Changes for West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for West Coast

Next Job for the AFL CEO in 2016

- Get rid of this ridiculous 6 team off over 3 weeks off. Have a week off period for all and play 9 games every week
- VFL / AFL fixture alignment (OR) ditch the VFL all together and reinstate the AFL Reserves competition INCLUDING interstate teams. They can afford it!!!
- Get rid of the Sub. Tinker with the # of subs but lets get rid of this silly vest rule,

Tiger Pops said:
Next Job for the AFL CEO in 2016

- Get rid of this ridiculous 6 team off over 3 weeks off. Have a week off period for all and play 9 games every week
- VFL / AFL fixture alignment (OR) ditch the VFL all together and reinstate the AFL Reserves competition INCLUDING interstate teams. They can afford it!!!
- Get rid of the Sub. Tinker with the # of subs but lets get rid of this silly vest rule,
You and I are on the same page Tiger Pops. Those are the same 3 changes I'd like to make.

If there must be a bye then I don't mind the 6 teams a round over 3 rounds.

Baloo said:

agree.

the vfl fixture has improved from a couple of years ago when they had 4 byes in an 18 or 20week season.

i dont think they could have interstate teams playing in the reserves comp. keep in mind anyone who is not on an afl list will be working. it would be hard to have to travel interstate 5 or so times a year and take time off work, at times not knowing if they have to travel until the day they go.

but surely they could get teams who have had a bye to play against each other the following round so one team doesn't have an advantage over another because they have had a weeks rest ie us against Eagles have a big advantage as does Sydney when we play them because they have the rest the week before

Baloo said:

Yep, keeps the games rolling every week - to miss a whole week of footy product would be silly. Players like the bye as they are playing so sore these days.

Just have the bye in one week for all teams. Let's be honest the only reason they've done it this way is to try and maximise crowds. A mid-year break might just save a few marriages ;D

Brodders17 said:
agree.

the vfl fixture has improved from a couple of years ago when they had 4 byes in an 18 or 20week season.

i dont think they could have interstate teams playing in the reserves comp. keep in mind anyone who is not on an afl list will be working. it would be hard to have to travel interstate 5 or so times a year and take time off work, at times not knowing if they have to travel until the day they go.
10 times if non Victorian.
But if Sydney is happy with its reissues playing in Neafl v half fit public servants in Vanberra where is the push for a national resides to come from? Fact that every seconds team needs top up players makes it a farce of a competition. Disgrace that VFA ever let themselves be reamed by AFL. VFL is a joke as competition.

tigerlove said:
Just have the bye in one week for all teams. Let's be honest the only reason they've done it this way is to try and maximise crowds. A mid-year break might just save a few marriages ;D
I've always been in favour of one weekend mid season without an AFL game, and there should also be a week between the end of the H&A season and finals. They could award the Brownlow in that week and it wouldn't affect the GF if a player from one of those sides won it.

I'd like us to go in with an unchanged lineup. Unless some one gives us a reason to drop them - and we're winning - then the team remains unchanged. That includes Morris.

Hopefully when we get a few of our injured players back and the VFL team starts to show some form we can get real pressure to hold your spot in the seniors. That might just be the supplement shot we need heading into the later part of the season.

DirtyDogTiger said:
The WCE team versus Essendon has been named.
If they keep that squad for the game against us:

Naitanui v Maric in the ruck
Kennedy sinclair Darling v chaplin grimes and Rance

And Schofield and McGovern to keep up with Jack and griffiths

I'm not sure if they will bring in another tall defender to handle Vickery.

McGovern could be out with a corked thigh.
That's going to stretch their supply of tall defenders

DirtyDogTiger said:
McGovern could be out with a corked thigh.
That's going to stretch their supply of tall defenders

Our 3 talls are clicking at the right time.

Would love to beat 1st and 2nd on the ladder two rounds in a row.

The Eagles coming off another 6 day break should favor us.

I would go in with an unchanged lineup.

This game is another perfect opportunity to see where we're really at.

Are we a potential top 4 team or one thats going to struggle to make the 8?

I think we'll know the answer to that question by the end of next Friday.