Changes v Hawks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Hawks

Well with Griff & Cellist out The Vicar is definitely in & if The Hammer does not come up McBean a dead cert. Tigers stood up last week & will stand up again this week.

DirtyDogTiger said:
If we play these guys in September

Chaplin grimes b ellis
Vlastuin Rance conca
Lennon Grigg deledio
Knights Vickery Martin
Edwards riewoldt maric
Hampson cotchin miles
Mcintosh Batch C Ellis lambert

In Vickery Conca C Ellis Knights Edwards
Out Griffiths newy hunt Houli lloyd

Vickery in, Griffo out would be a definite.

I guess Corey's surgery keeps Hunt in my best 22

So Newy lloyd Houli out
Knights conca edwards in as soon as possible

Brodders17 said:
i actually hope Hampson is injured just so they cant play he and Maric against the hawks. the hawks backline will have a field day if Maric/Hampson play there.

Me too it would make a difficult decision easy.

Unlikely to happen, but i'd love to see Arnott against the Hawks. If Mitchell, Hodge and Lewis want to play rough, Arnott will accomodate them.
He's had two very good games in a row and got 33 possessions on Saturday.

tigerman said:
Unlikely to happen, but i'd love to see Arnott against the Hawks. If Mitchell, Hodge and Lewis want to play rough, Arnott will accomodate them.

Yep, won't happen.

Brodders17 said:
i actually hope Hampson is injured just so they cant play he and Maric against the hawks. the hawks backline will have a field day if Maric/Hampson play there.
People said similar things about the Freo game, but Hampson getting injured actually affected us and our structure adversely. Prior to that Hampson was more then holding his own in the ruck, in fact Damian Hardwick believes we may have been slightly ahead in the ruck and Ivan had kicked a couple of goals playing more forward.

CarnTheTiges said:
People said similar things about the Freo game, but Hampson getting injured actually affected us and our structure adversely. Prior to that Hampson was more then holding his own in the ruck, in fact Damian Hardwick believes we may have been slightly ahead in the ruck and Ivan had kicked a couple of goals playing more forward.

Agree. I loved watching Hampson jumping over the top of Sandilands and he will do the same to Hale/BB-McEvoy. With a 5 man forward line, if the ball comes quickly Jack and Ivan are really dangerous. If it comes in slowly, it is congested enough for it to not matter that Ivan is on the slow side.

tigerman said:

Agree.

lukeanddad said:
Agree. I loved watching Hampson jumping over the top of Sandilands and he will do the same to Hale/BB-McEvoy. With a 5 man forward line, if the ball comes quickly Jack and Ivan are really dangerous. If it comes in slowly, it is congested enough for it to not matter that Ivan is on the slow side.
And if Hammer comes up and we use Vickery in place of Griffiths he's more likely to make the Hawks pay for his shots at goal.

tigerman said:
Sorry tigerman but I strongly disagree, Arnott plays like a school yard bully, loves the push an shove an that's bout it, throw in the odd late hit, Hodges mental toughness an application at the footy is why hes regarded as one of the best going around, Arnott can't be put anywhere near Lewis an Mitchell in real AFL toughness..... I'll give him one thing his busting his ass to stay on a list ,even thou his playing in a foreign position....very overrated in the hardness category IMHO , he ain't no Byron

It will be Vickery in for Griffiths.
That is all.
Hardwick never does bulk changes and neither should he.
We have won a lot of games the last 10 rounds or so. You do not want to disrupt the team or cause moral issues due to one loss.
Just my 2 cents.

CarnTheTiges said:

it did work against freo for a couple of reasons.
firstly without Hampson there was a chance Sandi wouldve dominated. Maric should hold his own against the hawks rucks
secondly Maric as a forward worked ok because he was against an undersized defender who didnt run off him. Maric took 2 marks for the game and none inside 50. he kicked 2. both from frees i think because his undersized inexperienced defender panicked. against the hawks he will probably get Lake, especially if Frawley returns. he also wasnt punished on the rebound because A) his defender wasnt capable, and B) the game was mostly clogged up, so his lack of pace wasnt exposed, he could be covered by others. he will have neither of these things in his favour against the hawks.
playing Maric and Hampson together would risk allowing their backline a lot of time and space.

CC TIGER said:
Sorry tigerman but I strongly disagree, Arnott plays like a school yard bully, loves the push an shove an that's bout it, throw in the odd late hit, Hodges mental toughness an application at the footy is why hes regarded as one of the best going around, Arnott can't be put anywhere near Lewis an Mitchell in real AFL toughness..... I'll give him one thing his busting his ass to stay on a list ,even thou his playing in a foreign position....very overrated in the hardness category IMHO , he ain't no Byron

In his first preseason, we had an unofficial scratch match against Hawthorn and Arnott shirt-fronted a Hawthorn player. It might be partly coach's orders. If he was selected, Dimma could trust him to lay a massive hit or two and cop the suspension, but he'd need to be instructed beforehand if his role specifically was to intimidate.

CC TIGER said:

Ohh, yeah, ok CC TIGER. I really want to see someone stick it up the Hawks though, Mitchell especially.