Changes vs Carlton round 16 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Carlton round 16

How good would it be to knock this mob off to get our third scalp of the season.

Who's back in?
Hopper you'd think.
Prestia also a possibility.
Maybe Blight comes in too for a debut.

The Blues are up & about & we are a long shot but upsets do happen.
Be nice to get a win against the ol arch enemy.
We are the only team to beat the Swans this year so it would not be a surprise if we do turn up on the day and stuff the Blues as well. I wouldn't feel so bad if we got the wooden spoon after that

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
In: Blight, Hopper, Cumberland
Out: Lynch, Graham, Prestia

Blight goes back and Balta goes forward.

Reactions: 1 user
We are the only team to beat the Swans this year so it would not be a surprise if we do turn up on the day and stuff the Blues as well. I wouldn't feel so bad if we got the wooden spoon after that
If we beat Carlton and Collingwood, now that's what I'm talking about!

Broad - Miller - Vlastuin
Smith - Blight - Brown

Trezise - Taranto - Rioli
Nankervis - McAuliffe - Baker

Mansell - Balta - Campbell
Bolton - Kossie - Bauer

Martin - Hopper - Prestia - Ralphsmith

Banks

Ins - Smith out Short. In Blight out Lynch,, In Trezise out McIntosh, In Bauer out Cumberland, In Hopper out Graham, In Prestia out Dow, In Banks out Sonsie.

• Love
Broad - Miller - Vlastuin
Smith - Blight - Brown

Trezise - Taranto - Rioli
Nankervis - McAuliffe - Baker

Mansell - Balta - Campbell
Bolton - Kossie - Bauer

Martin - Hopper - Prestia - Ralphsmith

Banks

Ins - Smith out Short. In Blight out Lynch,, In Trezise out McIntosh, In Bauer out Cumberland, In Hopper out Graham, In Prestia out Dow, In Banks out Sonsie.
seven changes? In Carlton out Richmond.

Not sure this week is the one to bring blight in curnow and mckay shouldn't be his first game dont want to destroy his confidence. I'd be more inclined to bring in Gray and play him forward to give us someone to bring the ball to ground because cumbucket isn't doing that.

Not sure this week is the one to bring blight in curnow and mckay shouldn't be his first game dont want to destroy his confidence. I'd be more inclined to bring in Gray and play him forward to give us someone to bring the ball to ground because cumbucket isn't doing that.
Blight can debut next week at Freo for his family to see, along with Smithy back in. Get Bauer in at FF with Kosi.

Reactions: 2 users
seven changes? In Carlton out Richmond.
Why not?.

Short has been putrid all year. He does nothing but panic and kick the ball to the opposition or a contest. lets not mention just how bloody poor defensively he is.
Smiffy every week he continued to be in the best players and deserves a game it is indeed a farce. Pace, does not panic, defends and uses the ball actually taking on kicks.

No Lynch so Blight who has also been playing well in the magoos comes in and Balta goes forward. No Brainer.

McIntosh another who has been mostly poor for the season.We are not winning games with him and his mates in the team so what is there to lose.
Trezise has size like McIntosh he runs hard he actually tackles and he is composed unlike McIntosh. Again another who has been performing well.
One is the future and the other should retire.

Cumberland could not get a kick in a footy factory atm. The way we used him last week was crazy as well. We had him play as a tall medium and he got towelled up in the air and was run off all day.. Well Bauer is a medium tall and can take a grab and he moves just as well as Cumberland.
With Lynch out again he may well help by dragging a tall away from Balta and Kossie making their job a tad easier. Another no brainer.

McAuliffe another farce just play him inside mid all bloody day. Theres plenty of rotations with Hopper and Prestia changing with him and Taranto.

Hopper for Graham another no brainer. How poor have some been.

Prestia for Dow shame but Dow is not the future and Prestia injury riddled slowing up and a shadow of himself is still twice the player Dow is.

Banks well he has had some decent numbers in the two's and supposedly been in the bests. The Sonz well he just cant get his hands on the ball and needs to go back and find a bit of touch. Will they ever give him a go as a mid?

That is actually a better team and the ins are all upgrades on what has been dished up.

Besides does it really matter if we lose again. With out changes we are getting flogged anyway. Nothing to lose just give the kids games.

Its not as if they have not earnt it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Just start picking players now that we think will be in our best structural Round 1 2025 team. If that means the likes of Bauer, Blight, Smith, Gray etc, then so be it. Time to get all important games and experience into them.

Reactions: 8 users
We need to get Trezise back in the team, in the backline. Give Shorty the sub vest or move him to a different position.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users