Changes v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Roos

Aye, don't flirt with form Tigers. Win the game, don't rest anyone unless they have a genuine niggle. There's still too much uncertainty about the order of the bottom four to do owt else

This is an altogether new challenge for this side. Hope we're up for it.

Etihad is their preferred venue and it would be great to belt them there and then next week belt them at our preferred venue at the 'G with or without their best players!

Has anyone seen where our 2nds are at? I wouldn't risk more of them than absolutely necessary

puregreen said:
There's an article in the Hun that says Goldstein, Waite, Petrie, Harvey and maybe Swallow.

The thing we don't want to happen is play against a side resting 6 players and struggle against that side!

I hope we take them to the cleaners and put the frighteners up Sydney for a day when we jump above them to 4th on percentage :clap

I think Goldstein is legitimately sore and may not play - I am assuming the rest is speculation at this stage but it wouldn't surprise me if they did - good I reckon - we just keep on going.

I wouldn't mind bringing in Castagna in if they do and maybe give miles a rest and tempted to rest Reiwoldt also but otherwise very little change.

Nico said:
Put our strongest team on the park, go hell for leather for the win, and play them again on the G the next week. If we're winning well, put some players on ice in the last. Most likely will have a 8 day break.

Flirting with form a week before the finals is very dangerous. We all know what happened the week after the bye.

Playing in Adelaide the first week should be avoided at all costs.

We have a 5 week final series starting on Friday night, and let's face it, the last 3 weeks haven't been that taxing.

September is Big Kahuna month!
I'm wondering why you think it is most likely an 8 day break? Reason being I can't get to a Friday night game and I'm hoping like crazy our game will be on the Saturday would love your thoughts on this thanks

Ice said:
is jack sore, or just out of form?

Richmond players are never out of form. They are always carrying an injury or are affected by influences outside the club (i.e. new born, death in the family etc).

On Thursday I am doing a transatlantic cruise out of Harwich Uk & Newman should be on board with me. Will be in Cork Ireland on Sunday so hope to get good news on Tigers against whinging old grey Roos. Go tigers go.

rensman said:
I'm wondering why you think it is most likely an 8 day break? Reason being I can't get to a Friday night game and I'm hoping like crazy our game will be on the Saturday would love your thoughts on this thanks

I heard that if Freo and WCE finish 1 and 2, their games will most likely be Fri and Sat night. This would then give us Sat arvo at the G. Hope it turns out this way.

Nico said:
I heard that if Freo and WCE finish 1 and 2, their games will most likely be Fri and Sat night. This would then give us Sat arvo at the G. Hope it turns out this way.
I think if we finish 5th, we will be at the G on Sunday. If we finish 6th, we will be at the G on Saturday. If we lose on Friday, we will all cry :-[

Nico said:

Not sure the Sat Perth game would be night. I reckon it would be in the arvo to allow the travelling team to get home. most likely:
Week 1
1v4 Friday night (Freo v Swans)
2v3 Sat arvo (Weagles v Hawks)
5v8 Sat night (Tigers v Roos)
6v7 Sun arvo (Dogs v Crows)

Week 2
4v5 Fri night (Swans v Tigers)
2v6 Sat night (Weagles v Dogs)

Week 3
1v2 Fri night (Freo v Weagles)
3v5 Sat night (Hawks v Tigers)

Week 4
1v5 Sat arvo (Freo v Tigers)

The Saturday afternoon game has to fit with the TV schedule and i don't think playing it is Perth will fit that. Would start too early

My expectation is that the two Perth games will be Friday and saturday night for that reason and the two Melbourne games on Saturday and Sunday afternoon. We will play at 3.20 Sunday imo to maximise the Channel 7 viewers

Brodders17 said:
Not sure the Sat Perth game would be night. I reckon it would be in the arvo to allow the travelling team to get home. most likely:
Week 1
1v4 Friday night (Freo v Swans)
2v3 Sat arvo (Weagles v Hawks)
5v8 Sat night (Tigers v Roos)
6v7 Sun arvo (Dogs v Crows)

Week 2
4v5 Fri night (Swans v Tigers)
2v6 Sat night (Weagles v Dogs)

Week 3
1v2 Fri night (Freo v Weagles)
3v5 Sat night (Hawks v Tigers)

Week 4