Changes v Freo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Freo

waiting said:
It's going to be wet tonight- rain forecast but tomorrow it looks like fine 13.

On that basis I would play all 3 but leave use Griff as a permanent forward and use interchange rotations with Maric/Hampson and then sub one of them at 3/4 time and bring our sub one, say Lloyd and hope he can snag one or two goals. I would use our two ruck men in 10 min bursts. Wear Sandilands out. Instruct them to crash and bash into him at every opportunity.

If they are bringing two ruck men lets not rely on either Maric/Hampson rucking all game and taking Griff away from our forward structure. Will be easier for Freo if we have Jack as a focal point as most entries will be directed at Jack and they will structure easy to counter that.

Lennon, Jack, rotating mid
Deleido, Griff, rotating 2 mid

Then having lumbering ruck men rotating through there.
That's my reasoning !

both rucks will play most of the game, until one is hopefully subbed off.
no team rests their ruckmen on the bench much. it would effect the rotations of running players too much.

Worst case scenario we have our 2 rucks basically competing against each other, Ty to come back in next week. Good position to be in

Why does it affect rotations?

No club does it?

Effects our rotations by what 1-2 a quarter for 3/4 then sub the one not doing as well.

Mid rotations- rest one at F/F .

Doesn't impact that much if either go at it for 10-12 mins then rests and the other one comes on!

Better than having either one forward. The ball gets run out too easy otherwise. Let's be different to the norm.
Run their rucks into the ground by bashing them for 10-12 mins then another ruck comes on and does the same. Doesn't effect rotations that much is my reasoning.

But I'm only an Internet Guru who hasn't played at the highest level or in the modern era and doesn't watch/ go to AFL/Tiger games!

French Tiger said:
Freo are playing Griffen as well, we are playing 2 ruckman also. Griff as permanent forward, have Freo lost it at the selection table also ?

Ross is a poor match day coach. Got soundly showed up by the worst coach in the comp last time we played. Their supporters must be furious that all the other clubs have gone past them!

Leysy Days said:
Leysy wouldn't ever have Thomas on the list, but if you do, and you are ever going to play him - it is against Fremantle on a wet MCG.
whether he should be on the list is a different issue I agree. I suspect he won't be in 2016.

i probably would've delisted Thomas last year, but not fussed. i would think tho he would be most use if we were ever missing say Cotchin and Miles at the same time. not just as an extra inside mid on a wet day.

play two rucks everywhere but centre bounce. One the designated wrestler, the other as the third man up.

Brodders17 said:
i probably would've delisted Thomas last year, but not fussed. i would think tho he would be most use if we were ever missing say Cotchin and Miles at the same time. not just as an extra inside mid on a wet day.

He can be OK on a wet day but why would you ever replace quality like Cotchin and Miles with a 4th rater like Thomas. You'd try every other option first Lids, Martin, Grigg, Foley, Lambert, Shed, Conca even Madonna and your wingers before the horror of Thomas would be unleashed.

It's an interesting strategy. Been lots of commentary in media, on here, etc on Sandilands dominance last time we played but not much on the fact we actually dominated Freo regardless of this. Flogged in the clearances but they could not handle our tall forward creativity up front. It's probably the game in which our 3 tall forward structure has worked the best. Griffiths and Vickery in particular dominated early which set up the win. I would've played McBean next to Griffiths and Riewoldt with Griffiths helping Hampson in the ruck to try and replicate that winning formula.

Going in two men down with Newman & Griff. Be interesting to see their post match stats.

Brodders17 said:

Are we talking about tomorrow's game? Forecast is chance of showers, I don't call that wet. Blustery strong winds might be more of a factor.