Changes v Hawks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Hawks

Hard to follow Hardwick's selection policy he's wanted to play 3 talls all year in the forward line and when he gets the opportunity he brings inConca who had 28 possessions last week in a ordinary effort a lot of junk sideways kicks He has a major flaw going back to his soccer days he always looks sideways or backwards where he gets the ball

Tigers of Old said:
That looks about right to me and rightly fairly conservative.
No McBean as I expected. Not the time to bring him in against the mobile Hawk defenders.
Good luck to Conca.

Agree ToO - they have been getting the selections pretty spot on lately

Daigoro said:
our best performances by miles have been with three tall structure. All bean needs is the opportunity that Lloyd has been given.

And he'll be given a chance against a much more appropriate option than Hawthorn. But let's be honest, without Reiwoldt, our 3-pronged tall forward line would be crap. A few times this year the 3rd tall has been a passenger. Our success has not been our firepower kicking goals but our excellent defence. We havent kicked 100 points since Round 7 and that was 105 and the only 100+ when playing 3 talls. We're 13th for average goals kicked per game this year.

Dea Thomas foley are the only guys (non first year) who haven't played.
5 x 1st year players haven't played: short Castagna butler McKenzie soldo
Arnott Petterd drummond (1game each) are the only guys who haven't played in a win.

Hope Conca is fully fit to play out an entire game. Even if he is made sub, if we cop an early injury he'd need to be able to play out the majority of the match.

Rancey18 said:
Hope Conca is fully fit to play out an entire game. Even if he is made sub, if we cop an early injury he'd need to be able to play out the majority of the match.
Fitness crew usually put a power of work into the players before they can come back from long term injuries. After that it becomes an issue of match hardness n managing them through fatigue late in games.
Concareter has had a couple of managed games back apparently without issues, so now it's simply a matter of fingers crossed n play. They're elite athletes n pushed to the edge of what's physically capable, some just roll on n on, while some just keep twanging. Can only hope Reecey finally starts to get on a roll.

Side selected for wind and rain.

As much as I hate to say it, three talls might be fanciful at the G.

Vickery will relieve Ivan in the ruck.

I think we'll play a high press like we did last week.

Territory football is effective in the wet.

We can knock over this mob.

Carter said:

Forecast is for neither rain nor much wind.

Carter said:

Forecast is fine and 14 degrees and only a possible morning shower.

But yes we can beat them, I think we are an excellent chance.

The Mole said:
Forecast is for neither rain nor much wind.

Wind won't lag till after game. Have a feeling the pill will be hard to handle too.

nikolasmia said:
sounds like conca and Vickery in for Hampson and Griff

Will they do Menadue/McBean for LLoyd is the question.

I hope they do, but I doubt it

There's no way in the world they pick them two for the game.

TigerForce said:
Round 18 Team

B: Dylan Grimes, Jake Batchelor, Alex Rance
HB: Bachar Houli, Nick Vlastuin, Troy Chaplin
C: Brandon Ellis, Trent Cotchin, Kamdyn McIntosh
HF: Dustin Martin, Ben Lennon, Anthony Miles
F: Jack Riewoldt, Brett Deledio, Ty Vickery
R: Ivan Maric, Shaun Grigg, Taylor Hunt
IC: Chris Newman, Kane Lambert, Reece Conca, Sam Lloyd
Em: Liam McBean, Connor Menadue, Steven Morris

In: Ty Vickery, Reece Conca
Out: Shaun Hampson (ankle), Ben Griffiths (finger)

Had a funny feeling Vickery and Conca would come straight in

Carter said:
Wind won't lag till after game. Have a feeling the pill will be hard to handle too.

Like the wet that drove everyone's focus pre the Freo game. Let's leave the weather prognostications to the BoM and concentrate on our area of expertise, the RFC.

We need to have our best game for the year to win.

We played a blinder in the 1st Q agin freo in WA and in the 2nd half agin the swans. Last week played solid footy with the rub of the green going against us agin freo, same agin West Coast.

Combine most of our best players having a blinder, playing out most of the game and the chips falling our way and we will win.

Thats a lot of things that need to align.

We are due, it hasnt all fallen into place since we last beat them. Since then we have only seen it all click in patches. Game plan and structure along with the side maturing has gotten us this far. Could be the moment where it all comes together.

tigerdave said:
Tiges in a nailbiter.

Dusty BOG!

There has been a saying in the past. "If they win I will bare my bum in Myers Bourke Street window." No for me I might add. Would not want to get the passing females to get that excited!!

Righto so now that BoM have improved their forecast ;D you wonder why we're going in with just the two KPFs.

The extra mid could be to help win stoppages. I still think we're gonna press hard, try and beat Hawthorn at their own game.

Very, very hard to do.

If we come out to play, we get the 4 points, we at the very least take the game to the death.. If we are 5% off, the hawks (playing at their best) will be 2 goals better a quarter - 8 goal loss !!!

Have not lost in our indigenous or away strip this year... let that continue tonight!