Changes Rd 13 v Sydney | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes Rd 13 v Sydney

Carter said:
There is no empirical basis at all, ToO.

I just don't like Vickery and Griffiths in the same 22.

Too much scope for walks in the park, cups of tea, gazing at seagulls while there is a game on.

In all seriousness, I reckon Vickery and Griff play similar roles and upset the balance of the side.

McBean offers something different to Jack and these two.

We haven't gone wrong with him in the team so far eh?

And finally - if Newmo gets a call up you can throw VFL form out the *smile*' window as a basis for selection at Punt Rd ;D

I do like the way he leads at the ball.
Maybe if we play Vickery as first ruck? Which I'm not altogether comfortable with at all.

Sydney have played 4 talls - Buddy, Tippett, Goodes and Reid. It works as long as each is versatile, not statues.

Griff down back & onto Goodes where he might learn from Goodes how to consistently play up forward. Have him kick in instead of Muesli & get him to bomb it over the centre everytime.

Just watched 30 minute thriller, tiges v swans r23 last year.

Goodes wonders why he gets booed? 2nd last play of the game, ball bombed forward for swans, Goodes come through with a flying elbow and just misses Batchelors head.

wayne said:
Just watched 30 minute thriller, tiges v swans r23 last year.

Goodes wonders why he gets booed? 2nd last play of the game, ball bombed forward for swans, Goodes come through with a flying elbow and just misses Batchelors head.

A banana a day keeps the Aussie Day medal away!

Corey Ellis to miss a couple weeks with his hip flexer injury and Connor Menadue won't be suited byt the SCG.
So in will be Gordon & Lennon.

Tigaman said:
Griff down back & onto Goodes where he might learn from Goodes how to consistently play up forward. Have him kick in instead of Muesli & get him to bomb it over the centre everytime.

Griff can't keep up, will get run around stupid. It's forward or bust.

The latest team according to The Footy Show:

B: Grimes, Batchelor, Chaplin
HB: Edwards, Rance, Houli
C: B Ellis, Deledio, McIntosh
HF: Morris, Vickery, Martin
F: Griffiths, Riewoldt, Cotchin
R: Maric, Hunt, Grigg
INT: Miles, Vlaustin, Menadue, Newman, Dea, Gordon, McBean, McDonough, Elton.

Given the team selection criteria of the past Petterd and Newman in (because despite the fact Petterd hasn't played in 12 weeks he is still a better chance to get selected than Madonna) and Ellis and Menadue out

TigerForce said:
The latest team according to The Footy Show:

B: Grimes, Batchelor, Chaplin
HB: Edwards, Rance, Houli
C: B Ellis, Deledio, McIntosh
HF: Morris, Vickery, Martin
F: Griffiths, Riewoldt, Cotchin
R: Maric, Hunt, Grigg
INT: Miles, Vlaustin, Menadue, Newman, Dea, Gordon, McBean, McDonough, Elton.

Maybe I've missed something on this thread, but really puzzled why Lambert not in; can only be for needing more game time in VFL coming back from injury. But thought 28 poss in 3 qts last week was a standout, plus if you look at the highlights, sets up a top goal for McD from middle and kicked a great snap from the pocket too. Just what we really need. However hope McD plays with Gordon to replace Menadue as sub. Want someone there who is going to get it at least 8-10 times and can be a hard-runner who can score. Love Menadue but he's such a skinny kid who's probably due to head back to VFL and play a full game. Save him for easier opp than Swans, against whom very little outside ball on SCG. Would like to see him protected for next year mostly, maybe put him in for games like GWS & GC, another pre-season chance to put some hard muscle on the 70kg frame. We've already burnt 2 youngsters due to a crap year for injuries but now some senior players getting back.

Teams aren't announced. It's the footy shows guess at the team sheet.

C ellis and menendue won't play.

Newman,Dea, Lambert and Gordon will battle it out for the team sheet.