Changes for West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for West Coast

nikolasmia said:
In Newman out menadue
That is the way it will probably pan out. Unjustified in my mind as the current team has a winning mentality and the kids are not disgracing themselves or the club. From his highlights package Newman is not ready for AFL and his undeserved inclusion could damage the team structure and morale

UKTiger said:
That is the way it will probably pan out. Unjustified in my mind as the current team has a winning mentality and the kids are not disgracing themselves or the club. From his highlights package Newman is not ready for AFL and his undeserved inclusion could damage the team structure and morale

Don't see how adding one of the best leaders the club has had in the past decade could damage team morale

I think it will got that way too, Newy for Menadue would prefer Lennon to come in who's game in the 2's was ok only played first half and had 10 posssies, 2 goals and 3 marks...Or McDonough who 21 disposals, 12 contested possessions, six clearances but coach Clarke says; He needs to play better in order to strengthen his claims for a return to the senior side.

Geez not sure what more matt needs to do the whole team was comprehensively beaten but he did as well as he could under the circumstances....

Back to Connor he did have zero stats coming on as the sub and wouldn't want him to be the sub again needs a full game....

Liked his game against the bombers though with a dozen quality possessions.....

no change

no no and no chris newman..hasn't played an above average game for two years..and we don't need his leadership anymore
if any change McDonough who is playing very good footy consistently in the vfl..for Menadue if Menadue needs a rest

AstuteTiger said:
Back to Connor he did have zero stats coming on as the sub and wouldn't want him to be the sub again needs a full game....

Liked his game against the bombers though with a dozen quality possessions.....

and that ladies and gentlemen is why i think the sub rule is bullcrap! Its nothing but a drain on player resources!!! :mad:

No change necessary, but if they make just the one, then Hunt out for Gordon or Lennon. Still not sold on Hunt, kicking is questionable and gets caught too often.

tassiedave said:
No change necessary, but if they make just the one, then Hunt out for Gordon or Lennon. Still not sold on Hunt, kicking is questionable and gets caught too often.
I'm not quite sold on Hunt either, but if we were going to replace him I can't see how Gordon is an upgrade. ATM Hunt is doing a job and doing it well enough to be selected each game.

Stylo said:
Don't see how adding one of the best leaders the club has had in the past decade could damage team morale
Can't knock the leadership credentials of Newman or what he has done for the club but he is now the past and the young cubs are our future. The current team seems to have gelled and changing that could have an adverse effect. Damaging moral was the wrong phrase to use.

I'm hoping No change but I suspect the Newman/Menadue change.

At a genuine top 4 club, veterans don't have an extended absence, play 3 qtrs at VFL then a bye and then walk into the ones. Newman needs to play 4 qtrs at VFL over 2 weeks to demonstrate his fitness, surely?

UKTiger said:
Can't knock the leadership credentials of Newman or what he has done for the club but he is now the past and the young cubs are our future. The current team seems to have gelled and changing that could have an adverse effect. Damaging moral was the wrong phrase to use.

Tick.

Reckon last year the Eagles were set up for a loss because they were consistently going in tall, and it was a slightly damp evening. This year they seem to have more running power. Wouldn't be risking a player returning from injury unless top class. Agree with no change.

No Change...

Newman can be debated, not much else in the cupboard. Only really Lambert and Astubry returning from injury (any time soon) and others like Gordon and Lloyd just need to keep plugging away.

Anything from Conca and or Knights before the end of 2015 will be a bonus.

Foley and Petterd may have played their last games for RFC

the funny thing is Lloyd would greatly benefit from our current structure.

could easily see him jagging multiples with his front and square work.

very hard to drop anyone from the freo team though.

The trouble (or one of the troubles) with the sub system is that if a player is picked multiple times as a sub he is getting very little footy. That's my concern with Menadue and there is a genuine question about whether he would be better off playing full games at a VFL level for a few weeks.

If we keep the current 22 he is very likely to be sub again.

Sooner the AFL dumps the sub system the better