Changes v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Roos

tonemaster said:
I reckon keep Thomas, drop Lloyd. Gives Cotch, Delidio or Martin more time in the forward line.

Thomas would get slaughtered at the dome - good to bring him in on a wet game at the G, but not Etihad - unless we don't want to win

tonemaster said:
I reckon keep Thomas, drop Lloyd. Gives Cotch, Delidio or Martin more time in the forward line.

I thought Thomas did ok on Saturday night but I doubt his capacity to make effective decisions on a fast track. Hope its Cotch in, Thomas out. Is Deledio ok?

In North's heads - they're not trying. Saving themselves for the finals while we need the W so we play our best team.

If we celebrate goals too hard, they'll feel super confident heading into next week.

Thinking about it... I hope our leaders are firm about looking like we couldn't care less about each goal or the final result. Otherwise North smirk and think they've got us.

No celebrations this week please.

Chimptastic said:
In North's heads - they're not trying. Saving themselves for the finals while we need the W so we play our best team.

If we celebrate goals too hard, they'll feel super confident heading into next week.

Thinking about it... I hope our leaders are firm about looking like we couldn't care less about each goal or the final result. Otherwise North smirk and think they've got us.

No celebrations this week please.

I've heard quite a few Norf supporters on radio smugly declare they have nothing to play for and all the pressure is on RFC. I think our players are far too smart and measured, chances are we will win on Friday night as a formality and then focus on the EF.

If North rests half their side:

Out: Lids, Dusty, Jack, Brando, Ivan, Miles
In: Beanie, Donuts, Morro, Hampster, Knights, Conca (if fit - if not, Gordon)

If North goes down the path of resting players... awesome! The Tigers should come out and absolutely smash them! Give the bench a good go, as suitable, but in this way use it as prep for the EF.

Let them bring their 'guns' back and do it all over again.

I don't know about everyone else, but I've got us playing Adelaide in the Big One this year ;D

Put our strongest team on the park, go hell for leather for the win, and play them again on the G the next week. If we're winning well, put some players on ice in the last. Most likely will have a 8 day break.

Flirting with form a week before the finals is very dangerous. We all know what happened the week after the bye.

Playing in Adelaide the first week should be avoided at all costs.

We have a 5 week final series starting on Friday night, and let's face it, the last 3 weeks haven't been that taxing.

September is Big Kahuna month!

Nico said:
Flirting with form a week before the finals is very dangerous.

I agree. God only knows why Norf think that they will be able to turn their form on and off in a space of a week. They're just not that good.

A 15 goal smashing will play with their minds no matter how many they rest.

If North wants to rest players so should we. Line up should be

B Hunt Astbury Dea
HB Newman Elton Castagna
C Gordon Thomas Menadue
HF Arnott McBean Knights
F McKenzie Morris Lloyd

R Hampson McDonough Butler

IC Lambert Grigg Lennon sub Batchelor

evo said:
I agree. God only knows why Norf think that they will be able to turn their form on and off in a space of a week. They're just not that good.
Is it Norf, or is it the media? I agree with you evo. They're not much good at all. Still got me buggered how they've had the wood on us for the last few years.

There's an article in the Hun that says Goldstein, Waite, Petrie, Harvey and maybe Swallow.

The thing we don't want to happen is play against a side resting 6 players and struggle against that side!

I hope we take them to the cleaners and put the frighteners up Sydney for a day when we jump above them to 4th on percentage :clap