Changes v Freo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Freo

Apparently McBean retorted that he'd prefer to kick his AFL-standard goals for an AFL-standard coach.

I expect that wherever he was at 9:09 pm, Clarke physically recoiled from the force of that comprehensive owning.

mld said:
I expect that wherever he was at 9:09 pm, Clarke physically recoiled from the force of that comprehensive owning.

ha ha ha ha... I'm calling that as Gold! :clap

antman said:
:hihi

Fair call K3

I was actually interested in why you thought he was mate. As I now live up north I only get to watch VFL on the tellie (rarely) as well as going off what I read here. Neither a great indicator of much... ha ha :hihi

K3 said:
I was actually interested in why you thought he was mate. As I now live up north I only get to watch VFL on the tellie (rarely) as well as going off what I read here. Neither a great indicator of much... ha ha :hihi

You did see I wrote "chump" after grade-a right? Just checking....

St Kilda flogged us in the air for spells last week. So we kept Ivan on. We shouldn't have. He was a liability for most of the match. His positioning was usually horrendous. Either we were trying to hide him or he was trying to hide himself.

Hampson was second up after a month off injured. He'll be fitter. Griffiths has been off a long time. He won't be fit even if he comes up and he probably won't. He's our structure, the one who frees Jack to ruck rove. (We miss that.)

Do we have a tall who is sound and match fit to promote? McJesus must be close. 'AFL class goals.' He'll be promoted.

AFL standard goals are definitely not outrageous snaps out of congestion, nor dribblers from the boundary line, nor left or right foot bananas on the run and definitely no crumbing goals for anyone over 180cm.

So sayeth Dr Zaiis (sorry so sayeth Handbrake, Clarke and Dawe (Bailey)

Dyer'ere said:
Do we have a tall who is sound and match fit to promote? McJesus must be close. 'AFL class goals.' He'll be promoted.

If he is he'd want to be careful. A bag of three VFL-standard goals and he'll be straight back to the magoos.

Hardwick's said cHampson will definitely play but Maric may not! Griffiths up for selections too.

We can't play all three, particularly if the forecast of rain is accurate.

They'd want to be sure Griff's shoulder is 100% because it will be a bruising affair.

Agree.
If the Forecast changes for Saturdays game we can't go with Maric, Hampson and Griff( especially with a question mark over his shoulder). Don't want to be down one if Griff gets injured early. If that's the case maybe McBean comes in? Maric vs Hampson. I would pick Hampson against Sandilands as much as I love the warrior Maric.

Out- Maric
In- McBean or Griffiths

I would look at Gordon and Newman but I know Dimma may not.

So possibly one change only.

It's going to be a tough, contested, stoppage game.

antman said:
You did see I wrote "chump" after grade-a right? Just checking....

Nope, didn't actually. The site's colour scheme isn't great for dyslexics. :)

K3 said:
Nope, didn't actually. The site's colour scheme isn't great for dyslexics. :)

Yeah I don't use the standard site colours for the readability reason..

Having said that I was being flippant. Dimma's not a chump and I don't reckon Clark is either.

Take a look at this thread for example.. On one hand Clark kills beano's will to live, on the other Beano is still kicking bags and learning how to ruck, play defence and is becoming a better all round player. Also consider how many players have stepped up from the VFL team and done well this year. If Clark was truly a chump I don't reckon that would happen.

Even this week he's given Beano a huge wrap and basically said "pick him Dimma" and he still cops a hiding... Even though an amusing one.

Tigers of Old said:
We've been wiinning ugly but have we really been playing well.
The next 2 weeks will tell us plenty.
My sense is we're undermanned right now.

Agree ToO

Although Freo have injury and form issues also...

Regardless of this week unless we see a massive improvement from what i have seen from the hawks last few weeks we will get sliced up by them, they have been awesome!

We have generally match dup well against Hawthorn, except last April when we were in awful form. The team is quite different now to that day:

B Chris Newman, David Astbury, Dylan Grimes
HB Nathan Gordon, Troy Chaplin, Steven Morris
C Shaun Grigg, Daniel Jackson, Reece Conca
HF Dustin Martin, Ricky Petterd, Matthew Arnot
F Nick Vlastuin, Jack Riewoldt, Ben Griffiths
FOL Shaun Hampson, Brandon Ellis, Trent Cotchin
I/C Shane Edwards, Bachar Houli, Sam Lloyd
SUB Matt McDonough

We were missing Rance, Deledio, Maric and Vickery, and IIRC Cotchin had a dodgy knee and Miles was still a rookie.