing n developing that skinny long streak of pelican into something that can handle the rigours of AFL intensity footy.
Will be no surprise at all to see the Beanie slot straight in to AFL level next year n own his space, we've got three very similar size, shape n type of forward / ruck players in Beanie, Griff , Plasma, at perfectly staggered age n development. Three won't go into the one side so there's a strong chance that one with currency may be tradeable at years end for a premium price.

I'm quietly a fan of what the Beanie could offer in the seniors, but I'm also comfortable that we haven't been forced to throw a scrawny kid in because we had to n broken him. Clubs doing some old fashioned apprenticeship work with our youngsters n that's exactly what having our own magoos team is supposed to be about.
Sometimes being in the senior team when you're not quite ready or there's mega expectation on you can be detrimental to your development as a player.

Tomahawk was a monster kid with tons of hype in a champion side, played a few cameos n flashes n was generally carried by the ability of the rest of his team. Took him five years to understand all the work ethic n expectations required to play properly at senior level.
Wonder how Joe Daniher must be feeling as he trudges off after games? Been masses of hype n expectation on this kid, team mate from the same draft as Beanie. Got plenty of senior games n a big fat pay n fan adulation. He's had to learn n try to stand up under the pump of all the doping scandal, n play well in starvation alley for a team that doesn't know how to to progress up to the forwards. Try to build his body n learn his craft while everyone expects the young star to kick five or six on game day. Had to watch as the team n club his family are legends at wither n crumble as the *smile* piles up on them.
Bet there's plenty of days when he feels like crawling into the bottom of the wardrobe n not coming out, rather than the joy n excitement of catching up with his team mates, training hard n playing on the big stage.

TigerMasochist said:
Flaky at AFL level lambshanks not VFL level.

this winter has been so bloody cold, that climate change thingy has gotta be a load of BS.

How a 202cm forward can be considered 'flakey' after playing 6 quarters of AFL football is beyond me. Surely a bit more sample size is required before judgements like that can be made? I actually thought he showed plenty in those two games for the type of player he is and his relative inexperience (I had low expectations as I understand he will take time at AFL level).

Rancey18 said:
How a 202cm forward can be considered 'flakey' after playing 6 quarters of AFL football is beyond me. Surely a bit more sample size is required before judgements like that can be made? I actually thought he showed plenty in those two games for the type of player he is and his relative inexperience (I had low expectations as I understand he will take time at AFL level).

well said Rancey, it beggars belief really.

Liam McBean got 9 disposals in his 2nd game before being subbed off against Essendon.

Tyrone Vickery got 7 disposals in his 97th game against Adelaide last Friday.

If McBean is flaky then Vickery is fairy floss.

Rancey18 said:

And one of those Qs was very good with about 4 goal involvements and an almost MOTY.

Status
Not open for further replies.