Changes v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Roos

One-eyed Tiger said:
If fit, I'd consider bringing Hanpson in.
No please no.

If we bring in another tall it must be a mobile one but I would much rather play with the structure we have than bring in someone who reduces our run substantially. it would effectively be one less midfielder. Plus it is on a fast track at Etihad

The dogs beat north with Redpath in the ruck !!

In Cotchin Out Thomas will be the only change imo.

1 change id like to see our forwards leading to the ball. Not just sitting at the back of the pack or trying to take a specky
One instance yesterday Grigg was around the wing waiting for a forward to lead, they were all well behind the defenders.
Must play in front and FFS give the player with the ball a chance to kick it to you lace out and lead!

North will be hoping they don't play us first up in the finals.

Carter said:
I wonder if Deledio gets a 'rest' this week?

He'd be my out if any.

Yeah Lids said that he was slightly concussed. Alarm bells? Interesting to see how our injury management 'experts' assess this injury.

Yep, if we lose to North and Adelaide beats Geelong then our first final will be in Adelaide.

Baloo said:
North will be hoping they don't play us first up in the finals.
I would have thought the opposite. They have a good recent record against us.

Great incentive next Friday night , win play a home final, lose an we are off to Adelaide ....hope they don't hope the Cats will do the job for us, destiny in our own hands , that can't be a bad thing.

CC TIGER said:
Great incentive next Friday night , win play a home final, lose an we are off to Adelaide ....hope they don't hope the Cats will do the job for us, destiny in our own hands , that can't be a bad thing.

Used to be the opposite many times before CC. I'm sure the Cats will beat the Crows at home next week, and I can't see us stuffing up against the soft Kangas either.

Is it a coincidence that since Round 6 all the teams we have lost to (4) have the best ruckmen in the league? North, Dockers, Eagles, Crows.

TigerForce said:
Used to be the opposite many times before CC. I'm sure the Cats will beat the Crows at home next week, and I can't see us stuffing up against the soft Kangas either.

I wouldn't be relying on that happening. Cats will be playing for some retiring greats while crows will be playing for a home final.

Nervous now about the Roos game as the dogs will beat brisvegas so win and we get a home final, lose and probably play in Adelaide... what a joke that our home game is at the dome this Friday.

tigerlove said:
Is it a coincidence that since Round 6 all the teams we have lost to (4) have the best ruckmen in the league? North, Dockers, Eagles, Crows.

I don't think it's a coincidence, which is why I'd play Hampson.

Horses for courses, we got Hampson because Ivan struggles on the athletic 200+ types. We always play catchup against North, frustrating watching the North midfield get first hands on it every time we play.

The club has a big decision to make, do we concede the ruck contest at selection and simply attempt to second guess/rove to the opposition rucks, or do we bring Hampson in and try to neutralise not?

One-eyed Tiger said:

Horses for courses, we got Hampson because Ivan struggles on the athletic 200+ types. We always play catchup against North, frustrating watching the North midfield get first hands on it every time we play.

The club has a big decision to make, do we concede the ruck contest at selection and simply attempt to second guess/rove to the opposition rucks, or do we bring Hampson in and try to neutralise not?

the second guessing worked well against Freo in Perth - just think Hampson experiment worked well against Carlton and for a half against Freo before he got injured - but I think the risk is to high from here on end - he only plays if Maric gets injured in my view

TigerForce said:
Crows are playing fantastic footy atm TF reckon they may flog the Cats if we lose Friday night .

Ripplestick said:
Nervous now about the Roos game as the dogs will beat brisvegas so win and we get a home final, lose and probably play in Adelaide... what a joke that our home game is at the dome this Friday.

Tigers shud appeal to AFL re this. ie: two games against Norf and neither at our home ground and on Friday the dome would not be big enough for the crowd. Get 50-60 thousand if at the G...

One-eyed Tiger said:

Hampson played against Adelaide because of Jacobs. He had one possession and was monstered.

It was the worst game I remember someone playing since Shaun Hampson played early in the year.