Changes v Hawks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Hawks

69 vintage said:
How the hell do we win this week ?
I can't see us matching it with them , maybe just take our medicine and do a Ross Lyon and rest all our guns for Adelaide game .
Play a 9 man backline jam it up and hopefully only go down by 4-5 goals .
I can't see a way we can win this in a conventional way maybe a wallace keeping off game like we did against the crows years ago .
Disagree. Can't go in with that approach. Need to have a real crack at it. If we get trounced, so be it. You learn from these games.

As for changes, Hampson looks out, Griffiths doesn't look fit either. I think we rushed him back.

Vickery for Hampson, and maybe Beany for Griff (let him get right).

Would like Hunt gone to the VFL. Give Dea a go.

Wouldn't look at C. Ellis, Conca or Knights for another week or two. Let em get a bit more match hardened.

lamb22 said:
Out

Griff, Houli, Hampson (inj) Hunt. Newman

In

Vickery, Mcbean, CEllis, Conca, Dea

I don't think we will see Newman dropped seeing as he played his best game in what seems like forever even though it would be a fitting end.
If Hardwick won't drop him when he plays poorly he sure won't when he plays well.

One of Houli or Hunt will make way. My guess is the later.
That said, can see McBean and Vickery coming in. Conca too.

Tigers of Old said:
I don't think we will see Newman dropped seeing as he played his best game in what seems like forever even though it would be a fitting end.
If Hardwick won't drop him when he plays poorly he sure won't when he plays well.

One of Houli or Hunt will make way. My guess is the later.
That said, can see McBean and Vickery coming in. Conca too.

Vickery for Hampson is a certainty

Conca is getting close - I could see him as the sub
C Ellis is also close

They both looked sharp yesterday

It was a pity Llyod didn't take his chances - you expect those players to not get a heap of the ball, but when they do they make them count - he didn't.

This is our best test for our back 6 - looking forward to seeing how they stand up.

If the Hawks have a weakness it's their defence.

Vickery and McBean in for Hampson and Griffiths, Conca for Lloyd and would like to see Dea for Hunt.

year of the tiger said:
Vickery for Hampson is a certainty

Conca is getting close - I could see him as the sub
C Ellis is also close

They both looked sharp yesterday

It was a pity Llyod didn't take his chances - you expect those players to not get a heap of the ball, but when they do they make them count - he didn't.

This is our best test for our back 6 - looking forward to

If Hampson's ankle doesn't come up then he has to go for Vickery and even if it is okay, then Vickery still needs to be in the side at the expense of someone else. Hunt has to go. Dea would fit right in. Everyone else is safe I believe. God, I wish Shane Edwards was available. Him in the side could very well have won the game yesterday.

Tigers of Old said:
In: Conca, Vickery
Out: Hunt, Hampson

Bingo, boing, bango... McBean would have to be in consideration as well, in for Griffiths. While I am all for staying positive on players, sometimes I reckon the 'men' on the team need a "mate, that was a *smile* poor effort. Time to go back to the VFL and work on this area of your game for a couple..."

With Knights getting brought back very gently, he shouldn't be in the 1sts for a couple more weeks, all going well.

No way Conca is ready he hasn't played a full game all year get him match fit in the two's at least two full games before he's ready.
Don't want him put under more pressure than he's ready for with those dodgy hammies .
The gulf between AFL -VFL has never been greater watching both games yesterday only highlights it for me

Dont care as long as Hunt never plays in a Richmond jumper again. Has been putrid for 14 weeks straight.

Why cant the selection committee see hes a liability???

Hunt as sub

McBean in for lloyde

Vickery for Hampson

I'd really like to see vickery given the first ruck role with marich given a rest and dea given a go.

In : goal kicking practice and kicking clutch goals
Out: missing those opportunities in front of goals.

Houli stays for mine. He owes his team mates big time - starting this week.

I've had a change of mind regarding Hunt and unlike a lot on here I thought he was solid on Walters - he's stays too. I don't think you can bring in Dea against the Hawks and expect top output. But over the next 5 games I'd like to see Dea get at least 3. Gives us another option going into finals.

I thought playing Griffiths without a stretch in the magoos was a mistake. I think that was validated too - judging by his form the longer the game progressed. But now that he's had a run at the senior level he stays too. Hopefully McBean, like Dea, gets his chances in the coming weeks.

Newman stays - he didn't get heaps of it but what he did do was absolutely top shelf. Especially at times when it looked like we could have fallen away.

Lloyd stays - he'll be better this week for the hit out. He might snag his few which would be a really important contribution.

Vickery in for Hampson.

Looking forward to Edwards, Conca and Ellis being available. And the Hampster too.

Ok We know there wont be 5 changes but on what they showed yesterday Griffiths and Houli must be dropped. They were the only ones that were uncompetitive most of the day.

If Hampson is out in comes Vickery straight swap.

Corey Ellis and Mcbean MUST come in to add class and polish to the side.

I'd be tempted even to play Ellis as a straight swap for Houli although he would be more value wing and half forward. His distribution is in a different stratasphere to Houli's.

Lloyd actually was very good and dangerous in finding teh footy except his kicking and decision making was poor but that is more of a result of him trying to nail a spot in the team in a half of football. He would have nailed most of those goals or passes if he was an established player and more relaxed in his role.

Hunt again diabolical at times but did his defensive work very well . Structurally he stays.

Chris also did Ok although the time of reckoning is near.

Conca is close to ready and a smokey is Arnot who played a very curiously effective game at VFL level to go with 33 touches. It may just have clicked with him.

Out if injured hampson griff. Loyd dropped
In vickery, mcbean, conca or ellis

lamb22 said:
Ok We know there wont be 5 changes but on what they showed yesterday Griffiths and Houli must be dropped. They were the only ones that were uncompetitive most of the day.

If Hampson is out in comes Vickery straight swap.

Corey Ellis and Mcbean MUST come in to add class and polish to the side.

I'd be tempted even to play Ellis as a straight swap for Houli although he would be more value wing and half forward. His distribution is in a different stratasphere to Houli's.

Lloyd actually was very good and dangerous in finding teh footy except his kicking and decision making was poor but that is more of a result of him trying to nail a spot in the team in a half of football. He would have nailed most of those goals or passes if he was an established player and more relaxed in his role.

Hunt again diabolical at times but did his defensive work very well . Structurally he stays.

Chris also did Ok although the time of reckoning is near.

Conca is close to ready and a smokey is Arnot who played a very curiously effective game at VFL level to go with 33 touches. It may just have clicked with him.

I see your point but we lost to ladder leaders by 4 points after leading all day. No need for mass changes.

For those calling for the inclusion of McBean because he adds a touch of class I'm a little perplexed he's shown very little in the game time he has had to date
That said griff was poor testify and looked half paced may be McBean will show a bit more spirit in this his 3rd recall

SkillzThatKillz said:
Fingers crossed Gibson gets suspended.

I'll be livid if he isn't! Has form for this type of gut-punching and has been getting away with fines. What a joke! This time he has really wound up and delivered a 'heavy impact' blow. After TV copped two weeks for a block that went wrong unintentionally, partly due to Jamieson's lack of awareness (thought it deserved one for negligence). Buddy only got one in the end for running straight past the ball to crunch into Edward's head. Fyffe got another fine only for head contact with a mis-cued spoil (similar to TV in head-hit), so he could play against us, but no TV!
Meanwhile still not happy with how Titch got his broken leg. To me, Bell clearly tried to kick the ball from behind Edwards who, by contrast, was trying to pick it up. I call that 'kicking,' and weak. Don't tell me it was a toe-poke!! It cracked his fibula. MRP are a complete joke for mine. Despite years or precedents, they cannot make consistent decisions. Just watch Gibson get a $500 higher fine ... so he can play against us.