Changes for West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for West Coast

I'm happy with no change.

Even though McJesus can be played on a wing, no one from that team deserves the axe.

Where's Knights at?

CC TIGER said:
I'd think 99% of us want the same, however withn2 games under his belt, they will bring him back in......I'd be dissapointed if Gordon, Arnott ,Lloyd or Lennon came in for Ellis or Menadue on form......on that I wonder if either of the boys will play VFL next week, be a good idea I reckon
Unless there's an injury I'd rather Newy play the remainder of his career in the VFL.

If fit I would consider Newy coming in for Hunt, thought he was pretty average last night.

poppa x said:
No change.
But rotate the Sub - C. Ellis with the vest and Menadue to start.

Check the first 10 goals. Two sublime assists and one goal to CEllis plus a big hand in another.

The difference between an Ok 5 -6 goal quarter and an 8 goal quarter is the sublime skills and decision making of someone like Ellis.

At the start of the year I stated we need to get kicking skills of Lennon and Madonna in. Well Ellis is a better player than those two but we'll be even more damaging when their footskills are integrated into the team.

Great to see Hardwick earning his money finally (actually more by not hindering our players)

Great first half by the boys and solid composure in the second half.

Great first quarter by Griff and Vickery (although Duffield and Johnson gifted him marks through slips and hammy).

Fairly anonymous thereafter though.

Morris earnt his pay wih a very good game but I fear that is his ceiling and about as much as he can contribute. Great Peter Hudson flat punt for goal.

I was going to issue a complete mea culpa on Houli who played a fairly solid 3 quarters despite slipping over more than most but he stunk it up big time in the last with fumbles, helicopter kicks and that insipid attempt on Walters. Even the Sho Tribesmen of the Kalahari desert knew Walters would turn on his left.

Anyway in Mcbean Out the big guy that cant kick straight from inside 20 .

lamb22 said:
Check the first 10 goals. Two sublime assists and one goal to CEllis plus a big hand in another.

The difference between an Ok 5 -6 goal quarter and an 8 goal quarter is the sublime skills and decision making of someone like Ellis.

At the start of the year I stated we need to get kicking skills of Lennon and Madonna in. Well Ellis is a better player than those two but we'll be even more damaging when their footskills are integrated into the team.

Great to see Hardwick earning his money finally (actually more by not hindering our players)

Great first half by the boys and solid composure in the second half.

Great first quarter by Griff and Vickery (although Duffield and Johnson gifted him marks through slips and hammy).

Fairly anonymous thereafter though.

Morris earnt his pay wih a very good game but I fear that is his ceiling and about as much as he can contribute. Great Peter Hudson flat punt for goal.

I was going to issue a complete mea culpa on Houli who played a fairly solid 3 quarters despite slipping over more than most but he stunk it up big time in the last with fumbles, helicopter kicks and that insipid attempt on Walters. Even the Sho Tribesmen of the Kalahari desert knew Walters would turn on his left.

Anyway in Mcbean Out the big guy that cant kick straight from inside 20 .

Not your best work.

Reads like a review of a narrow win against a bottom 8 team.

You can do better.

lukeanddad said:
Not your best work.

Reads like a review of a narrow win against a bottom 8 team.

You can do better.

OK. Replace "Great first half "with "Sublime first half"

BTW kudos to Jackson and his team. He and they are obviously better than other recruiters at seeing through *smile* stats to see real players.

Jack at 13 and Ellis at 12 both unbelievable gets.

The first 11 kids in the 2014 draft must be pretty special.

Fair comment Lamby

Rnd Pick Player Drafted to

1 1 Paddy McCartin St Kilda
1 2 Christian Petracca Melbourne
1 3 Angus Brayshaw Melbourne
1 4 Jarrod Pickett Greater Western Sydney
1 5 Jordan De Goey Collingwood
1 6 Caleb Marchbank Greater Western Sydney
1 7 Paul Ahern Greater Western Sydney
1 8 Peter Wright Gold Coast
1 9 Darcy Moore Collingwood
1 10 Nakia Cockatoo Geelong
1 11 Liam Duggan West Coast
1 12 Corey Ellis Richmond

They may look to give Menadue or C Ellis a rest or more game time at VFL. So failing that we should go unchanged.

Those asking for Morris to get dropped will be waiting a while. Was good last night and is starting to find the ball a bit more.

poppa x said:
My suggestion of CEllis being the sub was to give Menadue more game time.
No intention of being critical of Ellis.

I know Poppa but I don't think we can afford to rest Ellis.

Have look at his passes to Griff and Lids in the first quarter. Top of the top shelf!

Do not bring anyone in from the seconds...they were pathetic today. I was however impressed by Soldo.....as a project I think he has some potential.

I can see why there were those disappointed we didn't take Duggan because he looks a quality youngster as well, but very happy with Corey off a limited pre-season. Shows great composure, balance and foot skills. Managed to hit the scoreboard which is a great effort.

Just wish that we can give Lennon a decent run at as well. Playing this possession type of game you need players with good skills.

puregreen said:
I can see why there were those disappointed we didn't take Duggan because he looks a quality youngster as well, but very happy with Corey off a limited pre-season. Shows great composure, balance and foot skills. Managed to hit the scoreboard which is a great effort.

Just wish that we can give Lennon a decent run at as well. Playing this possession type of game you need players with good skills.

Duggan was picked before our pick. We never had the chance to take him, so can't see why anyone would be disappointed. Cockatoo is in the same category.

perhaps no change for the first time this year.

if Vickery and Maric can break even with Nick Nat and Rance to beat Kennedy - that should be enough to take the wind out of their game

No change.

Everyone has earned their spot.