Changes vs Carlton round 16 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Carlton round 16

McAuliffe, please let him play. Dow finally dropped. Surely not going to just have Kosi as the only tall forward.

Reactions: 1 user
Banks deserves to be picked. Followed up his 37 possession game with 20 possessions in 3/4 of a game.
Whether he steps up is another thing.
He may well be sub as well.

I reckon Sonz or Banks will be sub this time. Dow could still be in for any late change.
Can't see all of Taranto, Hopper, Dow & McAuliffe in the 22 personally unless they're thinking of not giving the likes of Baker & Bolton (Dusty?) any midfield time.

Remember when were so bad that McCalamity was played forward for a few games ............................ :mhihi

Good Times. ...............we are approaching them again.
Kosi is the only player over 190 in the forward line.

Crumbers are Graham, Mansell and Campbell.

Dusty's finished and has never been a stay at home forward, and Bolton should be playing out of the midfield.

Granted, not having Lynch, Lefau or MRJ available makes it harder. Compounded by the unavailability of back ups like Samson, Fawcett, Gibcus.

But. Bauer is an easy in. Balta goes forward.

If the coach had any desire to win games, you could shift Rioli forward. Play Smith as the running back.

A forward line of

Campbell Balta Dusty
Kosi Bauer Rioli

Would be orders of magnitude more competitive. We have a thousand backmen on our list, so Balta and Rioli can be replaced. Blight is already a replacement.

You can also switch in Bolton/Mansell off the midfield/wing, bench, whatever.

You need tall forwards in modern football. Non negotiable.

I hope Dow isn’t reading this thread. Personally I don’t take joy in him being dropped despite it being the right thing.

He needs to get massively stronger and be able to stick tackles and break them.

Still looks like a 19 year old and not 22 unfortunately.

Reactions: 8 users
If your mob don't win by over ten goals you'd want to be yelling abuse at someone around your club BBgun. When you get a game against someone as vulnerable as the Tigers are at the moment. You need your mob to be making a big statement and pulverising the oppo, not just limping in.
I'll just about take any win over Richmond after they'd dominated Carlton for nearly a decade. But you're right given where both teams are right now. Provided the weather holds up, there are no excuses.

The last time we had the wood on Richmond we'd regularly hand out beltings well in excess of 10 goals. I'd take that again in a heartbeat.