Changes vs Carlton round 16 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Carlton round 16

Ooze has explained the reason for debuting as sub as he wants the player to calm their nerves by feeling the atmosphere before running on field. Not sure if it really works, but....

Reactions: 1 user
Blight will play it looks like.

Blight and Hopper in for lynch and Martin. Cumberland might get a reprieve or play as a sub.

The only options to come in for Cumberland are Bauer, Banks, Smith or Trezise imo as they have shown some form in the vfl. Maybe Bauer might be a chance as he can play as a 3rd tallish forward.

Reckon Martin plays this week. Its either 2 games at the G or travel to Freo and Port over the next 4 weeks. He's far more likely to be playing at the G than at Optus and Adelaide Oval IMO.

Reckon this week its out Lynch and Cumbo and In Hopper and Blight with Balta moving forward

The 1 thing that needs to be sure to happen, is that McAuliffe cannot be the sub again. Either he gets a full game at AFL or VFL level.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Now that Dusty has made 300, can he put his name down on the team sheet as Pickett to get him to his 100 this year?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Ooze has explained the reason for debuting as sub as he wants the player to calm their nerves by feeling the atmosphere before running on field. Not sure if it really works, but....
Was it Cumberland who debuted in Sydney and never got on the ground because he was a late call up and had played most of a VFL game the same day ?

Was it Cumberland who debuted in Sydney and never got on the ground because he was a late call up and had played most of a VFL game the same day ?
Yeah, he didn't play but maybe because he was a medical sub where we had no injuries.

Reactions: 1 users
In Blight Smith Banks Trezise Bauer
Out Lynch Graham McIntosh Cumberland Dow

Vlas....Miller....Broad
Brown....Blight...Baker/Trezise/Smith
Banks/Rioli...Taranto....Ralph
Rioli.Bolton......Balta.....Campbell
Mansell.....Kosi......Bauer
Nank....MacAuliffe. Bolton/Baker
Dusty...Sonsie..Smith..Hopper...Banks
Not bad just add Hopper to the bench and drop Short. Play Baker onball and either one of Trezise or Smith at hb. Shai to start forward and Rioli to a wing.

Reckon Martin plays this week. Its either 2 games at the G or travel to Freo and Port over the next 4 weeks. He's far more likely to be playing at the G than at Optus and Adelaide Oval IMO.

Reckon this week its out Lynch and Cumbo and In Hopper and Blight with Balta moving forward

The 1 thing that needs to be sure to happen, is that McAuliffe cannot be the sub again. Either he gets a full game at AFL or VFL level.
Nah Dusty’s playing against Freo. Didn’t you hear the question Jack asked him out on the ground after his 300th?

Nah Dusty’s playing against Freo. Didn’t you hear the question Jack asked him out on the ground after his 300th?

You think he wants a farewell tour of each ground? If the choice was for him to travel or stay in melbourne, I can't see why he would travel, unless he loves the weekends away with the boys, but even if its the latter, he can travel and not play surely? I'd think the more chances we have of playing him at the G, we'd be doing that, but I guess we will find out in about an hour.

Do u think really think that Dow and Sonsie could do better than Bolton Rioli and Taranto.

Don’t chase and won’t tackle.
If Dow plays, Cripps, Kennedy, & Hewett especially will brush him off even more so like a feather. It will be next level embarrassment, a potential career ruiner for him. If I were him, I'd drop myself.

Reactions: 2 users
Banks and Smithyyy also in.

We're obviously trying out most of the kids for the rest of this season.

Can't see them being selected. Looking a bit like Hopper & Blight in and Lynch and one of Sonsie, Cumbo, Dow, McAuliffe out.
I really think Blight has to play otherwise what's the reason making an announcement like this and for him to his family if you're just stuck as emergency?? Seems a bit stupid from the club if this happens.

Banks and Smithyyy also in.

We're obviously trying out most of the kids for the rest of this season.

On the extended bench. I'd hazard a guess they are both going to be emergencies. Probably along with McAuliffe (but hopefully Dow).

Reactions: 2 users