Changes v Freo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Freo

Being reported Fyfe training away from main group with huge strapping on his quad from a Corky, Lee Spurr also training away from main group

Looks like a difficult choice on who comes in due to a wet night even though it's twilight start to the game.

Tigertough1974 said:
Agree ToO

Although Freo have injury and form issues also...

Regardless of this week unless we see a massive improvement from what i have seen from the hawks last few weeks we will get sliced up by them, they have been awesome!
Agree with all that, one plus for us is that Freo won't have that little rat Ballantyne on the field against us.

CarnTheTiges said:
Agree with all that, one plus for us is that Freo won't have that little rat Ballantyne on the field against us.

Potentially no Fyfe or Spurr either.

If Griff is fit, I think we need only one of Ivvy or Hampson. On form it's Hampson.

Tigertough1974 said:
Being reported Fyfe training away from main group with huge strapping on his quad from a Corky, Lee Spurr also training away from main group

Had scans earlier in the week, haven't heard anything since. Prob best to rest him I would think :p

St Kevin said:
Potentially no Fyfe or Spurr either.

If Griff is fit, I think we need only one of Ivvy or Hampson. On form it's Hampson.
Given the predicted wet weather, we're probably better going in shorter than taller and at present Hampson competes better on an athletic level against Sandilands than Ivan, although I don't have Ivan dead and buried like plenty others here seem to.

Although Hammer has shown a bit over the past 2 weeks, he is still just as slow as Ivan at ground level, isn't overly good at shooting for goal, and is unreliable in the marking department.......one could argue that Ivan could also fit that description at the moment....However, Ivan has that ever so fearing presence that give our younger and smaller guys a HUGE boost.....that's something that the Hammer doesn't have

I hope we bring in at least one genuine key forward this week. Griffiths and McBean are both fit. Not Jack + 2 lumbering rucks who offer nothing forward.

“@AFL_PKeane: Full rd17 teams named
Rich v Frem;
Griffiths, Lloyd in for Gordon, McDonough.
C Pearce in for Ballantyne.”

Ugh, why drop Madonna?

Tigertool said:
“@AFL_PKeane: Full rd17 teams named
Rich v Frem;
Griffiths, Lloyd in for Gordon, McDonough.
C Pearce in for Ballantyne.”

Ugh, why drop Madonna?

Lloyd has been doing well in the VFL and the wet weather will bring other's speed down to his level. With this natural 'forwardness' I think he is a good inclusion and offers more up front than Gordon. As for McDonough, bugger...

If the forecast doesn't improve then surely Thomas would bea chance to come in for one of the talls. Maric and Hampson in the wet doesn't seem right.

Why lloyd instead of McBean ?
McBean is taller, faster, tackles more, takes more marks, crumbs more goals, kicks more goals in total, and has more influence on games.

B: Grimes, Batchelor, Rance
HB: Houli, Vlastuin, Chaplin
C: Ellis, Cotchin, McIntosh
HF: Martin, Hampson, Miles
F: Riewoldt, Deledio, Griffiths
R: Maric, Grigg, Hunt
IC: Newman, Lambert, Lennon, Lloyd
Em: Dea, Thomas, McDonough

In: Griffiths, Lloyd
Out: Gordon (omitted), McDonough (omitted)

Madonna's gonna leave I reckon. He doesn't seem to suit Dimma's expectations. Why drop him on a wet night?

Ivan and Hampo together?

Coburgtiger said:
Why lloyd instead of McBean ?
McBean is taller, faster, tackles more, takes more marks, crumbs more goals, kicks more goals in total, and has more influence on games.

Yes he's super bean..... :hihi

I reckon Maric may be a late withdrawal if it's wet, and I don't get the love for McDonough - reminds me a bit of Banik - short and heavy.