Changes vs Carlton round 16 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Carlton round 16

Anything less than a 8 goal smacking will be a good result.

We couldn't pick a worse side to come up against.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think there'll be too many changes. Hopper for Graham, no idea who for Lynch, it's been a problem for us all year. Kosi won't be dropped though, was his best game for the Tigers. McAuliffe for Sonsie maybe with Sonsie as sub.
At an absolute minimum surely Blight should play?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
At an absolute minimum surely Blight should play?
I guess it depends on whether they intend playing Balta forward. If not, then can't see them altering the backline for now, not that Blight shouldn't play, he's earned it thus far.

Reactions: 2 users
Some serious problems need addressing 17th for tackles, 18th for clearances, 18th for contested possessions, 17th for uncontested ball.

When we do get the ball we use it poorly.

All that results in us being 17th for inside fifties.

Blokes like Jack Graham help with tackles but is a liability in all other areas.

Short gets a heap of uncontested ball but little else.
He is a big part of the problem. The ball is down back a lot, we are the #1 rebounding team because it's down there so much. He ends up with it a lot of the time only for him to use it poorly, with inevitable repeat entries and we concede goals.

Dow is getting enough contested ball and is okay for clearances but simply does not accumulate enough, is a poor tackler and is limited with his kicking.
I call him a fringe mid , good on the fringes of contests but poor inside and poor outside.

I can say similar about plenty of others the point being we have way too many players that have too many deficiencies.

Taranto, Hopper, Bolton, Prestia, McAuliffe and Baker as our midfield core should address a lot of the inside woes.
I consider Bolton McAuliffe Baker and Martin when he goes there as inside out mids.
Trezise, Rioli, Giving Smith a go. Brown, Ralphsmith playing Campbell as a mid. Help address some of the h/b wing problems and defensive tackling issues on the out side. Campbell, Brown, Rioli, and Smith are good ball users Trezise has composure with ball in hand but can be a bit scappy.

Broad, Miller, Blight give good tall structure down back. Kossie Balta and Bauer give us plenty of height with out becoming too cumbersome forward..

We are being belted in certain areas so do something to address this.
One non negotiable should be our tackling every single player needs to improve in this its the easiest basic in the game. If they can't tackle well, their place should be questioned.

Lets at least start looking at what we hope a more rounded players than a lot of those getting regular games.

Reactions: 5 users
Bauer, Balta and Gray forward, with Bolton, Rioli and McAuliffe joining Taranto and Baker in the midfield and with Blight back, is much less of a long shot than last weeks set up, that included an unfit Lynch, and Cumberland, plus a number of midfielders who can't chase and tackle.

A new midfield that actually has some speed could boost performance all over the field.
We might actually win.

Reactions: 5 users
Our team structure needs to be fixed for sure we need to take a long term view on team selection after the bye I hope the coaches have been informed infaticaly of this during the bye!! Get a ff and play him ff Bauer or grey we need to see if they are afl standard at some stage might as well be this year. But no they will bring Samson Ryan a ruckman in to play ff. Because we are incompetent as a match committee at selecting a side.

In Blight Smith Banks Trezise Bauer
Out Lynch Graham McIntosh Cumberland Dow

Vlas....Miller....Broad
Brown....Blight...Baker
Banks....Taranto....Ralph
Rioli......Balta.....Campbell
Mansell.....Kosi......Bauer
Nank....MacAuliffe...Shai
Dusty...Short..Sonsie..Trezise..Smith

• Love
Would love to see Blight come in but I see the benefit in keeping his debut v. Freo the following week for his W.A. family. We're poor in tackling bc we lack speed and anticipation. You can't tackle someone properly if you can't catch them! Our tackles are also too easily broken... could be many reasons for that.
Out: Lynch, Dow, Sonsie
In: Pace, skill, aggression.

Many wanting Bauer in. I can't see it happening just yet. Only played 4 games in VFL this year. Only kicked 1 goal but think he's played some time in the back line. 10 disposals a game. Only 1 tackle per game. I think he needs more time in the VFL to build form and decide 100% where he's going to play and play him there.

Campbell Gray on the other hand has goaled in his last 6 games 11goals, 16 tackles, 25 marks. Looks more ready atm to me even though likely not as versed with the Tiger game plan (is there one?).

Would love to see Blight come in but I see the benefit in keeping his debut v. Freo the following week for his W.A. family. We're poor in tackling bc we lack speed and anticipation. You can't tackle someone properly if you can't catch them! Our tackles are also too easily broken... could be many reasons for that.
Out: Lynch, Dow, Sonsie
In: Pace, skill, aggression.
Yeah same thought but going by what Ooze said today, it looks like Blight might debut this week. Duz is also out as he and other oldies are going to go part-time and follow a plan for the rest of the season due to 6 and 8 day breaks.

Reactions: 2 users
Looks like a wet day on Sunday, so hopefully we make the right picks. Not sure on Blight debuting this week.

Yeah same thought but going by what Ooze said today, it looks like Blight might debut this week. Duz is also out as he and other oldies are going to go part-time and follow a plan for the rest of the season due to 6 and 8 day breaks.
Blight will play it looks like.

Blight and Hopper in for lynch and Martin. Cumberland might get a reprieve or play as a sub.

The only options to come in for Cumberland are Bauer, Banks, Smith or Trezise imo as they have shown some form in the vfl. Maybe Bauer might be a chance as he can play as a 3rd tallish forward.

Blight will play it looks like.

Blight and Hopper in for lynch and Martin. Cumberland might get a reprieve or play as a sub.

The only options to come in for Cumberland are Bauer, Banks, Smith or Trezise imo as they have shown some form in the vfl. Maybe Bauer might be a chance as he can play as a 3rd tallish forward.
Yeah looks like it. It's gonna be wet so maybe best for Cumbo to stay in as the small forward but has to start showing some form.

Reactions: 1 users