Changes v Hawks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Hawks

tempany14 said:
For those calling for the inclusion of McBean because he adds a touch of class I'm a little perplexed he's shown very little in the game time he has had to date
That said griff was poor testify and looked half paced may be McBean will show a bit more spirit in this his 3rd recall

griff came in cold after a few weeks injured also against a quality defensive side

tempany14 said:
For those calling for the inclusion of McBean because he adds a touch of class I'm a little perplexed he's shown very little in the game time he has had to date
That said griff was poor testify and looked half paced may be McBean will show a bit more spirit in this his 3rd recall

Had 16 possessions in 6 quarters of footy. Not a large sample.

Kicked 104 goals in 41 games at VFL level though.

Also check the first 10 minutes of the second quarter against Pies when our run of good form began.

We are up against it against the Hawks especially without Shed. Beanie and CEllis must come in to add that class and finishing quality.

Cant see Conca coming in hes played 3/4 this week and has played pretty much no footy this season thus far and has had a similar layoff to Knights similar injury also IIRC. Reece is going to need more time in the twos at least another full game.

Pressure will be intensified on the 22 out on the park these next two weeks as Edwards Knights and Conca will be ready to take the field in the run to September.

A bad loss to the Hawks and some poor performances could be very untimely and very costly for one or two.

tigerdave said:
Hampson out for Vickery.

That wil be the only change unfortunately.

Why unfortunately? Who is beating the door down to come in?

Houli's error was unforgivable but no way he's dropped. Hunt maybe but for who? Dea? Colour me skeptical of his VFL form.

Lloyd? Played well when he came on. Newy? Probably his best game for the season. Lambert? Ditto.

Conca? Lack of fitness. Knights same. C. Ellis? Maybe but for who?

McDonough? Fat. Morris? Hack.

crackertiger said:
I would play Conca as the sub. He was 3 classes above all others yesterday. Why waste him at that level.

Needs match fitness Crack my man.

Reece has played less than half the games than Knights has this year and has had same lay off for same injury with a history of bad hamstrings.

He cant possibly be back next week id be stunned if he was recalled.

Conca needs game time at the VFL theres no rush Edwrads Conca and Knights all can have a major say in how the Tigers season finishes up best to have them running on all cylinders for the business end.

St Kevin said:
Why unfortunately? Who is beating the door down to come in?

Houli's error was unforgivable but no way he's dropped. Hunt maybe but for who? Dea? Colour me skeptical of his VFL form.

Lloyd? Played well when he came on. Newy? Probably his best game for the season. Lambert? Ditto.

Conca? Lack of fitness. Knights same. C. Ellis? Maybe but for who?

McDonough? Fat. Morris? Hack.

Dea has to be unlucky not to get a game.Hasn't done much wrong in the 2's.

Conca getting back to form and musn't be far away surely.

Corey Ellis will be a jet.Another worth looking at.

Hunt turns it over to often and costs us goals!

tigerdave said:
Dea has to be unlucky not to get a game.Hasn't done much wrong in the 2's.

Conca getting back to form and musn't be far away surely.

Corey Ellis will be a jet.Another worth looking at.

Hunt turns it over to often and costs us goals!

Agree on Ellis. But whose spot does he realistically take? Lambert certainly ahead atm.

Conca should be kept in cotton wool. More VFL mileage needed.

I'd almost rather Morris at back pocket than Hunt and Dea.

One thing that really irks me with dimma is he wont make changes on some players even if they turn it over more than not, i am a bacher fan but he and hunt surely need their positions tested with others ie: Dea and even try arnot in a back half role.....Hunt blanketed walters and gave us good run but he turned it over 4 times and they scored 1 goal 3 behinds.....Bacher made some blunders too and cost us 3 goals....
This should not be tolerated if we aspire to be great we are good now and happy with our structures and overall pressure but turnovers are undoing a lot of the good work....

Griffiths out for 2 weeks straight back in, he isnt the best shot at goal only 9 possies and 2 points not good enough, Mcbean seriously underrated he runs to the right spots, very skillful and really believe he can offer more as a fwd than Griffiths at this present time...

Outs: Griffiths, hampson (inj) think that will be it but if theirs a 3rd out it will most likely be Lloyd.
Ins: Vickery, Mcbean and either of Conca/Ellis/Arnot

St Kevin said:
Agree on Ellis. But whose spot does he realistically take? Lambert certainly ahead atm.

Conca should be kept in cotton wool. More VFL mileage needed.

I'd almost rather Morris at back pocket than Hunt and Dea.

Surely it wouldn't hurt to give Dea a game.

We've seen how bad Hunt and Morris are.

Give Dea a chance and then draw conclusions.

Ellis in for Lloyd as the sub.

McBean for Griffiths.

Vickery for Hampson.

Conca still needs another two full AFL games. Get Ellis capable of playing a full game, bring Conca in as the sub.

craig said:
Conca needs game time at the VFL theres no rush Edwrads Conca and Knights all can have a major say in how the Tigers season finishes up best to have them running on all cylinders for the business end.
Yep, need to get some miles n match hardness into Conca, Knights, C Ellis n Shedda on both legs running into the last three or four rounds plus whatever finals we manage to grab. Definitely bolsters the capability of the team if we can get this lot up n running strong.

Can't believe people are calling for Arnot to come back in. Like McDonough (from what I've seen and having seen much in the VFL) doesn't have the endurance to get to contest to contest.

Where did Conca play in the VFL? He's a strange one IMO as I'm not sure what his best position is. He's tough and pretty good inside but he has no pace and therefore why he has been kicking less and less over the last few years. I think he's a good kick and maybe we are misusing him in the guts. Would be a pretty good half back in the same mould as Vlastuin but can we play both there when neither has great pace? Not sure.

Our squad will look really strong in a few weeks when we can add C Ellis, Knights and Titch to our current team. I think we need to give McBean another shot potentially next week as whilst I really like Griff he needs to find out why he misses so many shots. Whilst a run of 12.12 doesn't seem too bad, we obviously know where he has missed them from and IMO taking into account where he's kicked from should probably be more like 19.5 or something along that line.

IMO

Ins Vickery, McBean
Out Hampson (inj) and Griffiths

WesternTiger said:
Out: Hampster and Lloyd
In: Vickery and Ellis

Would even consider Beano for Griff.

My thoughts as well SCOOP 24 hours ago. Need to stretch the Hawks defence and Ellis is wasted in the VFL.

SCOOP said:
Ellis in for Lloyd as the sub.

McBean for Griffiths.

Vickery for Hampson.

Conca still needs another two full AFL games. Get Ellis capable of playing a full game, bring Conca in as the sub.

I thought Lloyd was alright Scooper but I wouldn't have a problem with Beanie coming in.

Vickery's a monty to come back for Hampson.

Hunt has to go imo!

craig said:
Cant see Conca coming in hes played 3/4 this week and has played pretty much no footy this season thus far and has had a similar layoff to Knights similar injury also IIRC. Reece is going to need more time in the twos at least another full game

Why not. Newman was back in quickly