Changes Rd 13 v Sydney | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes Rd 13 v Sydney

tigertim said:
You know times are tough when Hampson is getting named as an "in"

I was thinking the same.

Seems like only a couple of weeks ago we were traveling well.

Coughlan24 said:
There can't be the one change of Out: C. Ellis In: Newman not after a performance like that you can't accept mediocrity if we want things to change for the good.
Exactly what will happen. If there's another change guess what Menadue will be dropped.
Chaplin FFS, grigg and even maric will survive cause dimma has no balls.

For mine and sensibility:
Astbury for chappy. For ever. Chap never to be seen again!!
Maric for hampson. Can't believe I'm advocating him but maric is so slow and so cumbersome. Where are those marks around the ground he used to pluck. He's dropped massively.
Grigg for any mid avail.

But hello saviour Newman it will be!

As long as Newman can get through the VFL, he'll probably replace C. Ellis, who even if the injury isn't serious, would be better to be cautious with. Maybe they can save face by selecting Morris, but making him the sub, and as long as there are no injuries during the game, not actually let him on the park until the last few minutes. I hope the VFL have a good performance and put some heat on the likes of Morris and Hunt.

I'd give Maric a well deserved rest.
But I'd keep the 3 talls structure with Griff/Ty to share the ruck and our Saviour to get another chance.

IN: McBean, Newman
OUT: Eliis (inj), Maric (rested)

its obvious that we should have played hampson in place of maric to negate natanuis amazing hit out work, as this is a real strength of his, i thought if natanui played for tigers despite our slugish efforts, we still would win.

keepa lids onit said:
Exactly what will happen. If there's another change guess what Menadue will be dropped.
Chaplin FFS, grigg and even maric will survive cause dimma has no balls.

For mine and sensibility:
Astbury for chappy. For ever. Chap never to be seen again!!
Maric for hampson. Can't believe I'm advocating him but maric is so slow and so cumbersome. Where are those marks around the ground he used to pluck. He's dropped massively.
Grigg for any mid avail.

But hello saviour Newman it will be!

Astbury is out with a hammy. I think I will back the selectors views over yours.

Brodders17 said:
Astbury is out with a hammy. I think I will back the selectors views over yours.
And he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire before he got dropped. Chaplin had one bad game. Most of the side had a bad game.

I keep saying this but Dimma doesn't make wholesale changes.

Ellis (inj) for Newman.

I think barring injury it will probably be Newman, but I'd prefer him as the sub and give Menedue a full game. He showed some good pace last night and got burnt with a good piece of play where he should have been given a return handball as he was running forward, ball got handballed sideways then turned into a ball-up.

Kamden was quiet and I don't know whether he'll keep his spot. Sydney have got some big bodies and he will be needed for that I would suspect. What was the report on Ty last night - copped another knock during the game.

Amazing how poor our bottom six look when we are a little off our game.

Panic and turnovers and no composure. The worst offenders being Houli and Hunt.

Bullarto Tiger said:
I would happily drop Hunt, Morris, Chaplain and Grigg, but the replacement stocks are damn thin.
The Tigers will need to dig deep next week as I am sure the Swans will be more than keen to take us on.

Just watched the Tigers in the VFL. Nothing there to write home about, they are quite hopeless actually. Can't see anyone of them stepping up and Newman did not do a lot either.

How we miss a LeCras type and how about a Priddis for good measure. They are the type of players we don't have.

4 wins in a row prior to an off night where we went down by 20 pts against a pretty good side. Wouldnt be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. No need for wholesale changes just yet.

Bullarto Tiger said:
Chimp, my issue with grigg has always been that when the pressure really arrives he consistently puts in mediocre efforts and performances. Grigg, in my very humble opinion, is not the sort of player that would ever have an impact in finals because he is not the sort of player that thrives on the "heat in the kitchen". I just can't see any of the top-tier teams ever considering Grigg as a player to complement their lists as they surge towards grand finals. And it is this sort of attitude that must drive the recruiting, training and coaching of the team.
AFL is a bloody ruthless business and the successful teams are only as strong as their weakest links. When I compare the weakest links of the Tiger chain against those chains of the elite teams I see a much shorter chain ... but, then again, maybe I am too pessimistic in my assessments ... yet so many years of mediocrity do provide an astute insight to whether things are a mirage or the reality.

Personally I think there is a lotmof bias in your assessment. Grigg has been excellent this year against strong and weak teams. Even last night he was far from the worst Tiger on the field and he still had an impact defensively. His role has changed this year. It's easy to bag a player ignoring the role they've been asked to play and the outside role player will always get some stick for their (lack of) defensive exploits at times. Which is what Grigg has been prior to this year.

McDonough did some nice things in the VFL game from what I saw. He'd surely have to get a gig before Chris Newman or any of the others. He seems to have good goal sense and a bit of poise. Not sure how fit he is...maybe he is just one of those blokes who doesn't look fit but actually us.....but he seems to lack muscle definition.