Changes vs Carlton round 16 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Carlton round 16

I really think Blight has to play otherwise what's the reason making an announcement like this and for him to his family if you're just stuck as emergency?? Seems a bit stupid from the club if this happens.

I think he was saying Blight will play, but Banks and Smith will be emergencies.

Reactions: 2 users
On the extended bench. I'd hazard a guess they are both going to be emergencies. Probably along with McAuliffe (but hopefully Dow).
Id be dropping ,Sonsie , Short, Cumbo or Dow before McAuliffe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Id be dropping Sonsie Cumbo or Dow before McAuliffe.

I'd love to see him get a full game, but he's played so little footy recently he simply has to play a full game, which will probably be in the 2's (unfortunately). I'd love to get more AFL games into him.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd love to see him get a full game, but he's played so little footy recently he simply has to play a full game, which will probably be in the 2's (unfortunately). I'd love to get more AFL games into him.
Yep and I'd put him in against the Blues from the first bounce he's fresh and let him off the leash for 3 quarters to learn from Cripps Walsh and Hewett.

Be a great experience for him and to be honest he'd go better against them physically than Dow.

If Hopper plays he will provide the big body along with Tim for some protection.

Get the kid amongst it on the big stage he can have the following week of if needs be in the VFL but let him see where he needs to get to up close and personal.

We need this lad fast tracked there is no quality junior mid on the list aside from him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Yep and I'd put him in against the Blues from the first bounce he's fresh and let him off the leash for 3 quarters to learn from Cripps Walsh and Hewett.

Be a great experience for him and to be honest he'd go better against them physically than Dow.

If Hopper plays he will provide the big body along with Tim for some protection.

Get the kid amongst it on the big stage he can have the following week of if needs be in the VFL but let him see where he needs to get to up close and personal.

We need this lad fast tracked there is no quality junior mid on the last aside from him.

Totally agree. I've been very vocal on Dow on here.

I really think Blight has to play otherwise what's the reason making an announcement like this and for him to his family if you're just stuck as emergency?? Seems a bit stupid from the club if this happens.
On video Yze said he's in the side not the sub or emergency. Great.

Reactions: 5 users
Good to see Hopper picked to play and hope that he can get through the game unscathed. It has been a long times since we have had both Taranto and Hopper in the guts of the team so we know the Blues mids are not going to have it easy.
It will be interesting who gets picked in other mid spots. Personally I would go for McA so as he can continue his education playing with quality mids and drop Sonsie or Dow or even both as they have had plenty of chances yet have not consistently shown much. At least Blight knows he will be playing and not as a sub so that is an interesting and positive selection which indicates Balta will be playing forward even though he has made such a difference in our defence that had finally started to gel

Good luck to Hopper.
Hope he gets through.

like the famous quote from Star Trek “May the force be with you”

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Ooze has explained the reason for debuting as sub as he wants the player to calm their nerves by feeling the atmosphere before running on field. Not sure if it really works, but....
Did he actually say that?

This is a real worry.

That shows an absolute failure to understand anxiety. Wow.

Also doesn't explain the sub, then dropped after 10 minutes.

Good luck to Hopper.
Hope he gets through.

like the famous quote from Star Trek “May the force be with you”
Star trek was live long and prosper...
You might be thinking it that other star franchise. Stargazer or 20,000 leagues under the stars.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Ooze has explained the reason for debuting as sub as he wants the player to calm their nerves by feeling the atmosphere before running on field. Not sure if it really works, but....
You could do the same thing by being on the interchange.

Did he actually say that?

This is a real worry.

That shows an absolute failure to understand anxiety. Wow.

Also doesn't explain the sub, then dropped after 10 minutes.
It also doesn’t explain playing as the sub multiple weeks in a row.

Hopper back from a hamstring? I would like to have some confidence in that decision, but I don’t.

Reactions: 1 users
Does not have to be in the two,s. What on earth is stopping us giving him a FULL game in the seniors.

I have to be honest im shaking my head at some of the treatment a few of the kids have copped when picked to play.

Good to see Hopper picked to play and hope that he can get through the game unscathed. It has been a long times since we have had both Taranto and Hopper in the guts of the team so we know the Blues mids are not going to have it easy.
It will be interesting who gets picked in other mid spots. Personally I would go for McA so as he can continue his education playing with quality mids and drop Sonsie or Dow or even both as they have had plenty of chances yet have not consistently shown much. At least Blight knows he will be playing and not as a sub so that is an interesting and positive selection which indicates Balta will be playing forward even though he has made such a difference in our defence that had finally started to gel
Hopper and Tarranto in the midfield doesn’t work. Too slow, one at a time maybe.
As for most of the season this midfield will get smashed unless Bolton gets there.
Then we have a chance.

Does not have to be in the two,s. What on earth is stopping us giving him a FULL game in the seniors.

I have to be honest im shaking my head at some of the treatment a few of the kids have copped when picked to play.
I'd rather 3 parts McA, 1 part Dow/Sonsie as sub.

Hopper and Tarranto in the midfield doesn’t work. Too slow, one at a time maybe.
As for most of the season this midfield will get smashed unless Bolton gets there.
Then we have a chance.
Besides Taranto, Hopper and Prestia, who else do we have who are bona fide and proven mids with experience let alone with speed? Right now we need grunt to nullify the opposition and get ball use and Hopper and Taranto have that ability. In recent matches when we only have one of Hopper, Taranto or Prestia in the team, even with Bolton playing, we have been smashed in the middle.
Bolton good as he is as a player, he is more of a mid / forward IMO with the emphasis on part time mid. Just my view

Besides Taranto, Hopper and Prestia, who else do we have who are bona fide and proven mids with experience let alone with speed? Right now we need grunt to nullify the opposition and get ball use and Hopper and Taranto have that ability. In recent matches when we only have one of Hopper, Taranto or Prestia in the team, even with Bolton playing, we have been smashed in the middle.
Bolton good as he is as a player, he is more of a mid / forward IMO with the emphasis on part time mid. Just my view
Badly need some new one's, this time via the draft.

Reactions: 1 users
That really is a complete load of rubbish from Yze. His use of the sub this year has been putrid.

Calm the nerves by sitting on the bench for 95% of the game. Yeah right :rolleyes:

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users