Changes for West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for West Coast

Chimptastic said:
Not as confident as I was against Freo.

We've just had a Sydney Round 23 type of win and a week's break. ... But mentally have we dealt with the Freo win better than we dealt with the Sydney win last year?

After Sydney we'd been up for 9 weeks and just had a bruising encounter on a bog track. It's little wonder we were flat-footed.

A bit rough on the Weagles playing in Tassie on Sunday then back to Melbourne Friday night. We should cash in on their jet lag.

rosy23 said:
A bit rough on the Weagles playing in Tassie on Sunday then back to Melbourne Friday night. We should cash in on their jet lag.

I think you have missed out on the Essendon game in between these to (no travel there)

year of the tiger said:
I think you have missed out on the Essendon game in between these to (no travel there)

You're wrong yott. That was a training drill. ;D

Everyone deserves to keep their spot, but game time for menadue not playing for 21 days will mean hes getting pretty short on match conditions, needs a full game somewhere.

Geez you just feel that West Coast are ready to be taken down a peg or two.

Friday night footy doesn't get any better for us tiger fans.

Wet or dry, we have their measure.

I reckon we'll break even in the centre clearances this week and establish a good early lead like we did against Freo.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Maybe.
Chris is a good mover, hits his targets, he's tough, and experienced. They will keep picking him until he can't get it done anymore.

Starting to come around to this, if he's 100% right. Eagles have 15 players with 90-180 games, and Rosa possibly to come in. They've snuck up a little bit and are a solid unit. Doubt we'll be able to afford the sub having another zero possession game.

It's a bit weird how some supporters want Morris dropped because of single digit possessions but aren't saying Menadue should be. Menadue will not get better running up and down the wing for a quarter without touching the footy, therefore Newman in (just my opinion of course :) )

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Given average winter weather, the Richmond/West Coast attendance record of 40K is set to be destroyed.

Geez, is that all? You'd think that should be smashed this week surely??

joegarra said:
It's a bit weird how some supporters want Morris dropped because of single digit possessions but aren't saying Menadue should be. Menadue will not get better running up and down the wing for a quarter without touching the footy, therefore Newman in (just my opinion of course :) )

Difference being that Morris gets his single in digits in 120 mins while Menadue is lucky to get 20 mins.

Big 2 weeks coming up. We have beaten 2 if the current top 4 so far and play the other 2 over the next 2 weeks. I reckon we can beat the Weagles and set up a blockbuster v Sydney (Rance v Buddy will be talked about all week). If we can say we have beaten 3 or 4 of the top 4, puts us in real good stead I reckon.

joegarra said:
Hey? Comparing Morris and Menadue? Wtf? Morris, 26, in his 8th season of senior footy and over 100 senior games v Menadue, 19 in his first season of senior footy and played what, 4 games? And as BT24 said Menadue plays far shorter game time than Steve. Silly comparison IMO.

Isn't it more about getting some decent game time and touch into Menadue rather than a comparison with Morris tim? Depends what plans they have for him but to my way of thinking he needs to play a full game and get plenty of he ball. If that has to be at the VFL then it's more for future development than a punishment.