Changes v Freo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Freo

joegarra said:
I reckon Maric may be a late withdrawal if it's wet, and I don't get the love for McDonough - reminds me a bit of Banik - short and heavy.

Dimma doesn't do late withdrawals.

Feel sorry for McDonough, but Lloyd has been in good form and we need some more scoring options.

Haven't dug back beyond this page, has anyone made the eternally hilarious 'out Tivendale in Hyde' call?

mld said:
I reckon we are missing Shane shank Edwards more.

agree. this 'tinkering' they are doing has been forced upon them because Sheds is very hard to replace.
Lloyd? may be a good idea if its wet. Griff will always get a gig before McBean at this point.
MattyMcD needed to step up a bit more last week, Lennon did and look whats happened.

Weak bench. Let's hope the top end talent get the job done.

all clubs needs to cover injuries. The border line players must deliver with Edwards, Knights and Conca back soon. Add to that Ty available next week. Let's hope for a solid tiger win to create even more selection headaches.

If wet I can see Thomas come in for Lennon. I don't think has the hands for wet weather just a little two touch / fumbly for mine at the moment

Wait and see

Tiger Pops said:
Weak bench. Let's hope the top end talent get the job done.

If wet I can see Thomas come in for Lennon. I don't think has the hands for wet weather just a little two touch / fumbly for mine at the moment

Wait and see
Thomas may be able to extract the pill out has absolutely no idea what to do with once it is in his hands plus his kicking is poor. Currently I don't overrate Lennon ATM but he has some idea how to use it and can kick

Ok with the team. If it rains maybe McDonough or Thomas will come in.

Hard to pick a sub, if no changes I guess one of Lloyd or Newman. I'd be surprised if it was Lennon as I thought he was good last week.

mrposhman said:
Hard to pick a sub, if no changes I guess one of Lloyd or Newman. I'd be surprised if it was Lennon as I thought he was good last week.
Might be more likely that they run the Griffinator as the sub. If it's a tad wet it would be wiser to keep all the small mediums available to run as necessary. With both Ivvy n Hamster selected, we may be a bit cumbersome rotating them through ruck n forward. Griff being a fair bit more mobile n better as a forward while still being able to support the ruck, could be a valuable option if the two ruckmen trick doesn't work.

If you look at the FREO teams height
They've got one less big guy than us

Hammer Rance chaplin Maric riewoldt Griffiths
Sandi. Pavlich taberner Griffen McPharlin A Pearce

It just leaves grimes to play on a small, and he runs like a midfielder anyway.

But heights not the full story - I've seen little guys out mark talls before.
Ballantyne kicked 6 against us last year. He's not a big tall forward.
Mayne would love to do it this weekend.

DirtyDogTiger said:

Hammer Rance chaplin Maric riewoldt
Sandi. Pavlich taberner Griffen McPharlin

Don't forget the Griff of the tiger variety - I am expecting (a hunch) for a late change if the weather is wet - small for a big.

DirtyDogTiger said:

Hammer Rance chaplin Maric riewoldt
Sandi. Pavlich taberner Griffen McPharlin

Alex Pearce says hi